Outcast What did you do with your Outcast today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoprosledneck88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Voltage
Thought it would be cool to start a thread: What did you do with your Outcast today?
I took the front diff out this morning and put in some 50,000 fluid to help reduce front end tire balloon. Took it out and it made a good difference. Really like how it handles now and distributes power.

LHS has the stock body clip and body clip retainers so I bought them a week ago and put them on the body. Had a couple missing or broken.

Outcast started to feel a little bland today and I thought it would be a good time to put on the 17T pinion. Omfg did that wake that thing up! Damn, like getting a new rig again. Absolute monster. Looking forward to getting it back out again tomorrow.

So what did you do with your outcast today?

I tried to fit the max8 ESC but it wont fit directly unless I remove the roll cage or I put the esc further away from the cage but it wont match the screw holes to hold it with the chassis.

I tried to fit the max8 ESC but it wont fit directly unless I remove the roll cage or I put the esc further away from the cage but it wont match the screw holes to hold it with the chassis.
I have seen people use a strong double side adhesive and not bother “screwing” it down. I know people even fit the max 6 so they must be doing something similar.

Yeah i am trying to avoid that but its the only way. Need to get something good so it sticks.
I have been wanting to upgrade to a max6 and thought about using some Velcro. I have some that I bought a while ago and you can hardly pull it apart. Really strong stuff. 2” wide like duct tape.

Why are you selling it?

Because it just wouldn't stay together and broke every time I used it. Haha every time I crashed, there goes the wing mount (tried 3 different brands of wing mounts) or shock towers would bend or something would pop off or drive train issues would emerge and steering components would bend or loosen up. Compared to what everyone else puts there's through, I didn't even beat it that hard. I would only jump it 3 or 4 feet high and a distance of 10-15 feet, landing in grass, and it just couldn't handle it. I did some upgrades and everyone would tell me to buy this and that but at the end of doing all that, not much of it is Arrma anymore. I'd see some people's truck and the only thing on it that was Arrma was the dam chassis. Haha Buying a truck for $500 and then needing to invest another $500+ into it (not counting the batteries and a charger) just so I can do baby jumps doesn't make sense to me. I took great care of it. Cleaned it after every use, took it apart for a good anal flushing once a month or so and always replacing broken parts when needed. It's back to 100% but I just put it on the shelf and stopped using it. It just wasn't fun for me anymore. Spent more time working on it and waiting for parts to come in than using it.

Because it just wouldn't stay together and broke every time I used it. Haha every time I crashed, there goes the wing mount (tried 3 different brands of wing mounts) or shock towers would bend or something would pop off or drive train issues would emerge and steering components would bend or loosen up. Compared to what everyone else puts there's through, I didn't even beat it that hard. I would only jump it 3 or 4 feet high and a distance of 10-15 feet, landing in grass, and it just couldn't handle it. I did some upgrades and everyone would tell me to buy this and that but at the end of doing all that, not much of it is Arrma anymore. I'd see some people's truck and the only thing on it that was Arrma was the dam chassis. Haha Buying a truck for $500 and then needing to invest another $500+ into it (not counting the batteries and a charger) just so I can do baby jumps doesn't make sense to me. I took great care of it. Cleaned it after every use, took it apart for a good anal flushing once a month or so and always replacing broken parts when needed. It's back to 100% but I just put it on the shelf and stopped using it. It just wasn't fun for me anymore. Spent more time working on it and waiting for parts to come in than using it.
That blows me away man. The only thing I have had to replace was a couple shock rod ends and front a arms. And I all out send this thing. Huge air, bad crashes. Still has the factory wing mount for god sake haha. Stock tower, stock chassis braces, and everything haha. Added a tower to tower brace. Oh, stock servo went out. That’s to bad that you have had that kind of luck. So what are you going to buy when you sell the outcast? Mt410? Haha

Drove it
0E456674-7E13-4DC4-9225-942668A92D91.jpeg

That blows me away man. The only thing I have had to replace was a couple shock rod ends and front a arms. And I all out send this thing. Huge air, bad crashes. Still has the factory wing mount for god sake haha. Stock tower, stock chassis braces, and everything haha. Added a tower to tower brace. Oh, stock servo went out. That’s to bad that you have had that kind of luck. So what are you going to buy when you sell the outcast? Mt410? Haha

I never put a tower to tower brace on it. I. Can't believe you still have the stock wing mount. Haha TBR, in my opinion, has the best wing mount but I've broke 2 of them. I snapped the rear chassis brace and replaced it with a Hot Racing one. Before I had any shock issues I beefed up the rod ends the way IMTHEOUTCAST recommended and never had any issues there. I broke 2 front and 1 rear A arm so I put RPM arms all the way around it. I'm going to buy the MT410 when ever I sell my Outcast. I want something I can build from the ground up. :)

I never put a tower to tower brace on it. I. Can't believe you still have the stock wing mount. Haha TBR, in my opinion, has the best wing mount but I've broke 2 of them. I snapped the rear chassis brace and replaced it with a Hot Racing one. Before I had any shock issues I beefed up the rod ends the way IMTHEOUTCAST recommended and never had any issues there. I broke 2 front and 1 rear A arm so I put RPM arms all the way around it. I'm going to buy the MT410 when ever I sell my Outcast. I want something I can build from the ground up. :)
Maybe you can post your build in the other section on here also. I would like to see it. I really want to build one also but you end up having about $1,000 or more into them once your done. If I upgrade the electronics in my outcast before they go out then that would be a good system to put in the Tekno.

Sorry for your luck. I too do break things but the best upgrade I did was the tower to tower brace. My front stock chassis brace broke awhile back and I’m still jumping the damn thing with no issues. I still have my wing on it I’m using rpm wing mounts with no issues yet at least 20-30 packs. I replaced the stock a arms with rpm when they brake still have one stock front arm.

Maybe you can post your build in the other section on here also. I would like to see it. I really want to build one also but you end up having about $1,000 or more into them once your done. If I upgrade the electronics in my outcast before they go out then that would be a good system to put in the Tekno.

I did post it in another section on here, it's called the classifieds. Hahaha I list the upgrades I installed and all the spare parts that go with it.

Oh you meant the MT410, my bad. Haha

My son and I were about to go out for a bash tonight when his stock granite 4x4 motor went out. I think I may replace it with a 15T just to help it run a little cooler. I’m pretty sure heat is killing these motor prematurely. Anyways, needless to say we took the outcast out for a rip. To be honest I felt bad his was down so I let him run it the entire time.

I just took the front diff out and replaced it with 50,000 and decided that I had some extra time tonight and pulled the center diff and rear diff. Put 100K back in the middle and made a blend of 10K and 50K for the rear. Mostly 50K so if I had to guess it would be around 40K. Man oh man did that make a difference. Truck stays a lot more planted. I can accelerate quite a bit faster before the front starts to wheelie. I like that a lot. I have a few jumps that have shorter run ups and it was hard to get the speed for them. I have a really large step up jump that I made that I hope I can make a little easier now. Guess we will see tomorrow or Friday.

Switched out the stock wing mount for an RPM mount. My stock one finally let go, cracked on one side. I kept it just in case I need to use the ends for going between the chassis brace and bulkhead.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Bash on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back