What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed the Hot Racing front steering hubs and replaced the rear dif with the newly built Arrma metal cup one.
20190828_230804.jpg
20190828_232537.jpg
20190827_205046.jpg

Last edited:
Where are you guys finding these metal Arrma diffs?? ??‍♂️
I'm talking about the new 6s aluminum cup. Should've said cup, but it was late and I was angry.

Last edited:
Got a Senton roller/chassis with some other parts needed from Jennys RC plus parts I had on hand and worked on bulding up a Senton (then ran it today). (Did start last night though so technically worked on last night and today). The 4X4 line is pretty easy to work on.

YbcJSW8.jpg

pWoGjUY.jpg
Are those OFNA 9.5 Buggy shocks on there? I used to run those on my savage and Unlimited Engineering modified ones on my tmaxx back in the day.

I'm taking about the new 6s aluminum cup. Should've said cup, but it was late and I was angry.
Yeah those are the ones I’m looking for. Out of stock everywhere.

Yeah those are the ones I’m looking for. Out of stock everywhere.
I picked mine up from one of the local lhs that I frequent way to often. I just have to beat @Lorenzo_arrma_army to these places if I ever want to find stock of Arrma parts.

Are those OFNA 9.5 Buggy shocks on there? I used to run those on my savage and Unlimited Engineering modified ones on my tmaxx back in the day.

I know they are Ofna shocks not sure which model though. I had no idea what they were and what they were for an how long the shocks were when I bought the first set on Ebay that I have on my Granite. They looked like quality shocks and they were cheap the seller just labeled the description as rc car parts. The second set a seller just labeled them as rc shocks (I knew what they were and bought them). They just happen to work great on the Granite and Senton (IMO) the stock shock springs will even work. The rears are too long so I added a nylon spacer on the shock shaft to get it close to stock length. Used shock bushings form a Duratrax Evader on the top of the shocks to mount them. About $30 got me new to me shocks for my Granite and Senton.

Today my son and I worked on his Senton mega. Ripped out the dead 5kg servo and fitted the 15kg, along with the red Arrma servo saver. While in there we replaced the steering bushes with Plaig sealed bearings. We had previously upgraded the stock shocks with full alum ones which seem to work better and DON'T LEAK. (y)(y) Proline wheel nuts fitted as the Arrma ones keep backing off. A fan to keep motor temps down.
This Mega is a little tank. We send it up jumps and over curbs and it keeps going. I like the way it lands the jumps and can be raced around our small back yard with ease. It has awkwardly landed on its front corners multiple times and doesn't break. oh and easy to work on.

Its a great truck for a young, first time RC operator or a dad who is to impatient to wait for his 6s battery to charge. ;)

Last edited:
Made a cap pack for my ERBEv2 and installed my old HPI Blur F360 (MMv1) ESC that I conformal coated in it. Hoping the cap pack helps avoid killing the ESC like I did the MXL-6S.
2019-0829-1800ufCapPackSide.jpg

2019-0829-1800ufCapPackEnd.jpg

It fits nicely in the open servo hole since I run a single servo on it:
2019-0829-ERBE-HPI Blur F360C-1800uf CapPack-Side.jpg

Just need to make a plate to cover the bottom of the hole and ziptie it in place. I wrapped the contact areas with Polyimide tape and the whole thing with a few layers of electrical tape, then put it in a balloon, then more tape to protect the balloon. This is the truck I run in the winter the most, so wanted to make sure water wouldn't get into it. I just used an XT60 to connect it as that seemed to work well on my SavageFlux with the MMX in it to drop my ripple voltage from 3V+ to <1V.

Dumb question, but does the Cap pack just plug into the second battery connector on a 6S rig?

Dumb question, but does the Cap pack just plug into the second battery connector on a 6S rig?
No. It plugs in parallel with the main power leads between the esc and the connectors. I just cut a bit of the insulation off the wires a little bit out of the esc and wrapped/soldered/heat shrinked it there.

No. It plugs in parallel with the main power leads between the esc and the connectors. I just cut a bit of the insulation off the wires a little bit out of the esc and wrapped/soldered/heat shrinked it there.
So if I used the second plug that would be in series? I need parallel. Got it. Thanks ?

Every 20 packs or so, I do complete tear downs on my Arrmas and replace each bearing whether they need it or not. I finally sat down tonight and sorted all the good sealed bearings from the bad ones, and cleaned the ones worth keeping.

IMG_1333.JPG

Out of 72 bearings, these were the few that made the stringent cut (smooth as butter) to get re-oiled and be put back into service.

IMG_1331.JPG

Every 20 packs or so, I do complete tear downs on my Arrmas and replace each bearing whether they need it or not. I finally sat down tonight and sorted all the good sealed bearings from the bad ones, and cleaned the ones worth keeping.

View attachment 46992

Out of 72 bearings, these were the few that made the stringent cut (smooth as butter) to get re-oiled and be put back into service.

View attachment 46991
Sssshhhh. Don't tell @bicketybam. He thinks cleaning and maintaining bearings is silly and a waste of time. It'll be our little secret???

Back