Outcast What diff fluid should I use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I’ve got a brand new Outcast that hasn’t even ran yet, wanting to know what diff fluid I should run in the front and rear, and the center diff. It calls for 500,000 in the center and 10,000 in the front and rear. I will be doing some pretty hard core grass and dirt bashing not extreme but about a level under that. I will also be doing some jumps, nothing huge but big enough to do some good flips. May run it on cement here and there but not very often. I like to go fast but under control. Just looking for the best option for fluids for the stuff listed above?! (Just wanted to include all that info to get the best results do what I’ll be doing)

I use 60/500/30 in my Notorious, which is the Outcast's cousin. Works great for me and I use it basically the same as you described. Just a little bit crazier with 30+ feet jumps off my ramp! (y)

Some use the 10/500/10 as you mentioned.

You'll have to experiment to see what you like, but I believe you will be happy with the 60/500/30. It will wheelie on demand with 500k in the center-fyi. :p

Happy Bashing!!! 😁✌️

I use 60/500/30 in my Notorious, which is the Outcast's cousin. Works great for me and I use it basically the same as you described. Just a little bit crazier with 30+ feet jumps off my ramp! (y)

Some use the 10/500/10 as you mentioned.

You'll have to experiment to see what you like, but I believe you will be happy with the 60/500/30. It will wheelie on demand with 500k in the center-fyi. :p

Happy Bashing!!! 😁✌️
As in 60 in the back and 30 in the front

As in 60 in the back and 30 in the front
No, F/C/R.....you want same or more in Front diff than rear. Best practice is half......meaning if you have 40 in F....you'll want 20 in R.......60 in F....30 in R (y)

I run 50/500/50.. but the center fluid is changed constantly, every 8 packs or so as it gets beat to death and feels like 300 in short order..

Keep in mind the lower the diff fluids wt the more likely it is to diff out and loose a tire.. wether it Is left to right or front to rear..

If your not racing on a track, lighter wt fluid is useless imo..

Higher wt diff fluid also teaches you how to control the rig through your trigger finger.. wether it's blasting sideways around a corner in a controlled manner, or taming your finger for a gradual pull to prevent wheelies and traction loss... I think it makes you a better driver in the end...

Again.. my opinion..

I run 50/500/50.. but the center fluid is changed constantly, every 8 packs or so as it gets beat to death and feels like 300 in short order..

Keep in mind the lower the diff fluids wt the more likely it is to diff out and loose a tire.. wether it Is left to right or front to rear..

Higher wt diff fluid also teaches you how to control the rig through your trigger finger.. wether it's blasting sideways around a corner in a controlled manner, or taming your finger for a gradual pull to prevent wheelies and traction loss... I think it makes you a better driver in the end...

Again.. my opinion..
Great points!!! (y)

Again.. my opinion..
What do you mean by 8 packs?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back