What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes with those small block Chevy engines it is really hard to tell what you have unless you tear it apart. I got an engine for free my my stepbrother one time, he told me it was a 400 small block so that is what I thought it was. I finally got to tearing it down to do gaskets and found out it wasn't a 400 it was a 383 stroker.
Precisely what I'm worried about! Hopefully it still runs and I don't have to tear into it...
Decided to try out the Arrma 12t motor in my crawler over the stock 20t so got it installed and also went from the 14t pinion to an 18t. Not sure with crawlers if a bigger pinion will help more for slow crawling or if I should go back down to the stock 14t. @Pat_ranch @Doom! suggestions as far as the pinion change and 12t motor over the 20t motor please and thanks fellas👊🏼 View attachment 169509
18t might be a bit jumpy. Try it & see if it handles the way you want. I keep gravitating to smaller pinions on my crawlers, but I'm also running brushless on everything. I follow the Holmes mantra of volt up pinion down.

Precisely what I'm worried about! Hopefully it still runs and I don't have to tear into it...

18t might be a bit jumpy. Try it & see if it handles the way you want. I keep gravitating to smaller pinions on my crawlers, but I'm also running brushless on everything. I follow the Holmes mantra of volt up pinion down.
Thanks for the input @Pat_ranch it does seem more jumpy so definitely will go back down👍🏼 but hey thing will probably do about 30mph with a 3s pack now🤣

wp-content.jpg

20210917_212051.jpg
20210917_212102.jpg

Got my other CNC diff all put together so both are ready to drop in. Think I'm going to put them in the Bigrock and switch the 4s motor from the Granite over and install the other 150A esc as well so it's a 4s beast🤘🏼😎
20210918_210401.jpg

What are those stripes on the wall holding the RCs and what attachment are you using on those to hold the RC? thx
I love that you have “The Office” on in the background. 👍
Where did you get those giant pliers?!
And yes to the fender flares. 😎
Lol, the pliers I won in a raffle on the Snap-On truck at work several years ago, possibly the world’s most expensive pliers considering the price of Snap-On stuff. I used to live in a”suburb“ of scranton once upon a time, so the office has always been a favorite of mine. As for the flares, eh, I’ll post a mock up picture tomorrow with the 1.9’s and the flares on it…I’m not so sure, but I definitely look forward to some input.

Anyone no how or were i can get a rotor shaft rebuild kit for the ezrun 1650kv motor and while im asking how about for the spectrum 2050kv also. I bought a couple used kraton 6s and just the rotor shafts are roached
I can find rebuilds fot HW /castle 1800kv on up and thats it nothing for 1650kv or spectrum motors

There are none, you have to buy a new motor. Save the shell for next time when a wire burns up, other than that it's a paperweight.
Rotors were offered a long time ago but didn't seem to be economically feasible.

I've read that some people use drill bit shafts, cut to size, as replacements. Can't find the thread, but it's just a matter of measuring the diameter of the pin with a caliper, and buying in bulk. I'll keep searching to see if I can find the thread.
Lol i did the drill bit shaft and weeks later i broke another factory pin now have two drill bit shafts and going strong
There are none, you have to buy a new motor. Save the shell for next time when a wire burns up, other than that it's a paperweight.
Rotors were offered a long time ago but didn't seem to be economically feasible.
Ug found them for the 1800kc on up ? Bummer
Lol i did the drill bit shaft and weeks later i broke another factory pin now have two drill bit shafts and going strong

Ug found them for the 1800kc on up ? Bummer
Oops 1800kv

Lol, the pliers I won in a raffle on the Snap-On truck at work several years ago, possibly the world’s most expensive pliers considering the price of Snap-On stuff. I used to live in a”suburb“ of scranton once upon a time, so the office has always been a favorite of mine. As for the flares, eh, I’ll post a mock up picture tomorrow with the 1.9’s and the flares on it…I’m not so sure, but I definitely look forward to some input.
thx...those wall fixtures?

So decided to go ahead and put the new CNC inputs and diffs in the Bigrock. Also got the @3d-rc.myshopify.com 150A esc mount installed and 150A esc. Going to run it 3s for a little to break I'm the new diff gears then grab the Hobbystar 4068 2400kv out of the Granite to run 4s🤘🏼 pretty sweet my newest CNHL packs match the Bigrock 🤩
20210918_210401.jpg
20210918_234909.jpg
20210919_000225.jpg
20210919_001154.jpg
20210919_020714.jpg
20210919_030150.jpg
20210919_012518.jpg

Anyone have any
So decided to go ahead and put the new CNC inputs and diffs in the Bigrock. Also got the @3d-rc.myshopify.com 150A esc mount installed and 150A esc. Going to run it 3s for a little to break I'm the new diff gears then grab the Hobbystar 4068 2400kv out of the Granite to run 4s🤘🏼 pretty sweet my newest CNHL packs match the Bigrock 🤩View attachment 169947View attachment 169948View attachment 169949View attachment 169950View attachment 169951View attachment 169952View attachment 169954
Have you tried the hr aluminum dif cups yet i put one in the rear of my 3s senton and like it enough that im going to put one in the front

Anyone have any

Have you tried the hr aluminum dif cups yet i put one in the rear of my 3s senton and like it enough that im going to put one in the front
No I haven't and not sure they are compatible with the new CNC ring gear as I had to get new cups specific to the ring gears as you can't use the old ones. I know HR has the metal gears also but again not sure the shape etc is the same as the new CNC gear. Also never had issues with the diff cups so never felt it necessary to upgrade.

Back