What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LAWN! Dethatched the lawn, aerated the lawn, cleaned up the lawn, edged the lawn, spread Milorganite, spread weed n feed (once a year for me). Anyone that wants the best looking lawn, look no further than Milorganite! Milwaukee's finest :poop:.. Literally!.. I get it by the 1/2 pallet. Cant use too much and cant burn the grass.

I use an abrasive buff pad and cleaner wax. Works just as good but before you did all that. Takes the haze right out makes it brand new.

My Dad used Milorganite at the house I grew up in in Northern Illinois. I didn't know they still sold it.

I have some bare spots I have to reseed. I whacked the lawn pretty good last year with a bit too much Weed-B-Gone, and it clobbered the weaker grass. Plus I didn't water enough our first year here and the lawn got severely drought-stressed.

Gotta get the yard back in shape so the grandson and I can go BASHING In The Back!

LAWN! Dethatched the lawn, aerated the lawn, cleaned up the lawn, edged the lawn, spread Milorganite, spread weed n feed (once a year for me). Anyone that wants the best looking lawn, look no further than Milorganite! Milwaukee's finest :poop:.. Literally!.. I get it by the 1/2 pallet. Cant use too much and cant burn the grass.

I use an abrasive buff pad and cleaner wax. Works just as good but before you did all that. Takes the haze right out makes it brand new.
They literally take the :poop: right out of the sewer to make that.

Wellllllll.......not quite.

It's made from the "sludge" left over after the :poop: has gone through the treatment plant and been sterilized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milorganite
ARRRRRGH!!!

Went to trim my rear wing a bit, and my Lexan scissors blew apart....

DSC_1884.JPG

Damn.....now I either have to scrounge up some hardware to fix them, or buy another set.....

Anybody recommend a decent brand? These were "Half-Price, Closeout" from when the Hobby Town here shut down.

It's made from the "sludge" left over after the :poop: has gone through the treatment plant and been sterilized.

ARRRRRGH!!!

View attachment 73383

Damn.....now I either have to scrounge up some hardware to fix them, or buy another set.....

Anybody recommend a decent brand? These were "Half-Price, Closeout" from when the Hobby Town here shut down.
I have the Dynamite curved ones, they have lasted since 2016.

I'm telling you! Use it on your lawn, if you don't like what it does to your lawn in 2 weeks, I'll PayPal you the $7 bucks for the bag.

My front lawn end of MAY last year. It's like long carpet.

IMG_0298.JPG

I have the Dynamite curved ones, they have lasted since 2016.

I got both straight and curved in the set, and 15 minutes after I made the post, the curved ones blew apart the same way. It's like they over staked the screws when they put them together, and the screws just sheared off.

I'm telling you! Use it on your lawn, if you don't like what it does to your lawn in 2 weeks, I'll PayPal you the $7 bucks for the bag.

My front lawn end of MAY last year. It's like long carpet.

Question for you, do you use anything for dandelion/weed control or is the lawn that dense that it controls itself? The lawn looks awesome!!!

Question for you, do you use anything for dandelion/weed control or is the lawn that dense that it controls itself? The lawn looks awesome!!!

I use weed n feed once in the spring, yesterday actually. Only reason is its not dense enough yet like you mentioned and weeds make their way in. I still have to pick out one or 2 dandelions in the spring. The lawn maintains its self after MAY'ish. No more room for weeds.

One other thing.. Because its so healthy, grubs love to live in my lawn which attracts skunks. Use grub killer! Otherwise that nice lawn can turn into land mines over night.. The problem with a pellet gun? Glad you asked! Them bastards still spray....

I use weed n feed once in the spring, yesterday actually. Only reason is its not dense enough yet like you mentioned and weeds make their way in. I still have to pick out one or 2 dandelions in the spring. The lawn maintains its self after MAY'ish. No more room for weeds.

One other thing.. Because its so healthy, grubs love to live in my lawn which attracts skunks. Use grub killer! Otherwise that nice lawn can turn into land mines over night.. The problem with a pellet gun? Glad you asked! Them bastards still spray....

Thanks for the lawn tips.

My wife hates (have to keep her happy;)) chemicals, so I try to use natural things only. To kill my grubs I use beer, put some in a shallow lid (paint can top, old tupperware lids). I did this a few years ago and occasionally since. I woke up one morning and found about 6 in one spot lol. It works for me.

Try not to do head shots on a skunk, go for heart shot. A much less chance of it spraying on your property!!!

Finally hand washed the car. Followed by some CMX. ??

View attachment 72961
A clean black car always looks nice, but they don't stay that way long. I'll never own another white or black car in my life if I can avoid it. Nice looking car though. :)

ARRRRRGH!!!

View attachment 73383

I broke a pair of those on my first try. I must have cut no more than 2 inches. Cheap poop

I broke a pair of those on my first try. I must have cut no more than 2 inches. Cheap poop

I was quite surprised when the second pair failed the same way about 20 minutes later!

Stuck 'em both back together with some 6-32x1/2" screws, washers, and nuts!

I was quite surprised when the second pair failed the same way about 20 minutes later!

Stuck 'em both back together with some 6-32x1/2" screws, washers, and nuts!
I returned mine and got my money back ?

Back