What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice job! I did the same for my BR. Not saying this is needed for you each is different. I did add shims to each of mine. It had a nice spin and turn after installation but by ear, the input gear felt it could be a little closer to the crown gear for a better mesh. After a few disassemble and reassemble adding shims to the crown side got the feel and gear mesh right for me had more of a gear mesh sound like my 6S metal gears. This could be subjective but all the 6S rigs have metal gears so having a good diff gear mesh is important so carried that over to the 3S.

Last edited:
B189F486-02E5-458A-A497-F571F1EA4C25.jpeg
E1F65DCF-A5FB-4528-A643-F9FECBF97412.jpeg
Well the idea here is to make a decal, which I will then spray paint…EVERYWHERE!!! 😷
Well the idea here is to make a decal, which I will then spray paint…EVERYWHERE!!! 😷
4BFE35A7-3E6D-4E8D-A1F1-588DCCDD9376.jpeg

Nice job! I did the same for my BR. Not saying this is needed for you each is different. I did add shims to each of mine. It had a nice spin and turn after installation but by ear, the input gear felt it could be a little closer to the crown gear for a better mesh. After a few disassemble and reassemble adding shims to the crown side got the feel and gear mesh right for me had more of a gear mesh sound like my 6S metal gears. This could be subjective but all the 6S rigs have metal gears so having a good diff gear mesh is important so carried that over to the 3S.
Appreciate it!

I did hear about adding the shims, I didn’t think I needed them on this install as things seemed nice and tight. And tbh my front diff has a slight bind in it? I seen about 3 vids of ppl claiming the same with fresh diffs/inputs. I’m not sure if it did it with stock yokes? Lol, my rear had a very very slight bind way less noticeable than front. It seems there is one spot/a few teeth on diff crown that are “rough” when Input gets to them?🤷(not rough as in damaged or chipped). going to run it see if it hinders performance at all, only thing I can think is than when I ran paddles on back with stock tires on front(which I assume is what blew my rear input/crown) it may have damaged that front input every so slightly that I can’t see but it’s causing bind.?

Time will tell 😆

Balmy 30Degs in NZ , trying to fit the GPM suspen
We got 5-6" of snow Friday night and now the temps have dropped out.

I'm jonesing for some wheel time. So much so that I'm doing some nitro maintenance.

Pulled the engine on my Savage X to gear it down a tooth on the bell to find that my engine mount was broke. Got a new one of those installed and ARO'd the engine/seals with the new bell.

Then decided to pull down my 21TM revo to check shock end slop and drop it down a tooth as well, ended up going up 2 teeth on the spur instead. Used dubro monster ball ends for the rear shocks, hoping they hold up better. Also ARO'd the engine/needles as I'm pretty sure I forgot to do that when I ran it this summer. Found the header gasket was torn... had a hard time finding another to fit with the THS high torque pipe/header. Found a random one in my parts box, I think it was an associated one that apparently is discontinued. Ordered 2 more one ebay to have on hand.

Now I have my big block revo on the bench, rear shock ends are trashed and just found that I have integy P1 rockers on the rear and can't find a good set of captured P2 aluminum ones, so ordered a set of not captured HR ones. Also put dubro ends on the shocks. Waiting for the rockers to show up and trying to figure out something better for the header. I have the THS BB revo pipe, but it's header is twisted/bent to fit a standard traxxas BB mount, so I had to make something out of an LST2 header that works, but pretty sure it doesn't flow well... I ARO'd the engine, but can't put it back in until I replace the rockers.

Outcast, stampede 4x4, ejato, savage flux are all ready to bash...

I've read/seen quite a few posts where arrma esc's aren't fans of water, even though they are supposed to be waterproof. I haven't run my outcast in snow yet, at least not enough to get it all under the body. Is it a hit or miss thing? Some are ok, others arent
We got 5-6" of snow Friday night and now the temps have dropped out.

I'm jonesing for some wheel time. So much so that I'm doing some nitro maintenance.

Pulled the engine on my Savage X to gear it down a tooth on the bell to find that my engine mount was broke. Got a new one of those installed and ARO'd the engine/seals with the new bell.

Then decided to pull down my 21TM revo to check shock end slop and drop it down a tooth as well, ended up going up 2 teeth on the spur instead. Used dubro monster ball ends for the rear shocks, hoping they hold up better. Also ARO'd the engine/needles as I'm pretty sure I forgot to do that when I ran it this summer. Found the header gasket was torn... had a hard time finding another to fit with the THS high torque pipe/header. Found a random one in my parts box, I think it was an associated one that apparently is discontinued. Ordered 2 more one ebay to have on hand.

Now I have my big block revo on the bench, rear shock ends are trashed and just found that I have integy P1 rockers on the rear and can't find a good set of captured P2 aluminum ones, so ordered a set of not captured HR ones. Also put dubro ends on the shocks. Waiting for the rockers to show up and trying to figure out something better for the header. I have the THS BB revo pipe, but it's header is twisted/bent to fit a standard traxxas BB mount, so I had to make something out of an LST2 header that works, but pretty sure it doesn't flow well... I ARO'd the engine, but can't put it back in until I replace the rockers.

Outcast, stampede 4x4, ejato, savage flux are all ready to bash...

I've read/seen quite a few posts where arrma esc's aren't fans of water, even though they are supposed to be waterproof. I haven't run my outcast in snow yet, at least not enough to get it all under the body. Is it a hit or miss thing? Some are ok, others aren't?
Beautiful Day in New Zealand , trying to fit GPM suspension Arms to Mojave 6s , the threads are different in the ends of the arms compared to the Ball joints Threads , Disaster lol

8D7C716C-3D6C-412E-A173-4ED19E4E8CB2.jpeg
Cool factor 1000!!! 🤩🤙
Thanks brother! The wife just came in looked at me then that, shook her head and closed the door🤣 wonder if I was supposed to take her somewhere today..
UPDATE! She just walked back up and handed me this, so I guess I’m taking her out for a late lunch☹️

View attachment 194759
Thanks brother! The wife just came in looked at me then that, shook her head and closed the door🤣 wonder if I was supposed to take her somewhere today..
UPDATE! She just walked back up and handed me this, so I guess I’m taking her out for a late lunch☹️
So hard to pay attention to your surroundings when playing with toys! :ROFLMAO:
But crackers and a can of Vienna sausage will definitely get your attention pretty quickly!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you don't mind...is that a single kit or did you build? You can PM me if you prefer...?

Back