What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4A4F5278-69F4-47A7-AEB2-9DBBBDC565DE.jpeg

I’m thinking about selling my Typhon to fund an Infraction. How is it on those tires vs stock hoons?
Hoons were like ice skates to me. GRPs hook way better.

Yeah it rained most of the day here in NYC and then temps dropped 19 degrees to down to 20 degrees F. in 3 hours! So I worked on my Notorious. Mostly a clean up and relubed all the hub bearings. The last bash was a wet muddy one. Cleaned and adjusted the pillow balls( I use powdered graphite on the pillow balls), lubed the camber rod ends and steering ball ends with a fast drying wax lube as they tend to bind and squeak every so often but are pretty durable thus far. Washed the Backflips of heavy mud causing severe D. Train vibes. I actually decided to balance these Backflips too. Throttled up on the bench this drivetrain is vibration free. Probably overkill in a non race application.
I’m about to do my first in depth examination on my new Notorious and give it a good cleaning, only seen one thing that needs to be replaced and that’s the rear dog bone, had a pin snap, still goes but might as well change it. Would definitely like to change the diff fluid, not a fan of the ballooning tires. It looks cool every once in a while but when your trying to get some speed on the pavement you can really hear it. Also, I recently got the DX5C transmitter with a new receiver with AVC and I haven’t worked that out yet. I have it off in settings but I noticed after a bit it wants to veer off so I’m not sure what’s up with that. Any advice on that? And what kind of lubricant do you use?

How many runs do you think you have on your Noto right now?

AVC may not be your issue. If it is OFF in the Radio settings. Could be the wheel alignment or even a diff that's going bad. See if Fr or Rr diff spins wheels opposite smoothly on the bench by hand. If it feels grinding,(gears tight) not smooth, diffs need attention.
I use 60/70k Fr, 200k-500k Center, 20-30k Rr diff oil In my Noto.
Hard to find all diff weights of oil right now. A shortage. So I use the range I stated. (70/500/30 CST is my preferred setup)
These work for me and most others running 6s rigs. Less ballooning and tire blowouts. More power to the ground. The Noto has a short wheelbase so it wants to wheelie easily. Throttle finger control is largely part of controlling this.
Dropping the ESC Punch down one level will help your Thr. finger a bit also.
Ballooning tires and wheelies gets boring real fast.
Use any automotive grease for the diff main gears. I use Superlube grease.
I use Synthetic Superlube oil or Syn. Liberty Oil for the Motor bearings and Some of the others BB's. I may just use the grease in some of the Drivetrain BB's. The motor should be neglected during the rebuild. Take it apart and clean and lube it. You can flush out the motor with any Electrical evaporating spray. Autoparts stores sell Lectra-Motive or Lectra Clean for this.

Good luck. :cool:

Last edited:
8 to 10 times, and with the steering it veers off in a weird way. Like a large smooth arc. But that makes sense, I’ll look into that. I also have my punch set at 7 which I want to drop anyways. What kind of lube do you use for your bearings and such?

Serviced both diffs on the Senton.
Got a lot of parts here just waiting on a few more to show up.
will be installing the new motor/pinion and motor mount this weekend!

3A282E64-8F40-41C8-BB69-7440BA61BF9B.jpeg

F6EFF7E6-CBD0-4A4E-901E-17A854CB2968.jpeg

D88E5247-A83B-4637-A010-FB80254D12A4.jpeg

926EB087-1DF4-4B9B-B725-EA46284A0BB5.jpeg

Back