What did you drive today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a move my drill rig to day

6824130D-43AD-4A2B-88EF-7A332947E24C.jpeg

0FF795D8-B1CA-4813-8732-BFB79C6A05EE.jpeg

Well, this was yesterday, right outside the college campus while my son was at track practice. I was so excited to bash around for the 1st time at somewhere other than my yard. 😂

Well, it didn't last long. One of my wheel hexes must have gotten stripped recently as the tire cap/nut wouldn't stay on. After the tire coming off the 1st time, I searched for some tape to use and for whatever reason I did not have any in my car (I have every other "survival thing" in there 🙄)

So I tried to use a Band-Aid...well it worked for a few minutes until the tire came off and rolled right to me. Guess that was a sign it wasn't meant to be that day. 🤣

Luckily, it's a quick fix and I already have an extra hex to install. (y)

So, when I got home, still had plenty of juice in the 6s batt, so threw it in the Senton 6s and did some laps on the track and in the yard. :)

VideoCapture_20230518-173933.jpg

Am I the only one that takes pictures during a bash?🧐 Got me double posting over here.

I'm still taming down the big one with throttle curve and limiter it's helping. Limitless on 53/107 hoons is just OK. The tires suck for grip but if they last longer I'll be happy.

PXL_20230520_213722460~3.jpg

Am I the only one that takes pictures during a bash?🧐 Got me double posting over here.

I'm still taming down the big one with throttle curve and limiter it's helping. Limitless on 53/107 hoons is just OK. The tires suck for grip but if they last longer I'll be happy.

View attachment 300964
What is that monster??

Went to a dirt track for the first time today and hit a jump full throttle. Landed/cartwheeled like 4 times and one of my rear shocks split in half. As much as it sucked to have my run end, it was so cool to push the car to its absolute limit and break as a result. Anyways I had to go to the hobby shop right after and buy some new shocks.

Here you can see the spring that fell out of the shock after it split

IMG_3195.jpg

I replaced the broken rear shock and took the opportunity to replace the shock oil to 60wt. Car feels a lot better now.

IMG_3200.jpg

All finished! I went for a drive shortly after I took this.

IMG_3201.jpg

Went to a dirt track for the first time today and hit a jump full throttle. Landed/cartwheeled like 4 times and one of my rear shocks split in half. As much as it sucked to have my run end, it was so cool to push the car to its absolute limit and break as a result. Anyways I had to go to the hobby shop right after and buy some new shocks.

View attachment 301009

I replaced the broken rear shock and took the opportunity to replace the shock oil to 60wt. Car feels a lot better now.

View attachment 301010

View attachment 301012
That sucks man, glad u got back up and running. Ever considered a 6S Typhon? Those things are way more indestructible than their 3S counterparts.

That sucks man, glad u got back up and running. Ever considered a 6S Typhon? Those things are way more indestructible than their 3S counterparts.

Honestly if I could go back to last week I would've bought a 6S but I've already drilled into my body and thrashed the car so I'm stuck with it.

Or, I might consider getting a TLR as a track use car and keep the 3s and make it a Truggy for bashing.

View attachment 301009

View attachment 301010

View attachment 301012
Have you thought about upgrading to 6s shocks? I've heard about guys using the 6s shocks on the 3s line with pretty good results. Not sure which model to use, but that info is around here somewhere. I think @Velodromed has done it?

Have you thought about upgrading to 6s shocks? I've heard about guys using the 6s shocks on the 3s line with pretty good results. Not sure which model to use, but that info is around here somewhere. I think @Velodromed has done it?
Yup, lots of us have. 6s mojave front shocks for the front, and 6s Kraton front shocks for the rear. The springs are a bit stiff though so I use team associated yellow springs instead.

Where can I find the details? Googling 1/5 Brave RC isn’t finding much.

Thanks bro, the car was made by Bergonzoni in the 90's, and you're right there's not much left on the web about them, you should try finding parts LMAO. I've been lucky and found a few things on ebay that's about it. From what I can tell Dynamic took them over at some point, cheapened it up (8mm chassis down to maybe 4mm) and haven't done anything worth mentioning. My dealings etc have been going in this thread:

Thread 'What ESC: XLX2 vs HW MAX4' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-esc-xlx2-vs-hw-max4.58358/

This thing had way too little traction for a spooled rig, back to GRP or PH Grippers.

PXL_20230521_230508418.jpg

this was fun to have out again but it needs heavier diff fluid or a spool or 3.3 diffs, not sure which....

PXL_20230522_231456449.jpg

The new benchmarks I am working with for testing are 0-40mph, or 66/94 ft, given my road and the 10k cars traveling it daily.

Screenshot_20230522-192541.png

Screenshot_20230522-192804.png

Broke the Black Sheep earlier so I waited for the grocery store across the street to close so I could take The Beast out for it's maiden parking lot bash. Performed pretty well actually, planted well & corners better than I thought it would- didn't end up on the roof once! Tried some 132' drag hits for the 1st time ever (w/ any car) but had a hard time getting it to hook. Do you drag guys just pin the throttle? I probably have it geared too high for dragging but it was fun anyways. Maybe I could use the channel speed on the noble nb4 for the throttle- like 2 seconds or something?
I definitely need to run a longer antenna up thru the body tho- my range was only about 300'

20230523_211018.jpg

20230523_214358.jpg

Screenshot_20230523-212437_RC Gears.jpg

Screenshot_20230523-212744_RC Gears.jpg

Back