What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebuilt my 2019 Kraton from parts of my old OC and leftover JennysRC parts. And a few upgrade parts. And some mods of course that you may notice.View attachment 53664View attachment 53665View attachment 53666
I am so hooked on these Duratrax EX-Cons. Truggy Wheels/tires. They drive the best for me. Way better than the PL equivelents. workmanship and all. Grip is incredible. Dirt and grass only of course, unless you want them bald for asphalt use .LOL They truly bash well for me. Sealed the wheel vents and vented the tires. These premounts don't balloon too bad at all.
Used a spare front steering top plate for the rear of the chassis to tighten up rear chassis twist. Worked well for me. used two 25mm fans mounted to the motor at the hottest areas. not crazy about the white PL Brute Armor body. But I made it work. I don't recommend it. Body posts WILL break as they all say. Its so obvious. PL stuff is not all that.

I have the same problem with my Outcast with the Unbreakable body on it, I snap body posts quite a bit, but I'm still beating the snot out of the same body over a year later.

I tidied up my wiring on the 4Pede since I was replacing the servo.

Before

20190209_211544.jpg

After

20191114_231008.jpg

Today I worked on self control. Walked into a hobby store filled with Arrma trucks and parts. Walked passed all the Hot Racing and RPM displays too. Didn't buy a thing. Now if someone could just disconnect my internet connection, I'll be back above water in no time.

Today I worked on self control. Walked into a hobby store filled with Arrma trucks and parts. Walked passed all the Hot Racing and RPM displays too. Didn't buy a thing. Now if someone could just disconnect my internet connection, I'll be back above water in no time.

It's probably a good thing I don't have a LHS. My self control may not be as strong as yours. But eBay pulls me in. Its too easy to add to cart and pay.

It's probably a good thing I don't have a LHS. My self control may not be as strong as yours. But eBay pulls me in. Its too easy to add to cart and pay.
Yep... I have that issue on both ebay and now amazon... they make it way to easy to just clickity click click or tappy tap tap... tada! There went $100!

I decided to do a spare parts build and make my Granite come to life. I realized I was two input gears and a motor away from building one, so I decided to donate to JRC one more time. Parts should arrive by Monday. I was tempted to steal the needed parts out of the Typhon, but I don’t want to take it apart after just finishing rebuilding it. Granite can wait.

50C8FCFF-4A3E-4D97-80A4-53EBD95ACD2C.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep... I have that issue on both ebay and now amazon... they make it way to easy to just clickity click click or tappy tap tap... tada! There went $100!
I remember a year ago when I first joined. You had such amazing self control. Always needed a reason to buy something, and made deals with your wife to get stuff. Now you're spinning out of control like the rest of us. Welcome to the family @olds97_lss!

I remember a year ago when I first joined. You had such amazing self control. Always needed a reason to buy something, and made deals with your wife to get stuff. Now you're spinning out of control like the rest of us. Welcome to the family @olds97_lss!
Never really made deals with her per say... was more of a "how much do I need this?" kind of thing. I've come to realize that when I have only 2-3 hours of bash time over the course of a month, I want stuff that works and works well.

A year ago, I had 5 people working with/for/under me. After severe scaling back and the company restablizing, I have 0 that are local now, so I've been doing waaaaaaaaaaay more than I want to and lost a lot of my free time for wrenching and running. So now, when something gives me issues and cuts into my 2-3 hours of bash time I can scrounge together or sacrifice sleep for... I replace it with something better that is less likely to fail. After a 60-70 hour work week... it's hard getting out of bed at 7am to charge packs. lol! Even worse when your fighting with a truck or something that keeps failing on you inexplicably.

Finished making and installing a cap pack on my outcast... not sure why I bothered. Was a pain getting the joints soldered to the esc input wires and the wires run so they aren't too tight and in danger of rubbing on the center shaft. 99% sure my wife ordered me a max6 for Christmas, and unless it warms up a lot out, this rig is staying on the shelf anyway.

If she did get me the max6, it's going in the outcast and I may move the blx185 to my ERBEv2 in place of the hpi F360C (MMv1)... or it will just go in a drawer as a spare. I think I got the MMv1 working better now and with the 10A bec, I have enough power for the fans. Guess it depends if the MMv1 conformal coating job I did makes it through winter as the ERBEv2 is one I run in the snow.

Soldered up, will wrap with a layer of electric tape, the put it in a balloon and put a couple wraps on the outside to protect the balloon from wear holes:
2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-NoWrap.jpg

Took the top plate out and made a plate to bolt to it where the mud guards screw in. I haven't run those since like the 3rd week I had the outcast as they annoyed me to work around:
2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-plate.jpg

Checking alignment and figuring out where to put the wires from the esc:
2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-OnPlateNoWrapSideClose.jpg

2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-OnPlateNoWrapTop.jpg

After wrapping/ballooning/wrapping:
2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-Wrapped.jpg

Done:
2019-1116-Outcast-CapPackTop.jpg

2019-1116-Outcast-CapPackSideClose.jpg

Finished making and installing a cap pack on my outcast... not sure why I bothered. Was a pain getting the joints soldered to the esc input wires and the wires run so they aren't too tight and in danger of rubbing on the center shaft. 99% sure my wife ordered me a max6 for Christmas, and unless it warms up a lot out, this rig is staying on the shelf anyway.

If she did get me the max6, it's going in the outcast and I may move the blx185 to my ERBEv2 in place of the hpi F360C (MMv1)... or it will just go in a drawer as a spare. I think I got the MMv1 working better now and with the 10A bec, I have enough power for the fans. Guess it depends if the MMv1 conformal coating job I did makes it through winter as the ERBEv2 is one I run in the snow.

Soldered up, will wrap with a layer of electric tape, the put it in a balloon and put a couple wraps on the outside to protect the balloon from wear holes:
2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-NoWrap.jpg

Took the top plate out and made a plate to bolt to it where the mud guards screw in. I haven't run those since like the 3rd week I had the outcast as they annoyed me to work around:
2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-plate.jpg

Checking alignment and figuring out where to put the wires from the esc:
2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-OnPlateNoWrapSideClose.jpg

2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-OnPlateNoWrapTop.jpg

After wrapping/ballooning/wrapping:
2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-Wrapped.jpg

Done:
2019-1116-Outcast-CapPackTop.jpg

2019-1116-Outcast-CapPackSideClose.jpg

What value caps did you use?

? Finished up the Outcast 6s today! Replaced steering bushings with sealed fast eddys bearings. Replaced the pinion gear in the front, along with replacing the crown gear.
Just need to charge up some batteries, throw on the wheels and give it a test!!

Attachments

• 15739410226078035750040861912503.jpg
    15739410226078035750040861912503.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 17
My outcast motor just seized in mid air so i took apart the motor and found this. So what I did was take my hobbystar 2000kv motor apart cause it over heats instantly but the Centre shaft is good so I put it in the 2050kv motor. It is longer so I cut those end pieces that I circled and used the rear end cap of the hobbystar motor cause they are opened. The shaft does stick out which is ok. I took it out for a quick run up and down my street and everything seems ok.

Attachments

• 2A46C6AC-1A9C-4722-B783-345C906F3E47.jpeg
    2A46C6AC-1A9C-4722-B783-345C906F3E47.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 26
  • C0F4E722-9B05-41E3-9D77-5360A0021B9F.jpeg
    C0F4E722-9B05-41E3-9D77-5360A0021B9F.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 28FFCEA7-D020-4FF9-A8E3-8BC62E344453.jpeg
    28FFCEA7-D020-4FF9-A8E3-8BC62E344453.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 23
Back