What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to trim the plastic housing above the motor. So instead of cutting wires and soldering back together. Including the sensor why. It's not the prettiest. But it works.. gotta keep tucking wires. OCD thing. Going to run a small fan on top of the motor at the end. Once I get to a stopping point. 100% effort goes back into the kraton.

20210909_193034.jpg

20210909_204226.jpg

It's a "cheaper" less known brand RGT ex86100 v2 but it is absolutely amazing! Got a video I'm uploading now of the first cruise and crawl out of the box stock I'll post.
Sweet! I’ll look for your post. It’s just a very nice looking truck.
Sweet! I’ll look for your post. It’s just a very nice looking truck.
Sure looks like you and your son are loving that new truck! 🙂

Last edited:
Finally got everything where I wanted, tucking wired. Bluetooth adapter and just being very anal about it. Going to shorten the power wires. No point in having two extremely long wires on the battery side and esc. So shorten the esc is the better option 🤔

20210910_191850.jpg

Put some 8mm bullets on the fresh batch of CNHL G+ packs. Also added a layer of clear wrap to keep them looking fresh.

View attachment 168539
Those are so wide...what do you put them in? I ordered those not knowing for Infraction the company was great to refund and exchange them for me...
I played supervisor today. View attachment 168574View attachment 168575View attachment 168576View attachment 168577
He broke it he gets to fix it. Pulled the busted typhon shocks off and gave him the fronts off the noto to put back in their place.

I did help a little but he did most of the work.
Well done...teach a man how to fish then later he can......you know the rest... Good job!

We got 5-6" of snow Friday night and now the temps have dropped out.

I'm jonesing for some wheel time. So much so that I'm doing some nitro maintenance.

Pulled the engine on my Savage X to gear it down a tooth on the bell to find that my engine mount was broke. Got a new one of those installed and ARO'd the engine/seals with the new bell.

Then decided to pull down my 21TM revo to check shock end slop and drop it down a tooth as well, ended up going up 2 teeth on the spur instead. Used dubro monster ball ends for the rear shocks, hoping they hold up better. Also ARO'd the engine/needles as I'm pretty sure I forgot to do that when I ran it this summer. Found the header gasket was torn... had a hard time finding another to fit with the THS high torque pipe/header. Found a random one in my parts box, I think it was an associated one that apparently is discontinued. Ordered 2 more one ebay to have on hand.

Now I have my big block revo on the bench, rear shock ends are trashed and just found that I have integy P1 rockers on the rear and can't find a good set of captured P2 aluminum ones, so ordered a set of not captured HR ones. Also put dubro ends on the shocks. Waiting for the rockers to show up and trying to figure out something better for the header. I have the THS BB revo pipe, but it's header is twisted/bent to fit a standard traxxas BB mount, so I had to make something out of an LST2 header that works, but pretty sure it doesn't flow well... I ARO'd the engine, but can't put it back in until I replace the rockers.

Outcast, stampede 4x4, ejato, savage flux are all ready to bash...

I've read/seen quite a few posts where arrma esc's aren't fans of water, even though they are supposed to be waterproof. I haven't run my outcast in snow yet, at least not enough to get it all under the body. Is it a hit or miss thing? Some are ok, others aren't?
I was bored so I put new shocks in my Tamiya TT02.

3E19187E-AC42-4618-BA28-BFB107BDC08C.jpeg

Those are so wide...what do you put them in? I ordered those not knowing for Infraction the company was great to refund and exchange them for me...

Well done...teach a man how to fish then later he can......you know the rest... Good job!
Mojave EXB

The look on his face, it's like seriously dad you're taking pictures :ROFLMAO:

I'm currently working on this butt.

View attachment 168593
Let's just say that look was on his face even when I wasn't taking pictures. But he did seem genuinely excited once it was back together and he could run it again.

The way I looked at it. Even working on a toy, teaching him some mechanical skills he can use the rest of his life. Or at least that's the plan.

Got the new custom Pinocchio spool from Kenny at RC on a budget installed in the stretched Typhon. Had to shave down the rear chassis brace a bit but rather that then run no brace. Went with a JJ customs 32t spur so hoping next pass is right about the 110mph mark on 4s for a new 4s PB 🙏🏼🤞🏼
20210911_131244.jpg
20210911_190525.jpg
20210911_190541.jpg
20210911_192125.jpg

Today I put some ca glue on one of my tires from my notorious and rustler. I also installed an m2c Ackerman plate, then I took apart all of my diffs changed the oil and replaced the worn, out drives with m2c ones. My servo died again yesterday so I took out my old one and am waiting for my new hobby star to arrive!

ADA31DAB-63CD-4A0C-87E7-624FF8E219C5.jpeg

741DBAFA-C9AD-4C8A-81BA-29346907FE39.jpeg

581DDA14-EF01-4AA1-923B-A7E150DE2A07.jpeg

634BE37F-ADCE-43E4-996A-DD74BBC2C3CC.jpeg

50644060-8F5B-474E-B2AA-781EB470BFB1.jpeg

Back