What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the stock servo back in my Notorious after my aftermarket 20kg Animous from Amazon, went into sleep mode. Trying to find something that won't need a bec, but I'll run stock for now. Cleaned all the front suspension and drivetrain, and replaced my front dif, so I can service the one that was in there. Weather is just getting nice enough for some serious bash time, but as always, something had to go to make today's run a shortened one?
Well, one piece of good news. Amazon is refunding my purchase on this cheap Annimos servo. It was only $26, which is about $16 US, and the reviews seemed to say it would be alright. Well it wasn't, so I'm still hunting for a new one, before the stock I put back in bites the big one. I know, I know, Savox 1210sg. It's $115! pay me now or pay me later, but those JX units I keep reading about in the forum, are starting to look pretty appealing:unsure:

New avid bearings in the Senton. I had no idea it was gonna be a 2 day project when I started!
IMG_20190323_083448.jpg

New avid bearings in the Senton. I had no idea it was gonna be a 2 day project when I started! View attachment 33733
If your re-shimming everything, plus getting at those dif drive pinions, it would definitely be a daunting task. Great reason to get it all cleaned up though.

New avid bearings in the Senton. I had no idea it was gonna be a 2 day project when I started! View attachment 33733
I really dig your truck stand. Many years ago, I was trying to think of a way to make something narrow but stable for my savage's to sit on... never came up with anything I could make with the tools I had. But seeing this... I could easily make that out of 2x4's. Sweet!

I really dig your truck stand. Many years ago, I was trying to think of a way to make something narrow but stable for my savage's to sit on... never came up with anything I could make with the tools I had. But seeing this... I could easily make that out of 2x4's. Sweet!
I have lots of scrap wood left over from the chicken coop, so it was a no brainier. Saves money for car upgrades! It's a piece of 4x4 with 2x2 for the feet. All cut at 45 degrees on the chop saw. I made another one for the kraton. Glad you like.

Put a set of talions on my BRCC since that's pretty much all I have atm that fits.. And I hate these friggin tires with a passion there CRAP!

Close but no prize! Rough day. 3S typhon slipper kept slipping, got an 80mph out of it. New Typhon 6S with 29/34 spool did OK until I hit the curb at speed. Only popped the steering linkage. Popped it back in and did another run, then it started doing fish tails. Brought it in, and found the damned pin gone AGAIN, on the HP spool. Strange for sure. The shrink tubing and O rings were still in place, no hole through shrink tube, just no pin ???? WTF ??? I think I may try to hunt the right size roll pin, and a piece of metal tube to go over it. But I did get a 93 mph run. Still hunting 100
0326.jpg

So yesterday i thought to myself... Oh i "quickly" change this servo mount, how naive i was, i thought I'd just be able to leave everything connected, and just pop off the old one and boom put the new one in ? well 3 hours 3 cigarettes later i finally had everything back together and in full working order, i still have the water proof seal to fit back in but i wouldn't sleep if my car was in bits anyways here are some pics from my ordeal

Attachments

• 20190327_214759_HDR.jpg
    20190327_214759_HDR.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1553754585227.jpg
    FB_IMG_1553754585227.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 54
  • received_427326521352657.jpeg
    received_427326521352657.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 56
I've only used it twice and on the second run i lost a shock ball, but from what I've seen there pretty beast!!! And gave alot of power but once i get the noto back up and running I'll let you know, i have noticed that dints have appeared in the sides so i think I'll have to foam up the sides to protect it

@Badtouch The basher I noticed your using the HRB battery..?? How are you finding it performs..?? ??

I hate it when a job looks like 15 minutes and ends up taking hours..????

I have one of these HRBs - 5000mAh/6 cell/50C:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719DNTM4/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was balanced well out of the box. I have less than 10 cycles through it right now, but so far so good. It fits well in the Typhon and Kraton. I'll make a post about it if something changes.

I've got 2 of those batteries, and so far, they are working fine. Even have a few dents from mis-haps, but no ill effects. I would prefer hard case though.
Agreed.

Do you mod your soft packs in any way to protect them? I have been cutting a piece of stanless sheet and duct taping it to the bottom to protect it in case any debris gets in there and punctures a cell. I've heard of some people using double-sided velcro.

Nothing yet, but Gorilla tape would help. The velcro straps on my Typhon 3S and 6S aren't as long as I'd like, and sometimes come loose in a crash. I'll get longer ones eventually.

Back