What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bend them long before the pins go ?
I've been able to straighten all but 1 using the 3-bolt method and a vice. It takes some patience but it's pretty easy once you get a feel for where to apply pressure and position the bolts
IMG_0937.jpg

Hey @Mr.Duke, I love the ideas you come up with for fixing instead of replacing. But I have a question. We know you have a farm and stables, but I've seen videos of you in and around a machine shop. Are you doing both? Some of your creations would definitely say you have access to one, so I was just wondering. Please keep sharing the knowledge. It makes us all a little smarter.
My wife operates the farm we live on (horses/cows/hay) and I have a normal day job at a fairly large manufacturing plant, where we can make pretty much anything someone can think up. Been there 15 years and tried to leave several times, but the owner keeps convincing me to $tay. I'll probably keep doing this for the next few years and semi-retire and just do fishing...I mean "farming" when the kid heads off to college.

Yeah considering it retails for about $2499.99 for a queen.

-edit- I was thinking of the Gold Chill not the Silver, the Gold is much more comfortable to me lol.

My girlfriend works for Ethan Allen corporate so I get kick ass furniture for a massive discount, including my king bed. They sub out the mattresses on a year to year basis but all I know is the one I got is like sleeping on clouds. So comfortable. It's a $4000 mattress I got for $1800.

My girlfriend works for Ethan Allen corporate so I get kick ass furniture for a massive discount, including my king bed. They sub out the mattresses on a year to year basis but all I know is the one I got is like sleeping on clouds. So comfortable. It's a $4000 mattress I got for $1800.
Oh I have seen how much my boss pays for beds, the markup on them is astounding, the most expensive King mattress that we sell costs him right around $1,000 and iirc it sells for right around $5,000. I don't really pay attention to the prices too much unless it is something I am wanting to buy.
Sounds like a Tempur-Pedic Cloud Elite or Lux I can't remember, but yeah those are like sleeping on a cloud.

I put the front end back together since I had all the spare parts on hand (Thanks Jennys Rc!). Now all I need is a good vice so I can give the @Mr.Duke drive shaft alignment system a try. No more tossing them out. Gotta straighten them and use again. My next rc is going to run on Double AA batteries, so the damage I cause can be fixed by buying a new rc. Does anyone know if there is a Walmart toy rc forum?

I've been able to straighten all but 1 using the 3-bolt method and a vice. It takes some patience but it's pretty easy once you get a feel for where to apply pressure and position the bolts
View attachment 46240

@Mr.Duke That's genius, why have I never thought of that before and I even have a giant vice...?

??????????

I put the front end back together since I had all the spare parts on hand (Thanks Jennys Rc!). Now all I need is a good vice so I can give the @Mr.Duke drive shaft alignment system a try. No more tossing them out. Gotta straighten them and use again. My next rc is going to run on Double AA batteries, so the damage I cause can be fixed by buying a new rc. Does anyone know if there is a Walmart toy rc forum?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/toy-grade-rc-products-498/

Bought a 3D printer and built it today. Test print is going still, as you can see in this pic. I've got a bunch of items I have planned to fab up. If they work OK I will share my results. If anyone has a need for something specific, let me know and I may decide to fab it.

Bought a 3D printer and built it today. Test print is going still, as you can see in this pic. I've got a bunch of items I have planned to fab up. If they work OK I will share my results. If anyone has a need for something specific, let me know and I may decide to fab it.

View attachment 46372
I need a custom esc mount for my Stampede 4x4. Basically it just needs to be a 4-5mm thick plate that is 40mm long and 50mm wide with some notches in each side for zip ties. PM me.

View attachment 46372

@jondilly1974... So cool, I really want one of those but just don't have the space..?

Are you printing a tiny toilet because that's what it looks like..????

@jondilly1974... So cool, I really want one of those but just don't have the space..?

Are you printing a tiny toilet because that's what it looks like..????
No it’s the test pig model to make sure it works and is all dialed in.

Got a Senton roller/chassis with some other parts needed from Jennys RC plus parts I had on hand and worked on bulding up a Senton (then ran it today). (Did start last night though so technically worked on last night and today). The 4X4 line is pretty easy to work on.

YbcJSW8.jpg

pWoGjUY.jpg

Went shopping, I'll post the haul later. Installed new rear blocks and aluminum hubs, a rear body mount, new RPM wing mount, a new servo and cleaned and lubricated all the wheel and steering bearings. I have one more package of new parts, just didn't want to install them yet.

Since I already have to Hot Racing aluminum dif cups for use in the center, I decided to use the new Arrma one as a rear. I've been going through rear dif gears like crazy lately, so I'm hoping the metal cup helps alleviate some of the issues. Shimmed with two on one side and one on the other for both of the satellite sets and seems buttery smooth. Took a bit to figure out i don't need those end spacers that help seat the satellites in the plastic cup. Laughter from the forum ensues. Used a mixture of about 3 parts 30k with 1 part 60k for the fluid.
20190827_205046.jpg

Back