What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working up some motivation to get out and mow my lawn. The sun is about 20ft. above my house! 😓😵
Ha! Literally just finished mine. 90 yesterday....65 today....yeah.....I mowed today. ;)

Even had time in a light rain to start laying out the track extension with the weedwacker! 😍
20220523_174729.jpg

Paint and body mockup on a new crawler build. I'm not a huge Toyota guy, but my crawling club is putting together a new "Yoda" class/events where the body has to be a Toyota, so I figured I'd build something new rather than just doing a body swap.

View attachment 218626
I like it. Who makes that body?

Thanks. Proline makes the body.

Just finished cutting and sanding. Next up paint, going to try to do chrome bumpers and trim etc.... And tomorrow paint it green. Never used green before. My new desk with diamond plate. Still waiting on 99% of my rc items and furniture to get returned from the restoration company CRDN btw would never use them again.

16534022188788874304840341783216.jpg

Polo Creations CS still sucks they do not reply timely if at all. However they have moved from the brittle 3D plastic to the more flexible, nylon like material which looks and feels great. Smooth no lines and flexibility.

Add the the light bar I have been waiting for, and the headlights are made the same way. Totally different design from the one on my other Infraction body for the lightbar. This one replaces the center bar and does not sit on top like the previous one:

1653523086490.png
1653523099505.png

Well, this morning and then after I get back from volunteering at my daughter's field day today.........

After a year of running on stock everything and becoming more confident in my wrenching skills since joining this awesome forum...;)..my 2wd slash deserves a good upgrade!

Replacing bearings, diff oil (got sealed alum case), new steel idler gear, new slipper system, new Big Bore shocks/oil, new PL Badlands, new 35k servo, new reciever and last but def not least upgrading to a VXL-3S brushless motor and ESC! :LOL: It's gonna be a whole new rig!!! lol
20220526_090502.jpg

Wish me luck! 🤞✌️

Charged up a 3s battery for my new Traxxas Maxx and did a quick test run to make sure everything works. My 4s batteries are due to arrive tomorrow, and I'll finally get a chance to really test the performance then (if the weather cooperates).

Back