What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is it. My last two new tires are on, and I red thread locked the nuts to the hub. That leaves one spare. The fan was no biggie, just the red lead came apart from the fan motor, so a quick solder and back up and running. Fixed the rear dif earlier today, but never got a real chance to test it with all the other crap that broke in the evening run. My spare parts cache is getting low, and I'm not sure I want to keep going with the Noto. Could easily grab a Kraton, and an M2C chassis and be done with the short wheel base for good. I already have the Kraton aluminum rear chassis brace (long story) and I could just swap out the JBI towers, HR servo mount, Savox servo, RPM bumper, TTX300 radio and my aluminum dif cups. Not hating on the Noto, but it's seems to have my number lately, and that number starts with a $ sign. The next time out will tell the tale. Maybe it's all done fighting me and ready to spread it's wings, or maybe it's got it's horns pointed straight at me and teasing to "go ahead and make it's day". You'll all be the first to know.

Kraton J? Nah, just doesn't ring :LOL:.

Seriously tho, a change up every now and then isn't a bad thing. It's just too bad you couldn't keep the Noto too.

So this is it. My last two new tires are on, and I red thread locked the nuts to the hub. That leaves one spare. The fan was no biggie, just the red lead came apart from the fan motor, so a quick solder and back up and running. Fixed the rear dif earlier today, but never got a real chance to test it with all the other crap that broke in the evening run. My spare parts cache is getting low, and I'm not sure I want to keep going with the Noto. Could easily grab a Kraton, and an M2C chassis and be done with the short wheel base for good. I already have the Kraton aluminum rear chassis brace (long story) and I could just swap out the JBI towers, HR servo mount, Savox servo, RPM bumper, TTX300 radio and my aluminum dif cups. Not hating on the Noto, but it's seems to have my number lately, and that number starts with a $ sign. The next time out will tell the tale. Maybe it's all done fighting me and ready to spread it's wings, or maybe it's got it's horns pointed straight at me and teasing to "go ahead and make it's day". You'll all be the first to know.
That’s sucks to hear Johnny. It could just be a streak of bad luck where everything will eventually go back to red roses with barely any breakages. But if you are seriously considering a Kraton I do have a blue V4 that I’m gonna strip down and put back to stock that I will be selling if interested? It does already have an M2c chassis intact but I was gonna keep it as a spare for my other Kraton.

I was building an Arrma Alum. diff, when I stripped a screw backing it out after dry fitting and the Dremel isn't here right now so that's done 'til after dinner. The chassis got here today so I also installed the M2C motor mount and was just about to rip the Noto apart to put it all on the new chassis but decided I'd rather be out bashing today so I'm gonna go do that instead. Later.✌

Adjusted my shocks on the infraction and swapped the wheels getting ready to bash it soon, upgraded my slash wheels after ripping the treads

New shocks and Trenchers on the Granite 4x4, tightened up the Talion (needs bearings still but runnin like a scalded dog,) new RX and TX dialed in on the Kraton. Considered some paint schemes for BRCC and sanded some more on the clear body for it.
All more fun than watching The Saints game.....

I did nothing expect play destiny all day ?‍♂️

I put an hour into Monster Hunter World and the only reason I haven't wrenched more lately is for this same game. I'm thankful for my trucks that the MHW Icebourne expansion doesn't release for PC until next year.

I put an hour into Monster Hunter World and the only reason I haven't wrenched more lately is for this same game. I'm thankful for my trucks that the MHW Icebourne expansion doesn't release for PC until next year.
I just downloaded it for PS4. I’ve barely played any of it! ?‍♂️

It just finished doing the update. Wow that was huge!!

I just downloaded it for PS4. I’ve barely played any of it! ?‍♂️

It just finished doing the update. Wow that was huge!!

It's my favorite game ever but I like the in depth RPG gear and weapon management. Takes some studying to figure out the best gear for each situation and I dig the maths. lol

It's my favorite game ever but I like the in depth RPG gear and weapon management. Takes some studying to figure out the best gear for each situation and I dig the maths. lol
Skyrim and FF7 for me when it comes to rpg

New shocks and Trenchers on the Granite 4x4, tightened up the Talion (needs bearings still but runnin like a scalded dog,) new RX and TX dialed in on the Kraton. Considered some paint schemes for BRCC and sanded some more on the clear body for it.
All more fun than watching The Saints game.....
My son is a Rams fan. Sucks for Brees. Bridgewater ain’t gonna get you far.

An overdue cleaning...

IMG_20190916_215850958.jpg

I've been able to straighten all but 1 using the 3-bolt method and a vice. It takes some patience but it's pretty easy once you get a feel for where to apply pressure and position the bolts
View attachment 46240

My wife operates the farm we live on (horses/cows/hay) and I have a normal day job at a fairly large manufacturing plant, where we can make pretty much anything someone can think up. Been there 15 years and tried to leave several times, but the owner keeps convincing me to $tay. I'll probably keep doing this for the next few years and semi-retire and just do fishing...I mean "farming" when the kid heads off to college.
I finally got around to buying a small vice and straightened 4 of my bent dogbones and drive shafts. This idea works like a charm. Thanks @Mr.Duke!

I finally got around to buying a small vice and straightened 4 of my bent dogbones and drive shafts. This idea works like a charm. Thanks @Mr.Duke!
I keep telling myself I need a bench vise.

Replacing my TRX connectors on all my dual pack trucks. Got my packs done, now I have to do the 3 trucks.
2019-0918-XT90SolderingPacks.jpg

I only put the spark suppressing plug on one of each pair of packs. I didn't notice a lot of arc'ing when plugging into the chargers, so figured this will work well enough for when I plug them into the trucks as long as I plug the suppressing plug in last. Ever since I added cap packs to my flux and erbev2 (will likely make one for the outcast), the arc'ing has been ridiculous.

Replacing my TRX connectors on all my dual pack trucks. Got my packs done, now I have to do the 3 trucks.
2019-0918-XT90SolderingPacks.jpg

I only put the spark suppressing plug on one of each pair of packs. I didn't notice a lot of arc'ing when plugging into the chargers, so figured this will work well enough for when I plug them into the trucks as long as I plug the suppressing plug in last. Ever since I added cap packs to my flux and erbev2 (will likely make one for the outcast), the arc'ing has been ridiculous.
Excellent work with the improvised solder stand!! (y):LOL:

I like to think I'm quite good at soldering, but I hate doing batteries..!!

I get so paranoid I'm going to touch the iron across the terminals...?

Once before I touched the wires together on a 2s pack I ?? myself with the noise it made and the amount of sparks..!! and it was at low voltage too..?

Back