What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had another productive afternoon/evening on the workbench (aka my couch 😁) 1st I switched to a 46t spur gear & a 20t pinion on the typhotank. Then I got to work on the frankenbuild- not much typhon left on it anymore! Started by checking all 3 diffs, center needed topping off w/ 200k. While I had the center diff out I changed out the 50t spur for a 40t robinson racing spur. Then I stuck on a 30t pinion that I got last week. Also drilled a couple holes in the chassis behind the battery box to mount the gps. Also installed the aluminum hot racing servo saver & servo horn/linkage.
On to the next big transformation. Thanks to @Acidsnow for some insight, I took off the typhon towers & shocks so I could swap in the limitless towers & shocks. Everything ended up being pretty straightforward honestly. When I was drilling a slightly bigger hole thru the front tower for routing the wires for the front lights I managed to slip & break the only front body mounting post that I had 🤬 Kinda hacked apart a different post to make it work. The rear mounts caused an issue as well. Didn't have nearly enough height for the body to clear so I jerry rigged some different mounts there too. I had to fudge the holes in the body to get em to line up. Ended up being a little too tall so I'll probably flip them upside-down & fiddle around w/ it tomorrow a little more. Once I get the body sitting down where I like I think it'll look bada$$!!

20220704_175213.jpg

20220704_220548.jpg

20220705_010128.jpg

20220704_220644.jpg

20220704_220723.jpg

20220704_231735.jpg

I helped my 12 year old star wars nerd get his storyboard on. Gonk droids rule.
20220706_195757.jpg

I love how meticulous he is about the posing details
20220706_205821.jpg

20220706_205923.jpg

And then I watched the sun set from my drivers platform- almost had a pretty one tonight 😉
20220706_210604.jpg
20220706_210831.jpg

Good day to be cancer free ❤️

Some new shoes and power for the MJX Hyper Go (H16P).

MJXHyperGo.jpg

MERV 1/16 Proline Trenchers

MJXHyperGo Brushless.jpg

Surpass Hobby 2440 4600kv motor and speedo, 2S Hoovo and 3S gens-ace-r-spam batteries.

Edit: Interesting the forum is changing the name of the battery company :D

Last edited:
Ok, it's 3 am & I'm tired as heck but I gotta post this while it's still fresh. In preparation for tomorrow morning's maiden 3s run w/ the stretched typhon (frank) I've been judiciously pouring over the minute details that will hinder my mph. 1st I needed to solder a parallel harness for my 3s batteries. With much help from @Diem Turner I was able to pull it off. Although kinda ugly when I finished it didn't even smoke/spark/ or catch fire when I plugged it in!! Again, mad props to @Diem Turner for walking me through that process. I'd noticed that the rear drive input cup was wobbly last week so I took the rear assembly off to swap it out w/ an m2c. After I got the assembly off I noticed bare metal rub marks on the indentation of the rear tower brace. Sure enough the Kraton rear center driveshaft was bent- not really sure when that happened exactly. Thank god I have a couple spares. Easy enough to fix while I had it apart. Rear back together, there were some issues in the front end as well. Tightened up the m2c pillow ball retainers just a hair & added some dry lube as well. Needed to adjust camber too, added a couple skinny washers to the upper a arms & everything looked a lot better. Was too late to give it a shakedown by the time I got done w/ everything. I'm so anxious, almost like trying to get to sleep on Christmas eve!! Here we go!😃😃🤞

20220707_225529.jpg

20220707_225551.jpg

20220707_235614.jpg

20220708_015031.jpg

20220708_015055.jpg

20220708_024033.jpg

My two Arrmas are pretty much done as far as mods go, and nothing is broken, so my work is generally on other vehicles. Yesterday I replaced the VXL-4s ESC in my Maxx with a VXL-6s ESC. The 4s ESC is prone to failures, while the 6s ESC is much more robust. The 6s ESC was plug-and-play, and it allows me to keep my light kit running.

Same here...my Arrmas are good. Arrma tough baby!! 💪🤣

Been working on other rigs the last few days. Upgraded servo and tires in P.O.S. Redcat SCT Pro. Just trying to get it somewhat fun to drive without putting too much time and money into it. 😂

Broke a drive shaft on my Traxxas Big Foot so replaced both rears with steel spline constant velocity ones. Also upgraded/installed aluminum rear stub axles and rear shock tower.

On my Traxxas 2wd 3s I replaced the gear dust cover, half shafts with metal u joints, rear stub axles and hardened steel differential output yokes w/ U joints.

Waiting on new ESC and motor to put in my Redcat XTE Pro. Should have today.

I also started creating my Po-Po shell. I'll have info and pics of all this in a seperate thread when I'm finished. Making it a MD State Police car. Up to 1am last night finishing printing decals, laminating them and installing on lid. Today will work on installing the lights, light bar and siren speaker.

20220707_203531.jpg

And I can almost say......
Screenshot_20220706-064444_Chrome.jpg

Like you guys all my rigs are good...but got into a new thing with the Fireteam so gonna make some of this look like the polished M2C stuff...although it is the EXB stuff red removed :LOL: Shock mounts next

1657314927105.png
1657314938658.png
1657314952246.png
1657314973339.png

What kind of a process is that? Some kind of chemical bath or something? I really like the look of the brushed aluminum 👍
Thx

I have an entire post when I asked how to do it in 2021. I will link what I used here but read the entire thread for good info others told me. Here

I found this process for me fast and easy to take out of the bath and color gone vs the oven cleaner...but some precautions need to made in doing this process!

Thx

I have an entire post when I asked how to do it in 2021. I will link what I used here but read the entire thread for good info others told me. Here

I found this process for me fast and easy to take out of the bath and color gone vs the oven cleaner...but some precautions need to made in doing this process!
Cool man, I'd possibly give it a shot. You know how too re-anodize w/ a different color too?

Back