What Did You Jerry Rig Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCbuzz

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Senton 3s
I will kick it off:

1. Extreme Duty Pool Noodle Bumper
2. Super Custom wheelie bar made of plexiglass, shoe goo, 16penny nails, and a roller shoe wheel
3. DIY custom wire management plus hot glue purple light bar.
4. Custom plexi roof and tail skids w/excessive shoe goo usage
5. Everything is better with googly eyes.

Does this count as a build thread? :cool:

I bet you guys have some awesome ones, let's see em!

20211130_185315.jpg

20211130_185345.jpg

20211130_184658.jpg

20211130_184810.jpg

20211130_183932.jpg

I will kick it off:

2. Super Custom wheelie bar made of plexiglass, shoe goo, 16penny nails, and a roller shoe wheel

View attachment 183152

View attachment 183161

View attachment 183162

View attachment 183163

View attachment 183164

GOOGLY GOOGLY!!
(I know I heard that in a movie somewhere I just can’t remember which one) I love googly eyes though. Just finished rounding up several lying around that my step daughter has. I want to use them as headlights on a bug body.

I will kick it off:

View attachment 183152

View attachment 183161

View attachment 183162

View attachment 183163

View attachment 183164
If that is painters tape it's probably going to come off during your first bash.
GOOGLY GOOGLY!!
(I know I heard that in a movie somewhere I just can’t remember which one) I love googly eyes though. Just finished rounding up several lying around that my step daughter has. I want to use them as headlights on a bug body.
Giggity Giggity?
Family Guy Quagmire GIF

Gorilla tape at a minimum, and you should be golden.
Every RC tool box needs GTape.

Still got a few bashes left right?

20220302_205006.jpg

20220302_205022.jpg

K8S Pillow ball retainers backing out? Don't glue them, strip of metal backed HVAC tape works. Covered the rest with painters tape to keep rocks out. :cool:

20220917_181909.jpg

K8S Pillow ball retainers backing out? Don't glue them, strip of metal backed HVAC tape works. Covered the rest with painters tape to keep rocks out. :cool:

View attachment 244174

One thing I like about the Traxxas pillow ball vehicles is that they have dust boots on them. They should be made out of at least a thicker rubber as they tear rather easily though another good in theory but poorly executed design. There was a guy in Poland making some better ones but his eBay store disappeared 😔

It would be cool if someone could make a decent setup for the Arrma stuff.

Painters tape is still holding! 😆

If that is painters tape it's probably going to come off during your first bash.
‐‐-----------------
Side Note

This little Redcat is still running laps, still have never had a drivetrain issue.... I don't know how but the bearings are original too.

Problem though, the lower screw holding the front hub on, pops out on a crash or bad landing...

This has happened many times, tried multiple things:

1. Super glue and 2 part epoxy to repair threads (worked for a short time).
2. Stenthen the C hub with shoe goo to reduce flex and stress on that screw.
3. Grind down the screw head so that it could flex (pull through) the C-hub.
3. And finally last straw, used old computer hardware to make a thread that I melted into the hub. (Have not tested this yet)

Going to pickup some aftermarket metal hubs but reviews are hit or miss, thinking I don't need metal C-hubs and just go with metal for the inner part.

Anyone have a Redcat Volcano or HSP Brontosaurus with this issue? Anything you have found that works? Besides this issue these rigs have been a ton of fun.

20221014_205420.jpg

Screenshot_20221014-210226_Samsung Internet.jpg
142f6182a1d7eef6cefad6e69a3c4de002f20e646705fba810a22947f914e17c (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Painters tape is still holding! 😆

‐‐-----------------
Side Note

This little Redcat is still running laps, still have never had a drivetrain issue.... I don't know how but the bearings are original too.

Problem though, the lower screw holding the front hub on, pops out on a crash or bad landing...

This has happened many times, tried multiple things:

1. Super glue and 2 part epoxy to repair threads (worked for a short time).
2. Stenthen the C hub with shoe goo to reduce flex and stress on that screw.
3. Grind down the screw head so that it could flex (pull through) the C-hub.
3. And finally last straw, used old computer hardware to make a thread that I melted into the hub. (Have not tested this yet)

Going to pickup some aftermarket metal hubs but reviews are hit or miss, thinking I don't need metal C-hubs and just go with metal for the inner part.

Anyone have a Redcat Volcano or HSP Brontosaurus with this issue? Anything you have found that works? Besides this issue these rigs have been a ton of fun.

View attachment 250143

View attachment 250147

Really? I can’t get that crap to stay down when I'm painting 😂

Gorilla tape, ShooGoo, or even Hot glue would great for the wiring. I use all of these staple items for my RC projects.

Gorilla tape, ShooGoo, or even Hot glue would great for the wiring. I use all of these staple items for my RC projects.
That aluminum tape works amazing for holding wires up, but its a huge pain in the butt to get off.

I clean the surface with simple green and use 3M brand painters tape. Works for me but maybe I don't bash like you guys.

Use the HVAC tape to hold hub pivot ball caps from unscrewing (works awesome).

I don't use hot glue on bodies anymore, it just doesn't stick well for me and leaves melted dimples all over the body (from the heat).

Really? I can’t get that crap to stay down when I'm painting 😂
Yeah I hear that alot .. after 15 years being a automotive painter the only masking tape I use is from 3M or pro stripe fine line tape.best poop out there.pay more but costs less in aggravation 👍

Back