What did you paint today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Camaroboy that is gonna be really nice when it's done ! You have to video the unveil when your dad gets it back , that will be a priceless moment in life ! Had no idea you did painting / bodywork ? Can't believe we've never crossed paths at RCM ? I to use PPG , great stuff , but very $$$$$$ !!!!
Well , here is my 1:1 painting of lately , the inside of the fenders and door jambs of the 1970 AAR Cuda I am doing . This is PPG DCC Concept single stage with 2021 clear cocktailed in it .

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5689.JPG

That thing is going to be sweet.. love those old cuda's..😍.. man, I know it.. paint has gone through the roof over the year's.. that camel brown poly on the truck was $418 a quart for the base..😱.. and the dang stuff is a tri coat, so a burgundy brown base first.. roughly 4 g's just in paint and paint materials.. they don't make it easy anymore..

Man, I haven't been to rcm in some time now.. I miss the place...😂😂

Now for the many , many hours on the bottom. Every ding / dent / pit etc , this car is going concourse , gray dip primer look with the white overspray onto the floor pans . The rotisserie is worth every penny !!! Lol

IMG_2633.jpeg

Hood for the 68 I finished up yesterday.. love how the paint shifts from brown to copper depending on the light it gets..😍 little wet sand and buff today and hopefully get this bad boy on there..👍

IMG_20230616_142742918_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230616_142725431.jpg

IMG_20230616_224427622.jpg

IMG_20230616_224414553.jpg

Now for the many , many hours on the bottom. Every ding / dent / pit etc , this car is going concourse , gray dip primer look with the white overspray onto the floor pans . The rotisserie is worth every penny !!! Lol

View attachment 306595
Gorgeous! Oh yeah, gotta love a rotisserie.. working above your head is for the bird's!.. 😂..

Are those the factory pan's? Or did you do floor's?.. she looks right brother that's for sure!..

Gorgeous! Oh yeah, gotta love a rotisserie.. working above your head is for the bird's!.. 😂..

Are those the factory pan's? Or did you do floor's?.. she looks right brother that's for sure!..
It still has it's original floor pan / frame rails / firewall / wheel wells / trunk lid / tail panel / doors .
I put on AMD 1/4's / trunk floor / trunk extensions / dutchman panel / roof skin / "A" pillars / upper cowl / left fr fender / lower rad support / fr and rr valnces . This is how I got it and started . Off to blaster , got back , epoxy everywhere in / out .

aar 1.jpg

aar 3.jpg

aar 5.jpg

aar 7.jpg

bkside2.jpg

bkside3.jpg

frnt end shtmetal 2.jpg

It still has it's original floor pan / frame rails / firewall / wheel wells / trunk lid / tail panel / doors .
I put on AMD 1/4's / trunk floor / trunk extensions / dutchman panel / roof skin / "A" pillars / upper cowl / left fr fender / lower rad support / fr and rr valnces . This is how I got it and started . Off to blaster , got back , epoxy everywhere in / out .

View attachment 306597

View attachment 306598

View attachment 306599

View attachment 306600

View attachment 306602

View attachment 306603

View attachment 306604

Hell of a job man, I know all to well how much work all of that is.. hats off to you for rescuing her from impending doom.. 💯

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back