What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had almost finished the front brace and .... SNAP .... broke the M4 bottom thread tap on the last turn at the bottom of the blind hole. Game over for the tap and the brace. In the bin, start again. My fault I was rushing as I had to take my son to sport.

Something a little childish but fun never the less! We only get 4 days a year to buy and blow these things up so when a mate showed up with some..... well why not
May or may not be a video coming soon ??

Attachments

• A735EC53-8131-4820-ABF1-22A511F2A50A.png
    A735EC53-8131-4820-ABF1-22A511F2A50A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 7EEBC32B-24FF-4C83-8AA4-E850C56661B3.png
    7EEBC32B-24FF-4C83-8AA4-E850C56661B3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Turns out that I have a lot of good bearings in hand from my Slash that fit right into the Typhon. Did the slipper and the rear dif today. Front next time. Full set of Fast Eddys on order so I can do the hubs as well. Easy little buggy to work around, that's for sure.
20191106_212607.jpg
20191106_212623.jpg
20191106_221406.jpg

I really like how modular it is, it is so much easier to work on compared to my Outcast.
It's like six or eight screws hold the whole thing together! Had a bit of trouble getting the power module out. It was jammed in pretty good. Nothing a wrap from a small hammer couldn't sort out?

It's like six or eight screws hold the whole thing together! Had a bit of trouble getting the power module out. It was jammed in pretty good. Nothing a wrap from a small hammer couldn't sort out?
That’s why it looks all boogered up ?

Use two flat head screwdrivers and pry it out next time.

That’s why it looks all boogered up ?

Use two flat head screwdrivers and pry it out next time.
I did that first, but used a small hammer and a wooden dowel to free it up. Definitely not as easy as pulling the tab line they show on the website

I did that first, but used a small hammer and a wooden dowel to free it up. Definitely not as easy as pulling the tab line they show on the website
Yeah I pull the tab and use a single screwdriver to get it past that release, then grab a second one to pry from both sides to get it all the way out. It’s pretty easy as long as you clean the slides every time. Don’t use any grease on them or they will collect dirt. Maybe some dry lube like a graphite or something would help.

Yeah I pull the tab and use a single screwdriver to get it past that release, then grab a second one to pry from both sides to get it all the way out. It’s pretty easy as long as you clean the slides every time. Don’t use any grease on them or they will collect dirt. Maybe some dry lube like a graphite or something would help.
After my last slipper clutch rebuild, I put everything back together while the thread lock was still wet. The next time I tried to pull the power module my slipper was glued to the rear input gear. What a PITA to get that one apart! I put some grease on the input gear shaft, hoping it'll help in the future. I think that this is more of a binding point than the slides.

I'm working on the body for my 1/10th carpet racer. Got it scrubbed, and I'm masking the inside so I can paint it this weekend when it'll be in the high 60's.

I haven't painted a polycarbonate body since about 1989, so it's taking me longer than I expected.

Uh oh. Wish I had read this before I put dabs of grease on those tabs.

Uh oh. Wish I had read this before I put dabs of grease on those tabs.
I made the same rookie mistake a while back. Fine dust turns to glue in that grease. I only battle with small rocks now. They are a female dog to get out of that honeycomb stuff.

I made the same rookie mistake a while back. Fine dust turns to glue in that grease. I only battle with small rocks now. They are a female dog to get out of that honeycomb stuff.
At least I know I can pop it out right away before it goes bad.

Dug out the backside of my primary bash spot and increased the height of my jump/berm to 7'.
Cleared an additional 25' of landing space but still need to put the box blade on the back and smooth everything out tomorrow before seeing how it jumps.
IMG_2267.PNG

IMG_2257.JPG
IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

Put new rear hub bearings in the Xmaxx ( very easy !!!! ) , put the new rear RPM arms and wing mount on the Talion , pulled the center diff out of the Typhon and put in 300k for Sundays outing . Lets see what I can break now !!!! LOL

Back