What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was curious about that. The first and last time I ran a 1/8th buggy at the skate park sent me home with the front tower snapped and two broken shock shafts from one bad roof landing.

Installed a Leopard 4092/1730kv motor and an Arrma 6S BLX ESC in my Redcat Shredder. Had a ball out on my wet street, ballooning all 4 tires at will! Ran a 5000/50 battery down to 40%, and didn't break anything! Also did some bashing in the wet dirt, fun, but cleaning was a beech! Can't find the good air nozzle for my air compressor. Will buy 2 tomorrow! It's still raining, and tomorrows another day! Ha!:)

Put JB Weld to fill the crack, then a metal reinforcement riveted for good measure. It'll have to do until I get a replacement. It's officially a TBONE Lego JB Weld front bumper now.
20190320_235154.jpg
15531406064258704710707356932048.jpg

Put JB Weld to fill the crack, then a metal reinforcement riveted for good measure. It'll have to do until I get a replacement. It's officially a TBONE Lego JB Weld front bumper now.View attachment 33314View attachment 33315
I need to do the same to that same kind of piece on my tbone stampede front bumper.

Got my new stampede chassis yesterday, so I tore that down and replaced it.
2019-0317-Stampede-CrackedChassis-Bottom.jpg

2019-0321-Stampede-BrokenChassisDisassembled.jpg

Shiny and new:
2019-0321-Stampede-NewChassis-noRollbar-Top.jpg

Then, after I drilled holes to put my homemade roll bar back on, I decided to go arrma on it, and made a T2T brace instead with some stiff foam bits for the body to rest on. The only reason I made the roll bar was so the body wouldn't buckle and rip through the body mounts/split behind the cab within the first 10 minutes of having a new body. Will see how this does with the old body:
2019-0321-Stampede-T2T-ESCSide.jpg

Waiting on an extended battery tray hold down, then I can ditch the velcro to run my 7200mah 3S SMC packs. I thought I had the extended one already, as I got mine used and it had the tall front post. But there's a tall rear piece too that allows it to retain up to a 42mm pack. I hate using velcro...

Hopefully, will get the outcast and this thing out tomorrow to the grass bmx track and see what kind of mess I can make of them. :)

crimsonfancy
Thanks for the link on the fan, order a couple. Will work in tight spaces.:)
Just want to give you a heads up on the Yeah Racing fan I bought. Upon opening the package, I found the lead disconected at the solder joint. I'm also not thrilled with the gauge of wire though it is pretty standard. I do though like the look of the fan but wish it included mounting hardware.
Rather than trying to solder such a small two joints with my older eyes, I'm in the process of returning the fan. If they allow me to keep the product and return all or most of my money, I'll try to solder it on some heavier servo lead.
@cootertwo , I hope you were happy with yours and if you haven't examined them yet, this could be a good time to check em out before the return window closes.
Otherwise, I really like the look and construction of the fan itself; my issue is the lead and quality of the solder joint.

Just want to give you a heads up on the Yeah Racing fan I bought. Upon opening the package, I found the lead disconected at the solder joint. I'm also not thrilled with the gauge of wire though it is pretty standard. I do though like the look of the fan but wish it included mounting hardware.
Rather than trying to solder such a small two joints with my older eyes, I'm in the process of returning the fan. If they allow me to keep the product and return all or most of my money, I'll try to solder it on some heavier servo lead.
@cootertwo , I hope you were happy with yours and if you haven't examined them yet, this could be a good time to check em out before the return window closes.
Otherwise, I really like the look and construction of the fan itself; my issue is the lead and quality of the solder joint.
rcjuice has some decent little 30mm alloy housing fans. Nice silicone wires too. I got a couple to use for future things just because they were $10 at the time.

$15 now:
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-turbo-ventilator-esc-motor-fan-30x30mm-red.html
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-turbo-ventilator-esc-motor-fan-30x30mm-gold.html

rcjuice has some decent little 30mm alloy housing fans. Nice silicone wires too. I got a couple to use for future things just because they were $10 at the time.

$15 now:
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-turbo-ventilator-esc-motor-fan-30x30mm-red.html
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-turbo-ventilator-esc-motor-fan-30x30mm-gold.html

Thank you. Yes, I have seen those and kicked myself when I passed on buying a few when they offered them on sale. Now that I plan to replace the YR fan, I'll probably order one or two of these.
I just stuck on a standard HR 30x30 on the BRCC but I'm afraid it won't be enough to cool this motor on the 18t pinion.

Just got done installing a spool w/34tooth spur and 29 tooth pinion in my brand new never been run Typhon 6S. Also installed 2 yeah fans. Will catch a video of this, and my 3S/6S typhon when I go out to my running strip. Set punch to 1 and brakes to 50% yee haw!
newtyphon.jpg

Well, as luck would have it, when I tore the stampede down, I noticed the center diff main bearing was a little on the wobbly side. Unfortunately, I didn't have a replacement, so I ran DA through it to clean it, then put some oil in it. As I was scrounging through stuff today looking for possibly the taller battery mount from when I got it used, I found the spare bearing king headz included. I did order 10 more on amazon yesterday, which will probably be here Monday, so glad I found it.

While looking for the taller battery mount (which I also ordered yesterday), I had an idea to just raise the mount that is in there. I had the tall front post, so I raised it using old losi shock ends by using my spiffy caliper to measure (11.8mm) and the depth gauge so I didn't strip out using retardedly long screws (19mm).

After sorting that out and putting the big pack in, I realized that my mini-cap pack on the hw max10 sct was going to spend it's short life banging on the T2T brace on every jump... so I heat shrunk it and ziptied it to the brace with enough slack to not stress wires.

All ready to go for tomorrow:
2019-0322-Stampede-T2T-BatteryRiser-TraySide.jpg

Well, as luck would have it, when I tore the stampede down, I noticed the center diff main bearing was a little on the wobbly side. Unfortunately, I didn't have a replacement, so I ran DA through it to clean it, then put some oil in it. As I was scrounging through stuff today looking for possibly the taller battery mount from when I got it used, I found the spare bearing king headz included. I did order 10 more on amazon yesterday, which will probably be here Monday, so glad I found it.

While looking for the taller battery mount (which I also ordered yesterday), I had an idea to just raise the mount that is in there. I had the tall front post, so I raised it using old losi shock ends by using my spiffy caliper to measure (11.8mm) and the depth gauge so I didn't strip out using retardedly long screws (19mm).

After sorting that out and putting the big pack in, I realized that my mini-cap pack on the hw max10 sct was going to spend it's short life banging on the T2T brace on every jump... so I heat shrunk it and ziptied it to the brace with enough slack to not stress wires.

All ready to go for tomorrow:
2019-0322-Stampede-T2T-BatteryRiser-TraySide.jpg
very cool!
When I first kinda got serious about RC...obviously not so long ago, I picked up a cheaper caliper set from Harbor Freight on a whim. Never thought I would use it much. Sure enough the thing is essential to my kit now and for the cost at HF, I think we all could benefit from knowing the details. It's helped me learn more about migrating from my ingrained US standard of always measuring with fractions of inches at least. Makes me feel brighter now that I can speak in mm for details. It's a personal hurdle, I guess. haha.

I've been working on the Arrma Forum! Woot woot! If you guys want some good reading, go back to the beginning of the 6s threads. The stuff they had to deal with, and how far the Arrma lines have come along, will blow your mind. If you bought a 6s in V2 or V3 form, you're miles ahead of the game compared to the V1's. Arrma really does listen to their customers, as I have read what was wrong, and how they changed things. Arrma really is the #basherschoice!

Picked up a project. LHS had a demo Cajun Commander that they used for spare parts and never got it back together. Apparently the motor mount is back ordered EVERYWHERE. I offered them $100 for it, and they took it. I fab'd up the motor mount, but it's mounted an inch lower that stock location so I couldn't use the 9x7 prop, had to use an 8x6 instead. Had to run to Walmart to get a pilot for her, I found the undertaker lol. Now re-doing the wiring, but pretty close to first test run. It's my first boat, so I'm pretty excited.

CC motor mount.jpg
CC.jpg
CC undertaker.jpg

Put the stock servo back in my Notorious after my aftermarket 20kg Animous from Amazon, went into sleep mode. Trying to find something that won't need a bec, but I'll run stock for now. Cleaned all the front suspension and drivetrain, and replaced my front dif, so I can service the one that was in there. Weather is just getting nice enough for some serious bash time, but as always, something had to go to make today's run a shortened one?

Installed another new servo into my brcc cuz I put a screw too deep into the previous one I just installed and well.. It got warm :\ and then.. well.. It stopped working lol

Woops....

I think I still have 1 more backup laying around..

Put the stock servo back in my Notorious after my aftermarket 20kg Animous from Amazon, went into sleep mode.
I did just the opposite. My stock servo was getting sloppy, especially in reverse where the front wheels would just flop side to side (servo saver is tight) Replaced it with a 20kg Amazon special, DS-something. Set the end points and will try it out later today.

Tire went flying off my Brcc.. I lost the screw that holds these axel hexes in place :( Came home put it back on and red Loctite, took it easy on the truck for the first 10min then ran it like hell..

Wheel fell off again...

so now were on down time while we wait for red Loctite to cure.

fiddlestick me right.

Plus I put a new screw in my servo saver / servo and Loctite that down. Hopefully everything is working properly again tho the cruncy sound is concerning...

Also hydro dipped a new noto body, whicl I royally fiddlesticked that one up.. Not my forte!

Working on getting my old HB Dirt Demon running. I made the mistake of letting my brother in law take it for a spin and he promptly ran it full speed into a wood post. Broke a suspension arm and a corner of the chassis. I made a stainless skid plate and welded a piece onto it to fix the damaged corner. Luckily, I also had a spare arm laying around. Now, time to put it all back together.
20190324_071913.jpg
20190324_071930.jpg

Fixed my outcast after yesterdays outing. Busted an inside tierod end on the steering and shattered one of the dubro monster ball ends on the front after hitting a tree branch in flight. Assuming it landed hard on that one arm and bent it too far as the cvd was also popped out. I couldn't see it land as it was on the other side of the berm. Also readjusted the gear mesh, the HR sliding motor mount moved in a bit at some point. Also took the fans off to get all the grass out of the heat sinks.

Kind of funny... all I had in my pit bag to keep my going was traxxas and RPM ball ends. I used a RPM ball end for traxxas 4mm pushrods for the shock and a jato long 4mm ball end for the steering with a bolt/nut. Almost got me through two more sets of packs. Ripped the RPM ball end through on a bad landing.

Back