What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soldered, installed and mounted a cap pack today! Paired with a Castle MM2.

View attachment 71958

View attachment 71957
What a coincidence. I just soldered some XT150s and added a Ripple Killer to my Typhon 3S. I want to see if the cap pack makes any difference with the BLX185. I’ve been told and assume that it won’t. But I’m into testing to be sure. I didn’t think the Turnigy lipo was going to make a 7mph difference either. ??‍♂️✌?

What a coincidence. I just soldered some XT150s and added a Ripple Killer to my Typhon 3S. I want to see if the cap pack makes any difference with the BLX185. I’ve been told and assume that it won’t. But I’m into testing to be sure. I didn’t think the Turnigy lipo was going to make a 7mph difference either. ??‍♂️✌?
I'm the type as well, 'I'd rather try myself', even the remote possibility... :LOL:

Working on this cookie right now
little d.png

Replaced rear bulk head and switched diff fluidin tt pro. Straightened the rear shock tower. Replaced front bulk head and changed diff fluid. Changed center diff fluid and repAired my body??‍♂️??

Alright brothers and sisters. Quick rundown on what's been going on in my rc life. I've been stockpiling parts since February. Since the auto show and the addition of the Granite 3s, I've made a nice inventory of parts for all four trucks. All trucks are switched to XT90 connectors and all batteries have anti spark XT90's as well. Aside from some broken arms, shock ends, and an occasional fan, the damage totals are down from before. Been choosing my bash spots more carefully, which has helped to keep the numbers down. Working on a get up to hold some fans on the 6s motor using some old heat sinks and new metal bodied 30mm fans. Just waiting on a good y-connector to show up to give them a go. I'd love to try the @Mr.Duke one, but trying to keep the spending down. No new upgrades to speak of at the moment, as the two 6s rigs seem pretty bulletproof now. The 3s only get replaced what they need, using some locally sourced stuff, plus a few quick pick ups from Jennys. I've rebuilt the shocks on the Noto, only to get some of the play out. Wish they made better parts cause the plastic piece where the shock shaft comes through, gets opened up way too quickly. Lovin the Backflip Lp's on the Notorious. So much so, I already ordered a second set, Jennys for both. Gotta check them after each run and glue where necessary. Weather is better, but with Covid 19 starting to shut down the places we normally bash at, the hunt for new terrain has me delving into trespassing territory. Golf anyone? I pack a small bag with camera, radio and batteries, grab two trucks and hike to a hole where I can't be seen. Since the courses are closed, not too worried about getting caught. If I do, you're all on my call list for bail. Anyways, hope you are all doing well during these extraordinary times. I've been reading the thread on Covid and hope that all who are dealing with it more directly, will have great stories of recovery soon. It's okay to use rc's as a distraction, but we need to focus on ridding the planet of this destructive virus, so that's where my mind and heart are concentrated each day.
Final note. My father in law, 76 years old, passed away Friday evening. Alzheimer's took it's toll after a five year battle. Truly a bad time for the family as we could not have a typical memorial due to the regulations for social distancing that were introduced last week. Great man, miss him dearly. Take care of yourselves, your families and your friends. In the end, they are what is most important.✌

Alright brothers and sisters. Quick rundown on what's been going on in my rc life. I've been stockpiling parts since February. Since the auto show and the addition of the Granite 3s, I've made a nice inventory of parts for all four trucks. All trucks are switched to XT90 connectors and all batteries have anti spark XT90's as well. Aside from some broken arms, shock ends, and an occasional fan, the damage totals are down from before. Been choosing my bash spots more carefully, which has helped to keep the numbers down. Working on a get up to hold some fans on the 6s motor using some old heat sinks and new metal bodied 30mm fans. Just waiting on a good y-connector to show up to give them a go. I'd love to try the @Mr.Duke one, but trying to keep the spending down. No new upgrades to speak of at the moment, as the two 6s rigs seem pretty bulletproof now. The 3s only get replaced what they need, using some locally sourced stuff, plus a few quick pick ups from Jennys. I've rebuilt the shocks on the Noto, only to get some of the play out. Wish they made better parts cause the plastic piece where the shock shaft comes through, gets opened up way too quickly. Lovin the Backflip Lp's on the Notorious. So much so, I already ordered a second set, Jennys for both. Gotta check them after each run and glue where necessary. Weather is better, but with Covid 19 starting to shut down the places we normally bash at, the hunt for new terrain has me delving into trespassing territory. Golf anyone? I pack a small bag with camera, radio and batteries, grab two trucks and hike to a hole where I can't be seen. Since the courses are closed, not too worried about getting caught. If I do, you're all on my call list for bail. Anyways, hope you are all doing well during these extraordinary times. I've been reading the thread on Covid and hope that all who are dealing with it more directly, will have great stories of recovery soon. It's okay to use rc's as a distraction, but we need to focus on ridding the planet of this destructive virus, so that's where my mind and heart are concentrated each day.
Final note. My father in law, 76 years old, passed away Friday evening. Alzheimer's took it's toll after a five year battle. Truly a bad time for the family as we could not have a typical memorial due to the regulations for social distancing that were introduced last week. Great man, miss him dearly. Take care of yourselves, your families and your friends. In the end, they are what is most important.✌
Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear your bad news ?, stay strong and stay safe..!!

My prayers and condolences go out to J. We’re here for ya brother

So sorry for your loss bro. I know how you feel. May he RIP. I miss my “nan” and I think about the good times we had. She lived to a ripe age of 102.

I hope you’re doing well amid this crisis. Post some vids ?

Back