What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xmaxx … took out the heavy pig motor and swapped it out for a 1717 combo. 1260kv.. wondering how it’s gonna do. I do like them a lot better when they are lighter …View attachment 258160View attachment 258161also worked on the wife’s rustler 4x4… put some shocks on it ..View attachment 258162you can see from the wet spot under it … it blew a shock cap on the stock shocks last time out and needed to be fixed… so I found the big bore / gtr .. whatever they are … in a box and threw em on..
I can tell you really like the X, you've had it long enough for the screws to rust!! LOL The ultra shocks are pretty bad..TRX needs to adress them IMO. I put a set of Tenacity DB Pro shocks on my Hoss, direct fit, waay better than the ultras I feel. Kit breaker on ebay, like $25-30 for all 4.

@Rcproponent ... Better than an O8s ?? :unsure: Fun factor vs O8s..
I need to know these details..!!!
Black Friday sale = cheaper X-Maxx over here in UK ;)(y)
I like both… the Xmaxx takes the abuse and keeps on ticking. The Arrma’s break. And break.. and break. Don’t get me wrong, still love arrma. But I like to just charge my packs and throw them in and go. Arrma makes it hard to do this… Xmaxx is easy. I really do love my Xmaxx I’d recommend one.

Most people who are used to working on Arrma’s might have a hard time going to traxxas. But ones you get used to it I think the T units are easier to work on than the Arrma’s!

I have no experience with the Arrma 8s line, but I do have an Xmaxx. It has been solid for me, my brother has one as well. We're pretty much stock, with the exception of tires. I just put a max6 in mine. Pretty significant gain from the vxl8s IMO. Very durable trucks though.

To start off with.. organize the to go box since everything was everywhere 😅 adding some stickers! Then started on replacing the 29t spool gear which “Arrma” brand. Back to a 34t “saga” ended up being more time consuming than necessary.. I made the ramjam spool work with the saga gear, but damn! I need to order different spacers/shims but from there. Stripping off the hacked trays/skirt attachment along with the battery holders for test fitting EMP skirts and where to place the batteries for the best weight ratio.

E7BE3196-1766-46DF-9A96-1F2DFF0501D0.jpeg

2C219353-4BE8-4E73-8517-E3775040E6E7.jpeg

BC2E5C10-9704-49BE-AE1B-15115374075A.jpeg

A43E2718-49F7-4E69-BF45-58FC59214B60.jpeg

32307578-CE76-4395-88CF-9C1C00034275.jpeg

4C1E86FD-0E2E-48E1-971E-C0BBF30D5882.jpeg

18FCA8BC-E5DB-46C0-9441-4A72A610D9D0.jpeg

Worked on relocating the sway bar as the stock location wouldn't allow for double shocks. Took some modifying and used aftermarket SMT10 shock mounts to do the relocation. Also will make a good location to mount some lights.
Tires didn't want to mount on the wheels I wanted so got them mounted on another set of bead locks.
She is a big girl! Will find something to take a picture next to for a visual of how big she is.

20221125_205212.jpg

20221125_203131.jpg

Go Mango, go Mango! I hate it when certain tire wheel combos don't work.
Right?!
I got all bummed when it wouldn't mount.
Now I got the cheapo ones on but better than gluing I guess. At least I can swap later. :)

Worked on the Kraton 6S EXB

Really found my style of bash since getting into the hobby 2020. Kraton has a beast setup with 1650kv and Max6... I want less beast so keeping the same setup (for now vs. 2050kv motor, etc.) but going to try my hand at 4S to see if I can live there. I lightened it up a bit and added a bigger pinion, so once the TL is cured need to give it a try.

The front.. vitavon bulkhead is still giving me headaches.. after “carefully” making adjustment it finally doesn’t bind or for better wording.. feel less resistance.

E6596BCF-8873-406F-BA21-DB6A7204AF9B.jpeg

66B591E4-0B80-46B6-8834-FD2F4AD2FB50.jpeg

764D90A8-FCE3-4B53-B6DF-1096C61142DE.jpeg

03808E63-7AD0-4137-977C-6631A0DD671E.jpeg

I’m curious how many M3 nuts have been lost in that fur.
Good question… I’m sure more than enough. But unfortunately until one goes through our foot. I can’t seem to get rid of it

Edit. I’ve hated this rug since day one. Now I’m on a mission to destroy it.

Last edited:
Remounted the Max6 back Kraton, this time I used Scotch extremely strong 30lb wall mounting tape. I've been using it my other's that thing's only coming loose with a screwdriver now! Also replaced a rear driveshaft in the MT410.

I cracked open the case of the broken light bar on the Derecho & found one of the 2 "wires" (was actually 3 wires that had the diameter of a human hair!🤨) had come loose from the board lookin thingy inside. Tried stripping just the end but the whole 1" of insulation came off. Twisted em together & was able to solder it back on, plugged it in & success!! Ended up adding another little light to the front shock tower cuz why not? 🤷‍♂️🙂The mounting brackets fit right onto the top 2 screws that mounts the tower, although that little light just gets drowned out by that bright a$$ light bar😄
Then I started the process of stripping down the typhotank for a full teardown & rebuild. I managed to get 2 of those aluminum proline hex adapters off w/ no problems but the other 2 were REALLY stuck on there. Tried standing on the wheels & lifting, tried tapping them out w/ a mallet, just wouldn't budge. Threw the whole car in the freezer for 30 minutes then still had use a hammer w/ the wheels on top of 2 wooden blocks to get the damn things off!!😬😡 I think I'm gonna un-truggify the typhotank & put it on a little diet. Since I have a Kraton6s now I can put the hot racing aluminum hubs on that & have a normal sized typhon again!😅😉🤘

20221130_220524.jpg

20221130_220557.jpg

20221130_232953.jpg

I cracked open the case of the broken light bar on the Derecho & found one of the 2 "wires" (was actually 3 wires that had the diameter of a human hair!🤨) had come loose from the board lookin thingy inside. Tried stripping just the end but the whole 1" of insulation came off. Twisted em together & was able to solder it back on, plugged it in & success!! Ended up adding another little light to the front shock tower cuz why not? 🤷‍♂️🙂The mounting brackets fit right onto the top 2 screws that mounts the tower, although that little light just gets drowned out by that bright a$$ light bar😄
Then I started the process of stripping down the typhotank for a full teardown & rebuild. I managed to get 2 of those aluminum proline hex adapters off w/ no problems but the other 2 were REALLY stuck on there. Tried standing on the wheels & lifting, tried tapping them out w/ a mallet, just wouldn't budge. Threw the whole car in the freezer for 30 minutes then still had use a hammer w/ the wheels on top of 2 wooden blocks to get the damn things off!!😬😡 I think I'm gonna un-truggify the typhotank & put it on a little diet. Since I have a Kraton6s now I can put the hot racing aluminum hubs on that & have a normal sized typhon again!😅😉🤘

View attachment 259586

View attachment 259587

View attachment 259588
A normal size Typhon is no fun!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A normal size Typhon is no fun!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I really had a lot of fun zipping around w/ the Budweiser Buggy last weekend, I'd kinda forgotten what it was like to drive a stock-ish typhon!😆 Even w/ those hex extenders & giant tires the thing just handles so differently, seems like the turning radius is about 2'. The typhotank was my 1st 6s & right now it's my only typhon actually on a typhon chassis!!😂

Back