What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another wheelset.

_20210225_174455.JPG

Cool bike, but that post extended up past the handle bars would terrify me!
no-country-for-old-men-2007-movie-review-anton-chigurh-bolt-gun-killer-javier-bardem-best-picture-winner.jpg

Worked on my ERBEv2 to add xt90 clamps instead of using a myriad of zipties to keep the plugs/wires from bouncing all over.
2021-0225-ERBEv2-XT90Clamps-TopClose.jpg

Should work well and I don't think I'll need my xt90 clips I made that keep them together anymore:
2019-1019-XT90-RetainerClips.jpg

Supposed to get up to 50F tomorrow. Went and got some new boots last night as well, guessing it's going to be wet out. Probably just try and mess around locally in various parking lots with snow piles at the edges.

Cool bike, but that post extended up past the handle bars would terrify me!
Lol Initial build pic lad, ye know that thing where yer sure ye have everything needed to finish the build? Caught short that time with headset spacers and the spare mech being 11spd rather than the required 12! Only a 5mm spacer over the stem now thankfully! Brake hoses now black like they're meant to be too!

Yesterday was a full rc day!

20210228_195908.jpg

I started the day doing final assembly/test run on another scx24 with a little 380 holmes revolver and 18a hobbywing esc. After testing it out, I realize that for this kind of power, I'll definitely need slider boxes to lower the center of gravity. I need to get the battery and esc down under the wheel tops. It wants to flip itself over every time you hit the throttle 😆. There's a furitek esc ordered for it- hopefully giving it some better low end throttle control and dropping the weight down will let me unlock its potential. These little trucks are addictive!

Moving on-
20210228_200118.jpg

I got to do some early afternoon parking lot bash racing with some friends. I'm absolutely loving my little spare parts build. It's a 4s 2400kv typhon set up for road with an old outcast body- really gives me the rat rod vibe the way it runs. I tested out a few different tires on dry pavement and came to a surprising conclusion- the little hoons hook up way better on this thing than the big hoons. It was holding its own against a few 6s typhons, and out cornering various Sentons and rustlers by a huge margin. At least until I broke a shock. I deserve it. It was my idea to put a ramp into the course. I need to get some 2.8 buggy banditos and some grps to run a full shootout some day. And I definitely need titanium screws for sparks!

After the parking lot session, I went to a friends house for a birthday/indoor mini crawler party. My original scx24 motor died mid-run, so I got the chance to do a 15 minute motor swap for a barrage. Shout out to my LHS (radial crack) for stocking the parts I've asked for. ❤ I'm pretty impressed at how long that little motor lasted, considering how hard it's been driven. We did some pretty intensive side by side comparisons and changes to test out as many mods as we could. We might be close to figuring these little beasts out soon. A note to anyone starting out with the scx24- adding weight and power ain't all that it's cracked up to be. Work on stance and balance before you start bolting on brass. Then get good tires. Printed beadlocks seem to work just as good as the steel and aluminum ones. Lighter works just fine if you get your front/back balance and center of gravity dialed.

Today was consumed by an awesome brunch, and some serious napping.

There ya go, tmi

Don’t ever be afraid to work outside of your comfort zone. My thought process has always been that if someone else can do it, what’s stopping me from doing it?

It was relatively easy and I ended up spending most of the time going OCD on removing every trace of the OEM adhesive than swapping components.

I highly recommend this company for parts within the US.

https://www.injuredgadgets.com/apple/iphone/iphone-6s/

For this latest round of parts I ordered on Saturday and received them on Tuesday

edit* you will need a heat gun and a couple inexpensive specialty tools that make getting into them a lot easier

Have you ever watched Strange Parts on YouTube? He went to China and built his own iPhone from scratch.

Back