What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her comment was that it'd be like hard mode on forza being incar cam lol.
When i first started flying fpv freestyle drones, i was terrible flying them LOS aka Line Of Sight, when flying fpv it's another world and your literally inside the thing..so after awhile and especially once you get used to a certain area and environment you'll be amazed by how well you will drive there..after awhile with fpv you start to develop eyes in the back of your head, it's hard to explain but despite not physically being in the car..your mind is...it's like an invisible tether...it's strange but it happens...if you get into it just wait for it.:cool:

When i used to fly you would literally sense the trees around you, even the one's you couldn't see..yeah it's a trippy thing.:alien:

When i first started flying fpv freestyle drones, i was terrible flying them LOS aka Line Of Sight, when flying fpv it's another world and your literally inside the thing..so after awhile and especially once you get used to a certain area and environment you'll be amazed by how well you will drive there..after awhile with fpv you start to develop eyes in the back of your head, it's hard to explain but despite not physically being in the car..your mind is...it's like an invisible tether...it's strange but it happens...if you get into it just wait for it.:cool:

When i used to fly you would literally sense the trees around you, even the one's you couldn't see..yeah it's a trippy thing.:alien:

I myself know all about what your talking about. They may be older now but I have two lumenier 210 charpu editions I built along with my arrmatton rooster and emax baby hawk. I've flown a lot and totally get it lol.
I'm actually wanting to get 1 off the wall and go for a rip, its been a while.

When I started id try los and it was hard. They are to fast and too hard to see for long that way when your new. So I set it to acro and put the goggles on and never looked back. Plenty of crashing but once you get the muscle memories and your spacial awareness it gets a lot better.

I swapped out the pinion gear on my new traxxas 4tec "hot rod" for the "speed gear".... just curious. Box says 30 and well... they lied. 5800mah 80c 2s battery got me this- (this is pathetic lmao). Wife bought me these for me for my birthday last week cause they were a good deal. The truck im keeping as a shelf ordiment.
I'm gonna swap the 12t for a 13x2 speed gems and a novak gtx and run the same battery and gearing for giggles and see what it does with old school power.

20230521_000530.jpg

20230512_230933.jpg

I myself know all about what your talking about. They may be older now but I have two lumenier 210 charpu editions I built along with my arrmatton rooster and emax baby hawk. I've flown a lot and totally get it lol.
I'm actually wanting to get 1 off the wall and go for a rip, its been a while.

When I started id try los and it was hard. They are to fast and too hard to see for long that way when your new. So I set it to acro and put the goggles on and never looked back. Plenty of crashing but once you get the muscle memories and your spacial awareness it gets a lot better.
Oh wow ok, as soon as i saw Charpu i thought hang on fellow fpv pilot here.:cool:

Yeah LOS is tricky..but damn some guys fly LOS better than they do fpv..it's weird but I've had a couple of guys who only fly LOS say to me how do you fly fpv? :LOL:

Oh wow ok, as soon as i saw Charpu i thought hang on fellow fpv pilot here.:cool:

Yeah LOS is tricky..but damn some guys fly LOS better than they do fpv..it's weird but I've had a couple of guys who only fly LOS say to me how do you fly fpv? :LOL:

Yep, charpu was the man. Him Skitzo and steel got me into fpv. I still have the skitzo fc in 1 of my 210's lol. I don't know how they do los man. Rc addict if you've seen him zips around on a 6s + quad like its nothing and I can't even see the thing.
Fpv freestyle is an amazing hobby. Beautiful really how we can fly and do what we do with them. Man I need to fly. Lol

I did a little work to my backyard bashing track today. It's slowly but surely getting larger, cleaner and more fun. The main jump has been worked down by about 25% or more, but all the dirt from it is coming in handy to make banks, small jumps and overall give a better surface. 😎
20230521_201309.jpg
20230521_201225.jpg

I just hope those dead trees in the center don't fall anytime soon. But if they do, it will just open things up a little more once I get them out of the way.

Last edited:
I did a little work to my backyard bashing track today. It's slowly but surely getting larger, cleaner and more fun. The main jump has been worked down by about 25% or more, but all the dirt from it is coming in handy to make banks, small jumps and overall give a better surface. 😎View attachment 301237View attachment 301238
Love it! You're right about the dirt...comes in handy. I did the same thing, even with some of the grass.....using it for berms, and ramp base. (y)

You could have an oval track around that tree! 😆

Great space. You should start a seperate thread on this. Would love to see the progress. (y) 😁 ✌️

Love it! You're right about the dirt...comes in handy. I did the same thing, even with some of the grass.....using it for berms, and ramp base. (y)

You could have an oval track around that tree! 😆

Great space. You should start a seperate thread on this. Would love to see the progress. (y) 😁 ✌️
It's pretty much an oval as it is, when I'm running the 3s rigs or the Notorious and Outcast I can do a bit of a switchback between the upright dead trees and the fallen tree but the talion and Fireteam don't like those sharp turns.

This was mostly small saplings and vines just a few weeks ago. The only things I've really used on it is a rake, shovel and all my rigs.

I did a little work to my backyard bashing track today. It's slowly but surely getting larger, cleaner and more fun. The main jump has been worked down by about 25% or more, but all the dirt from it is coming in handy to make banks, small jumps and overall give a better surface. 😎View attachment 301237View attachment 301238
I just hope those dead trees in the center don't fall anytime soon. But if they do, it will just open things up a little more once I get them out of the way.
Need to wrap those trees in bubble wrap! :ROFLMAO: Good looking playground you've got there. 👍

Got a lot done today on the bench. Replaced all 4 front a arms & hammered the lower front hingepins straight-ish on the Derecho. Checked the rear diff in the Black Sheep & didn't find anything broken so I topped it off. Replaced all 4 wheel hexes- they were all getting stripped @ the ends. Found 1 of my badlands had a broken hub adapter so I swapped them out for some 6s backflips. Also took the red spacer things off the front lower a arms, then needed to readjust the front camber & toe.
Finally, on to The Beast. Opened up the rear diff & found that my brief 8s experiment had completely stripped the input gear so i replaced that. Not willing to give up on this thing yet, so I took off the 17mm hex extenders, put on normal kraton hexes & threw on some Sweeps Road Crushers. Took it out for a quick shake down in front of my apartment (on 6s!!😆) & I think I might like it again. Turning radius is way better & the thing just rips!! I'll definitely give it another shot, since I put SO MUCH time & work into it. I also don't have the funds to make something else that I was thinking about (Kraton XL) All my rigs are once again ready for action!!!😃👍👍🤘🤘🤘

20230521_144609.jpg

20230521_144909.jpg

20230521_164441.jpg

20230521_224525.jpg

20230521_201301.jpg

20230521_201349.jpg

20230521_212806.jpg

20230521_212840.jpg

I took a few minutes today to mount my homemade high flow fans onto the Felony.
20230522_134438.jpg

Soldering iron, heat shrink, fans, 3d printed pieces, carbon fiber covers, and hardware. Still cheaper than a pre-made set, and I have more fans available to make up. 😎

Back