Outcast What did you do with your Outcast today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing else I've used has come close to this stuff for rust/corrosion prevention, long term.

Started using it on firearms years ago

IMG_7685.JPG

Bashed my outcast today and broke it again. Snapped the front upper/rear hinge pin holder. Considering how it landed... probably should have been worse. Importing the footage now. I ran it for a while afterword as I didn't notice it was broke, then I noticed the steering was all over the place.

Also smoked my traxxas 3500 motor in my eJato. Not sure why, but it let the smoke out. I ran it hard a week or so ago for 2 packs, back to back and it was fine. Then as I was zipping through the grass while walking to the skatepark, it stuttered for a second, then smoke. Shopping now.

haven't been able to get the truck out for the last few weeks. Here in the Midwest we have had some really wet weather and the mosquito are so bad you can go outside to get the mail much less run rc cars for an hour. haha. On the flip side it has been saving me quite a bit of money because my son and i are not breaking parts. So that has been nice haha. With waterfowl hunting going on and ice fishing around the corner RC is kind of taking the backseat anyways.

We been having really bad weather as well. In the last 3-4 weeks we had one day without rain or snow. The forcast doesn't look too promising either.

We been having really bad weather as well. In the last 3-4 weeks we had one day without rain or snow. The forcast doesn't look too promising either.
Sorry to hear about your luck. It’s hot as f@&k here in Toronto. Can’t really drive much in this heat unless your in the shade

haven't been able to get the truck out for the last few weeks. Here in the Midwest we have had some really wet weather and the mosquito are so bad you can go outside to get the mail much less run rc cars for an hour. haha. On the flip side it has been saving me quite a bit of money because my son and i are not breaking parts. So that has been nice haha. With waterfowl hunting going on and ice fishing around the corner RC is kind of taking the backseat anyways.
Wisconsin is like two hours from me and we haven't had rain in like a month or two LOL. Luckily we are going to be getting some rain today.....hopefully. Although I do have to admit that not mowing the grass and the lack of mosquitos has been nice this year for once.

This was after bending it back some while out bashing. It looked almost like a soft V, but it cracked when I was bending it back.

2018-0909-Outcast-Damage-shockTower.jpg

I see in this pic that your tower to tower bent the shock tower, is it better to place the tubing on top of the shock tower instead?

I see in this pic that your tower to tower bent the shock tower, is it better to place the tubing on top of the shock tower instead?
My T2T brace was a small piece of square steel key stock. Combining the small footprint it had with the fact that I drilled holes in the towers to run bolts into the end of the brace after drilling/tapping it added up to having a weaker tower with a very focused stress point.

You can see in my later post that I'm now using a more traditional piece of 1" (I think it's that size) square aluminum tubing. I still have it notched so it hangs on top of both the front and rear towers.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-with-your-outcast-today.7421/post-78089

Finally got everything put back together
This rebuild included:

New rpm bumper

New backflips

New body

Modified and polished tower 2 tower brace
Rebuilt shocks with new Tekno rod ends and 6.8 balls

Rebuilt diffs; now running 20/500/10
- added shims behind f/r input pinions

New hinge pins, front/rear hubs and bearings throughout

New Tekno 17t pinion

IMG_7706.JPG
IMG_7708.JPG
IMG_7709.JPG

Well after fixing the turn buckle, I decided I needed to blow up the stock servo. So it got an upgraded. Savox 1210SG, Hot racing servo mount and a CC BEC 2.0. Set the BEC to 7.4V and now “much torque”.

5DBD3647-418E-42FE-B0AC-C481CB57397F.jpeg

So got rid of the sap lit plugs. (I only use sing pack batteries.) much cleaner now.

073CA323-96B4-44E8-A356-EE755EE41977.jpeg

Now time to go out Bashing again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back