What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready tae throw a deltaplastiks shell in the bin! 😠
Fannied aboot all afternoon trying to line up body mounts, makin it up as ah go. Only tae figure oot its pretty badly warped, like one side is flattish as it should be but the other is blown oot for want of a better description.
Had enough, whisky o'clock noo! 😁

Ready tae throw a deltaplastiks shell in the bin! 😠
Fannied aboot all afternoon trying to line up body mounts, makin it up as ah go. Only tae figure oot its pretty badly warped, like one side is flattish as it should be but the other is blown oot for want of a better description.
Had enough, whisky o'clock noo! 😁

Well that sucks!

I guess I worked on a first date in a while today. It went well. Does that count? :)

If she shows interest for a second date.. Then you're doing alright. 👍

worked on a few things today.. tore the Xmaxx further apart for the tear down rebuild I’m doin. Put the vitavon motor mount in the Maxx that I got from @Armarookie43 thanks again !

185F6F0D-BC14-47D5-A3E3-D136FD25201E.jpeg
FEED04ED-ECB9-4054-A833-9CB185517A7D.jpeg
I put in the biggest gearing the vitavon mount said it could hold. 54/23, the cover wasn’t going back on without touching the pinion so I spaced it with a couple spacers works perfect 👌🏻😎
81192108-6955-46C4-A8E0-0177581A8AFD.jpeg

1A7FEFE9-4C28-4271-AC1F-8A6C5D874ED0.jpeg

Also took the set of backflips off the crusher so I could use them on the Xmaxx and I put trenchers on to replace them. Also replaced the broken wing mount that was fabricated prior to the creation of the O8S. Super glue and zip ties with a 6s wheelie bar didn’t hold up 🤣🤣
12869CE3-A634-42E8-A850-6B8F97166C0B.jpeg

Get her into RC's. hehehe
That won't work with her. She loves to ride motorcycles. I wish now I hadn't sold my Harley but summer is a long time away and if it works out with her I will make it happen somehow. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just little things tonight- put 3 of those battair plugs on batteries, charged & initialized for tomorrow. Got the new Basherqueen rear mud guards put on the Kraton6s, man what beautiful pieces😍- I've never really seen very much real carbon fiber before. Then I took the dBoots copperheads off & stuck em on the Derecho. Also used some duallock to mount my GPS unit to the wing. Gonna need the extra ground clearance to see how fast I can rip up that bean field that killed one of my wheels today!😁

Screenshot_20221205-224225_BattAir.jpg

20221205_220434.jpg

20221205_220514.jpg

20221205_224348.jpg

Working on a copper exhaust hood. I for got to take pictures when I first started but when it's all done. It should look pretty cool. Hopefully I can talk my boss out of having me solder any of it. Hard to make a soldered lap joint look pretty

20221206_145527.jpg

20221206_145523.jpg

20221206_145508.jpg

20221206_145517.jpg

Working on a copper exhaust hood. I for got to take pictures when I first started but when it's all done. It should look pretty cool. Hopefully I can talk my boss out of having me solder any of it. Hard to make a soldered lap joint look pretty

View attachment 260841

View attachment 260843

View attachment 260844

View attachment 260845
Do you always have to wear gloves when you're working w/ copper so the oils in your skin don't tarnish/react w/ the surface? Looks beautiful by the way 😍 😃👍🤘

Do you always have to wear gloves when you're working w/ copper so the oils in your skin don't tarnish/react w/ the surface? Looks beautiful by the way 😍 😃👍🤘
I probably should but I plan on polishing it anyway. I got sausage fingers and not many gloves fit lol. Thanks for the compliment brother.🤗
When I get a chance to work on it again, I'm going to make a band around the top that looks just like the face of ogee gutter, just scaled down.

I probably should but I plan on polishing it anyway. I got sausage fingers and not many gloves fit lol. Thanks for the compliment brother.🤗
When I get a chance to work on it again, I'm going to make a band around the top that looks just like the face of ogee gutter, just scaled down.
So you’re a Sheetmetal worker?

Back