What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
We got 5-6" of snow Friday night and now the temps have dropped out.

I'm jonesing for some wheel time. So much so that I'm doing some nitro maintenance.

Pulled the engine on my Savage X to gear it down a tooth on the bell to find that my engine mount was broke. Got a new one of those installed and ARO'd the engine/seals with the new bell.

Then decided to pull down my 21TM revo to check shock end slop and drop it down a tooth as well, ended up going up 2 teeth on the spur instead. Used dubro monster ball ends for the rear shocks, hoping they hold up better. Also ARO'd the engine/needles as I'm pretty sure I forgot to do that when I ran it this summer. Found the header gasket was torn... had a hard time finding another to fit with the THS high torque pipe/header. Found a random one in my parts box, I think it was an associated one that apparently is discontinued. Ordered 2 more one ebay to have on hand.

Now I have my big block revo on the bench, rear shock ends are trashed and just found that I have integy P1 rockers on the rear and can't find a good set of captured P2 aluminum ones, so ordered a set of not captured HR ones. Also put dubro ends on the shocks. Waiting for the rockers to show up and trying to figure out something better for the header. I have the THS BB revo pipe, but it's header is twisted/bent to fit a standard traxxas BB mount, so I had to make something out of an LST2 header that works, but pretty sure it doesn't flow well... I ARO'd the engine, but can't put it back in until I replace the rockers.

Outcast, stampede 4x4, ejato, savage flux are all ready to bash...

I've read/seen quite a few posts where arrma esc's aren't fans of water, even though they are supposed to be waterproof. I haven't run my outcast in snow yet, at least not enough to get it all under the body. Is it a hit or miss thing? Some are ok, others aren't?

Yeah it rained most of the day here in NYC and then temps dropped 19 degrees to down to 20 degrees F. in 3 hours! So I worked on my Notorious. Mostly a clean up and relubed all the hub bearings. The last bash was a wet muddy one. Cleaned and adjusted the pillow balls( I use powdered graphite on the pillow balls), lubed the camber rod ends and steering ball ends with a fast drying wax lube as they tend to bind and squeak every so often but are pretty durable thus far. Washed the Backflips of heavy mud causing severe D. Train vibes. I actually decided to balance these Backflips too. Throttled up on the bench this drivetrain is vibration free. Probably overkill in a non race application.

Attachments

• Notorious Photo.jpg
    Notorious Photo.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 166
I did a general tidy up of my Helion Dominus 20SC (hence forth referred to as PoC - Piece of Crap). In two minds about upgrading it or leaving it alone . Leaving it means its fairly useless though my kids will probably still play with it, and it is cheaper BUT I'm left with the PoC.....upgrading would be fun but I would have to replace pretty much everything in which case I might as well have bought a better vehicle in the first place.....oh what to do:eek:

Worked on my kitchen, finished laying the vinyl tile and put down the threshholds..

Wanna work on my RC but the fiddlesticking mail man isn't coming today :(

Tomorrow tho I plan on fixing the steering on my notorious then looking into pulling at least 1 or both diffs from the BRCC and swapping fluids.

Plan on installing this Bell crank to my senton

Hey man did you get that all worked out? You been saying u were gonna do it for a few days now lol

Ah, inside the diff cup. Haven't busted one of those yet. I run 4S... perhaps that's why. What oils do you run in your diffs? Do you do much two wheeling on the side?
I've busted quite a few of them i got some on order now i even shattered the outdrive where the pin goes through but that was probably my fault i hardened them with the heat and oil method made them super hard but also brittle as glass and i run 50k front and rear 6s lipo but i do high jumps backflips ect...

When I get in that mindset, I switch trucks or go home. I like bashing more than wrenching. lol!
Lol that's not a bad idea but it's so addicting but my outcast has all the voltage hobby upgrades so it's pretty good at taking the pounding never really broke it other than diff problems here and there

I've busted quite a few of them i got some on order now i even shattered the outdrive where the pin goes through but that was probably my fault i hardened them with the heat and oil method made them super hard but also brittle as glass and i run 50k front and rear 6s lipo but i do high jumps backflips ect...
I've read that some people use drill bit shafts, cut to size, as replacements. Can't find the thread, but it's just a matter of measuring the diameter of the pin with a caliper, and buying in bulk. I'll keep searching to see if I can find the thread.

Back