What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One skirt attached finally…. Had to shave some plastic off the other side since I didn’t want the gap between the infill or a funky tray angle waiting for some straps and should be good to go!

81C9B675-E49C-417A-89DB-9869B2DE9DD5.jpeg

AB3164A0-8533-4A67-912D-AB8AB0932C13.jpeg

2DDA2094-7D0E-4859-B20A-58D8D91490CB.jpeg

Was up late again last night/ early this morning wrenching again so I suppose it technically counts as today. Nearly finished w/ the teardown & rebuild of the typhotank. Took all of the Kraton6s hubs & stub axles off & replaced w/ oem typhon stockers, along w/ new hexes all around. As I was replacing a stripped front lower a arm I found the tip of my old mip driver busted off in the pillow ball🤦‍♂️, as well as 1 pillow ball that was bent. I got the 1 off w/ some needle nose vice grips & kinda straightened the bent one by wanging it on a 2x4 while holding it in a bigger pair of vice grips. After I had gotten everything back together I looked over & saw the bag of brand new typhon hubs-ones w/ brand new, unbent pillow balls!😅🤦‍♂️ Serviced the front diff, filled w/ 200k, replaced bearings as needed. On to the center- Serviced, replaced bearings & filled w/ 500k. Put a new 24t pinion on, now geared 24t/46p- we'll see how fast this thing will rip!! Then to the rear, where I was really dreading having to take that spring loaded wheelie bar off- it was such a HUGE pita to put on!! Turns out w/ my ratcheting driver I could reach all the screws w/out taking it off!!😁👍What I found when I opened the diff case was quite astonishing- looked like an entire sandbox was packed in there!😅😬🤔 Got all the crud cleaned out, serviced, replaced bearings & filled w/ 100k. Replaced outdrive cups w/ m2c all around too.
Finally, I opened up all 4 shocks, but they were still filled to the level that I filled them to originally so I capped them back up & put em back on. Not too much left to do- just electronics & the typhotank should be back in business!!😃👍🤘

20221201_230115.jpg

20221201_230212.jpg

20221202_020111.jpg

20221202_020119.jpg

20221202_031205.jpg

20221202_031235.jpg

20221202_040001.jpg

20221202_040219.jpg

Was up late again last night/ early this morning wrenching again so I suppose it technically counts as today. Nearly finished w/ the teardown & rebuild of the typhotank. Took all of the Kraton6s hubs & stub axles off & replaced w/ oem typhon stockers, along w/ new hexes all around. As I was replacing a stripped front lower a arm I found the tip of my old mip driver busted off in the pillow ball🤦‍♂️, as well as 1 pillow ball that was bent. I got the 1 off w/ some needle nose vice grips & kinda straightened the bent one by wanging it on a 2x4 while holding it in a bigger pair of vice grips. After I had gotten everything back together I looked over & saw the bag of brand new typhon hubs-ones w/ brand new, unbent pillow balls!😅🤦‍♂️ Serviced the front diff, filled w/ 200k, replaced bearings as needed. On to the center- Serviced, replaced bearings & filled w/ 500k. Put a new 24t pinion on, now geared 24t/46p- we'll see how fast this thing will rip!! Then to the rear, where I was really dreading having to take that spring loaded wheelie bar off- it was such a HUGE pita to put on!! Turns out w/ my ratcheting driver I could reach all the screws w/out taking it off!!😁👍What I found when I opened the diff case was quite astonishing- looked like an entire sandbox was packed in there!😅😬🤔 Got all the crud cleaned out, serviced, replaced bearings & filled w/ 100k. Replaced outdrive cups w/ m2c all around too.
Finally, I opened up all 4 shocks, but they were still filled to the level that I filled them to originally so I capped them back up & put em back on. Not too much left to do- just electronics & the typhotank should be back in business!!😃👍🤘

View attachment 259841

View attachment 259842

View attachment 259843

View attachment 259844

View attachment 259845

View attachment 259846

View attachment 259847

View attachment 259848
Wow! That's some crusty lookin gearbox there!! Might be a lil wear on the ring/pinion eh?😁🤣🤣
@joshludden is that an aluminium gearbox with all the sand in it? I would run a bead of rtv or similar around the bottom lip to try and keep that crap out. Looks like the gearbox was either loose from the chassis or something is bent..is that a 4985 in ur Typhon? It's gotta be mental!🤘🍻

Last edited:
Nothing major, just some tinkering on the 3s Typhon. Changed the slipper hub yet again. This time instead of mushrooming out thanks to the bearing mod I got much longer life out of it and it wore out on the inside. So while I had it apart I changed the motor out from 1900kv to 2400kv.

Wow! That's some crusty lookin gearbox there!! Might be a lil wear on the ring/pinion eh?😁🤣🤣
@joshludden is that an aluminium gearbox with all the sand in it? I would run a bead of rtv or similar around the bottom lip to try and keep that crap out. Looks like the gearbox was either loose from the chassis or something is bent..is that a 4985 in ur Typhon? It's gotta be mental!🤘🍻
Yeah, the last time I ran it was a few months ago & that was the 1st time I heard the crunchiness so I stopped. When I took it apart last night 3 of the 4 screws were about to fall out, so I'd say it was LOOSE!!😆 Sorry for my ignorance, but what's rtv? I don't really have any gaskets or any of the like on hand, think I could lay some of that vinyl I have down on the chassis for a quick fix?
& of course that's a 4985 1650kv, got em in both of my basher Typhons!!😁😉🤪 So much fun 😃

Yeah, the last time I ran it was a few months ago & that was the 1st time I heard the crunchiness so I stopped. When I took it apart last night 3 of the 4 screws were about to fall out, so I'd say it was LOOSE!!😆 Sorry for my ignorance, but what's rtv? I don't really have any gaskets or any of the like on hand, think I could lay some of that vinyl I have down on the chassis for a quick fix?
& of course that's a 4985 1650kv, got em in both of my basher Typhons!!😁😉🤪 So much fun 😃
Gasket maker. Just a thin bead around the bottom surface of the gearbox housing where it meets the chassis. I have had success with grease too. Honestly, it's most likely just from the mounting screws being loose though..

Screenshot_20221202-122758_Samsung Internet.jpg

IMG20221203101147.jpg

Just got this one together(again), rebuilt all 3 diffs, replaced all bearings (prob 15years old😳😬) and found a body that fitted pretty good. Just need to rebuild shocks, and print a body post for the back. Still pretty new to this hobby (start of September this year) and this is the most time I have spent fixing a car (kyosho dbx from 2007), and I've had so much fun. Can't wait to try it out now. As said earlier, it was nitro once, but now 2-3S.

I installed the Hobbywing Max8 V3 ESC that came today into my Maxx V1. I installed it on a well-designed and executed ESC mount I found on Ebay (mine is orange). These items are paired with the Traxxas 2200kv motor I already have installed in the Maxx.

ESC: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174449452957

ESC Mount: https://www.ebay.com/itm/295071540552?var=593328494078

I will mostly run my Maxx on 4s, but I have the capability to run on a single 6s battery, which I already have.

After digging around my mess of parts drawers I finally found the mounts and screws needed to mount the new body on the basher limitless. I still need an Infraction splitter but I’ll make this work until then. Yes I know the Hoons are mismatched but they’re Hoons so they won’t last long anyways.
EF0D32D4-C757-4A75-9A15-DD2FAFFBD4DD.jpeg

Built This... Painting the roads and paths next.
The grandkids are going to love it!

I also have a FMS 1/24 Monster Truck coming in a week.

Below is a FMS power Wagon and a Team Associates behind it.
Thats a 9' diam carpet.

Bad Wolf go so excited he leaked 100k all over the floor.

IMG_4119.jpeg

IMG_4132.jpeg

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4130.jpeg

IMG_4131.jpeg

IMG_4134.jpeg

Stacks & Packs up NICE!

IMG_4136.jpeg

The Buggy Boys just Love the new bunny trucks. They want to Eat them!

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4135.jpeg

...more micro trucks coming.

IMG_4121.jpeg

Last edited:
Back