What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing special but I build this little trick ramp W/ some PVC Coping!

Attachments

• 1st ramp.jpeg
    1st ramp.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 30
Went to home depot and found me some scrap wood for %70 off, so I started to build a little bigger launch ramp.
Finished up both transitions and screwed the back part of it together. Still, need to cut off where you see the black marks are located, then it should turn out pretty good. I am going to reinforce the ramp w/ 4 2x4's and then a thin layer of plywood across and see how it looks from there.
65860801_2378577278846987_2571840547287203840_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just rebuilding my Granite from the ground up. Already rebuilt the diffs with 30k and Fast Eddy’s rubber sealed bearings. Still missing a slipper hub due to a recent breakage on my Typhon and had to steal it from the Granite. Should be here next week tho.

Update: My Launch ramp is starting to come together very nicely. I got my transitions completed and I am starting on the braces!
After that, I will be using a nice sheet of 1/4'' thick pcs of plywood and maybe cut off another 3 or 4 inches off the top. Then i THINK my Arrma 4X4 Granite should be ready for some AIR time :)
Launch Ramp1.jpeg

Last edited:
Just wondered the reason why you went with 30k when I do believe standard is 10k ..??
S&Gs. Just wanted to see what effect it has and experiment.

After breaking her face...
IMG_20190702_202223772.jpg

I decided to give Black Betty a face lift. The spikes actually had a practical use as nuts for the metal plates used to hold her face up...
IMG_20190707_235952023.jpg

Spikes everywhere! Held up very well. Hopefully it'll be awhile before I have to start over.

IMG_20190707_235905123.jpg

Worked on my stampede 4x4 a bit today and the other night to add a camera mount plate.

Got a Hobbystar 3100kv 3665 motor, had to grind the chassis a bit more for it to fit. Hoping it doesn't run as hot as the HW 3660SL 3200kv.
2019-0708-Stampede-ChassisModFor3665.jpg

2019-0708-Stampede-Hobbystar3665InstalledTop.jpg

2019-0708-Hobbystar3665vsHW3660SL.jpg

I put the gearing back to 13/54 for now. I had dropped it to 12/54 as 13/54 caused the HW motor to overheat on 3S.

You can see the plate I added to mount my gopro session to on the T2T brace. The T2T brace was primarily so I could stack something up to support the center of the body. Looks stupid, but helps keep the bodies from folding/cracking when you land on the roof. Unfortunately, it's a bit too tall and the camera is essentially level with the top of the roof... so may need to rethink it some. I have an aluminum cage around the camera and the HD velcro holding it but will also wrap it with a velcro strap to keep it in place. The velcro is more of a cushion and to keep it from sliding side to side. I'm hoping the kick up in the front keeps it from popping out.
2019-0708-Stampede-Hobbystar3665InstalledSide.jpg

If it works ok, I may do the same to my outcast with the unbreakable probody's body I haven't cut up/installed yet. I have another orange body coming for the stampede. Running a cheapy body on it now. Would like to get the camera location sorted out before I start hacking at those $80 bodies. lol!
After breaking her face...
View attachment 42590

I decided to give Black Betty a face lift. The spikes actually had a practical use as nuts for the metal plates used to hold her face up...
View attachment 42591

Spikes everywhere! Held up very well. Hopefully it'll be awhile before I have to start over.

View attachment 42592
I saw recently on @Rich Duperbash's video that he has something built up on the stock body support of his pre-2019 outcast with foam or felt on top to support the top of the cab. I recently picked up a piece of high density foam (yoga roll thingy) for another purpose and ended up with most of the foam left of a 30" x 8" round piece. Thinking about cutting a hunk of that off to put on that mount like he did. Just not sure it will do much good as there will be 4" of foam, which will give a lot. I can't think of anything I can cut up to eat up 2"-3" or so of the space, then put a 1" layer of the foam on it. I figure 1" of foam will have enough give to allow flex, but still keep the body supported better. Maybe I can stack up some 1" box stock like I did on my stampede for a similar body support... just do it 2" wide vs 1".
2019-0708-Stampede-Hobbystar3665InstalledSide.jpg

Last edited:
Hi olds,
Interesting plate… :)
Talking of plate/brace, I finally added nuts on the patented tower brace...

Hurry to see the result at the track... I expect to damage the screws on big impact...
PL

Porchetech my ass ?
???. I was a dealer tech for 15 years. Prior to that I use to work on Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini back in the UK. This one is part of the private collection.

Sorry not an Arrma but uses Arrma components. Should receive the last of the parts ordered to rebuild my kraton. A little maintenance and a couple upgrades to get my 3908 emaxx back up and jumping. Added the 3.8 badlands to my factory kraton wheels, installed a center diff in the transmission and mounted the t bone front bumper. Rebuilt the front and rear diffs. All new bearings throughout entire vehicle. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Bought it as a roller from eBay for $100 lol. Installed my kraton v3 factory electronics and had it back flipping first night. Not much left on it original or from traxxas but it seems all of my traxxas vehicles end up that way. Anyone else experience that? Haha!

Attachments

• B664CE20-EB69-4CF5-83EA-6F837736C058.jpeg
    B664CE20-EB69-4CF5-83EA-6F837736C058.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 6832AAF2-C13C-4B4D-93CC-BBBB3C669A90.jpeg
    6832AAF2-C13C-4B4D-93CC-BBBB3C669A90.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 73846C8F-EF81-4088-B5E9-D8B281CDB57C.jpeg
    73846C8F-EF81-4088-B5E9-D8B281CDB57C.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 23
Sorry not an Arrma but uses Arrma components. Should receive the last of the parts ordered to rebuild my kraton. A little maintenance and a couple upgrades to get my 3908 emaxx back up and jumping. Added the 3.8 badlands to my factory kraton wheels, installed a center diff in the transmission and mounted the t bone front bumper. Rebuilt the front and rear diffs. All new bearings throughout entire vehicle. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Bought it as a roller from eBay for $100 lol. Installed my kraton v3 factory electronics and had it back flipping first night. Not much left on it original or from traxxas but it seems all of my traxxas vehicles end up that way. Anyone else experience that? Haha!

That's the thing about Traxxas you are better off building one from aftermarket parts.
My Outcast is almost that way. Not much Arrma left.

Not much left on it original or from traxxas but it seems all of my traxxas vehicles end up that way. Anyone else experience that? Haha!

Yep. 2 nitro revos, 1 v1 brushless revo, e-jato and stampede... the most "traxxas" of the 3 is the e-jato as I used a few traxxas upgrade parts on it in combination with other non-traxxas parts.

As soon as I throw an M2C chassis on my outcast... it won't have much arrma left either. My savage-X and Flux HP are the two most OEM trucks I got. Figures, the company that's been bankrupt or shut down 3 times in the past 7 years is the one with the toughest stuff. lol!

Back