What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mounted the wing to the body and did a full Gorilla tape job on the inside. JBI tower should arrive tomorrow and I can get it back out. This body will not see construction sites! My blue body is still in pretty good shape, so both will travel when I go out to bash.
View attachment 40701View attachment 40702

I have a black lid too that I haven't put the roll cage on. So nice that you got a deal on that new truck and new pretty lid comes as a bonus. I had to hold myself back from the Amain Hobby sale we had for the v3. And now I kinda regret it. We can never have enough new in the box Arrma animals waiting to break out just at the right time.

Nice job with that Gorilla Tape! That almost looks manufactured.
Heat gun helps to smooth and stretch it out. Pretty sure I picked up the idea on the forum.

Rebuilt a diff. This one was a real PITA. Dry fit everything, it's all good. Fill it, it binds. Take it a part and switch shims. Dry fit ok, fill and it binds again. Repeat the whole process a 3rd time and finally it worked and I ended up with one hell of a mess to clean.

Rebuilt a diff. This one was a real PITA. Dry fit everything, it's all good. Fill it, it binds. Take it a part and switch shims. Dry fit ok, fill and it binds again. Repeat the whole process a 3rd time and finally it worked and I ended up with one hell of a mess to clean.
I think I had a similar issue then I changed the seal it seemed to go away. It would only bind in one spot.

I think I had a similar issue then I changed the seal it seemed to go away. It would only bind in one spot.
Mine wouldn't turn at all. I ended up using 1 stock and 1 mugen shim per shaft and that took care of it. So 0.35 was ok but 0.4 was right out. I just don't get why it would work with no fluid but once filled it's too tight. I am using 500k but I don't think that would make such a difference to where it won't move at all. Just a really tight diff. , probably the cup.

I replaced this with the Voltage Hobbies one on my Typhon.
20190616_124621.jpg
20190617_055549.jpg

Behold! El Bastardo, a servo made of Hitec HS7955TG mechanics and Turnigy 1258TG electrics.
I fried a 7955TG the other day, completely my fault, treated it as a waterproof servo for years. Rust and gunk in there, and a burned chip :confused:

Right now I have that cheapo PDI 20kg in my Kraton, but plan to replace it with... This thing. Had a stripped 1258 (a pretty good servo for lighter 1/10 stuff, discontinued I think) and its motor and board fit fine in the Hitec case. Need to clean it up, solder the pot to the new board and Dremel a bit of plastic off the case lid. Hope that it'll work.

Behold! El Bastardo, a servo made of Hitec HS7955TG mechanics and Turnigy 1258TG electrics.
I fried a 7955TG the other day, completely my fault, treated it as a waterproof servo for years. Rust and gunk in there, and a burned chip :confused:

Right now I have that cheapo PDI 20kg in my Kraton, but plan to replace it with... This thing. Had a stripped 1258 (a pretty good servo for lighter 1/10 stuff, discontinued I think) and its motor and board fit fine in the Hitec case. Need to clean it up, solder the pot to the new board and Dremel a bit of plastic off the case lid. Hope that it'll work.

View attachment 41135
Wow that's some delicate work you're doing, well done!

Finally took the time to get my Voltage shock towers on the Notorious. It's been laid up for too long. Didn't get any photos yet but I plan to spend some time here in the shop tonight. I need to make a plan for the BRCC clear body I'm sitting on. Only have black and orange paints right now though so may have to get a couple more colors. I think I want it brighter or maybe white or yellow.

Finally took the time to get my Voltage shock towers on the Notorious. It's been laid up for too long. Didn't get any photos yet but I plan to spend some time here in the shop tonight. I need to make a plan for the BRCC clear body I'm sitting on. Only have black and orange paints right now though so may have to get a couple more colors. I think I want it brighter or maybe white or yellow.
Do up a "Shorty" (see my latest vid) :ROFLMAO:

Do up a "Shorty" (see my latest vid) :ROFLMAO:
I'll have to put up the footage of mine breaking last month. I didn't think of running it with the bed cut off but I like it. Lots less rattle at least lol. Good thing is, I can have a shorty and a new body and run the shorty when I want to send it. Good plan. I'll do it.

I worked on this last night.

Before.
Lc Racing EMB-1
  • Random eBay 25a 3s esc.
  • Random eBay 4500kv 2435 brushless motor.
  • Other boring stuff.
yVJz3ZZ (1).jpg

uYTprnI.jpg

After.
Lc Racing EMB-MT
  • Hobbywing Quickrun WP10BL60 sensored esc.
  • Leopard Hobby 2838 4700kv sensored motor.
  • Rpm rod ends.
  • Lc Racing brushless turnbuckles.
  • Lc Racing Aluminum shock towers.
  • LC Racing cvds.
  • Lc Racing 15mm hub extenders.
Might just ditch the stock bumpers and run complete T-bone setup, I have a rear T-bone bumper in my spare parts box.
Probably going to order up a set of Proline 2.2 Trenchers for this beast. Stock tires are 85mm tall and ~44mm wide, the Trenchers are 92mm tall and also 44mm wide.
I also need to order a set of rear hubs as I broke one, not sure how as these things seem like they are made of rubber just like the a arms, you can twist the a arms almost 180*. With these hub extenders that might be an issue so the extra hard a arms might be in order.

Zrrd7qe.jpg

JD9hxpP.jpg

Last edited:
My day today:
- Got up at 6am moved trailers around and loaded horses to go to a show.
- Breakfast
- Finished up @bicketybam BRCC body
IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

- Mowed 8-1/2 acres around the house
- Bashed the Talion for one pack
- Dinner
- Girls arrived back from the horse show
- unloaded horses ?
IMG_0493.JPG

- Drank a beer
-Drank another one
-Night check at 11pm
IMG_0504.JPG

Im beat

Wow... way more productive than my day!
Went to bed at 4am due to a migraine.
Woke at 6;30am due to migraine. Medicated, ate something.
7am, passed out on the couch.
12:30pm, woke up with migraine still fully intact. Medicated, tried not vomiting, cold shower.
1:30pm, passed out again.
5pm, woke with mild headache and hungry, ordered taco's
watched tv until 8pm, now back on the computer car shopping.

Was going to work on my indestructible body for my outcast and rewire my savage flux mmx esc fan to be always on and figure out better camera mounts for the outcast, flux and stampede. Guess there's always tomorrow.

Wow... way more productive than my day!
Went to bed at 4am due to a migraine.
Woke at 6;30am due to migraine. Medicated, ate something.
7am, passed out on the couch.
12:30pm, woke up with migraine still fully intact. Medicated, tried not vomiting, cold shower.
1:30pm, passed out again.
5pm, woke with mild headache and hungry, ordered taco's
watched tv until 8pm, now back on the computer car shopping.

Was going to work on my indestructible body for my outcast and rewire my savage flux mmx esc fan to be always on and figure out better camera mounts for the outcast, flux and stampede. Guess there's always tomorrow.
Migraines suck! I get them from time to time and it basically incapacitates you.

Back