Kraton What diff oil do I need for my Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktc888

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm just about to go and buy some new diff oil for front centre and rear.

Any recommendations on what to buy??

Anywhere from 100k to a mil for the center. I run 500k. Front less than 100k (I run 50k) and rear less than the front (I run 30k).

Thanks mate I have no ideas when it comes to this.

I'll try them ?

You’re welcome ?

You will see the biggest difference in the center diff. Heavier fluid will keep the wheels with the least grip from over spinning. In the case of these trucks that means the front tires, so less ballooning. If you have athe money, get 1 mil, 500k, 100k, 50k and 30k. Then you have options.

OK brilliant thanks. Do I loose any speed or performance with the thicker fluid?

Good question. No, you don’t. If anything you will pick up some acceleration with the change in center diff fluid.

Brilliant mate you have helped me out a lot. 1 thing I can't understand is why I can hold my diff and spin the wheels I thought surely the wheels would force the diff to spin it's really confusing me

Brilliant mate you have helped me out a lot. 1 thing I can't understand is why I can hold my diff and spin the wheels I thought surely the wheels would force the diff to spin it's really confusing me

The center diff?

All of the front rear and centre if I hold the cog still. I can still spin the wheels. I thought that it would spin my finger on the cog

I'm not sure what you mean by cog.

I believe he is referring to the crown/spur gear. If you hold it and spin one output cup the other output cup will rotate the opposite direction thru the spiders (or planetary) gears. These are "open" differentials. If you hold both output cups you can't rotate the crown/spur gear. If you hold one output cup and turn the crown/spur gear the other output cup will rotate with the crown/spur gear (the heavier the fluid is the harder it becomes to do this because the fluid is creating a positraction effect and is trying to make the output cup being held start to turn with the crown/spur gear also.

Perfect explanation exactly what I was trying to say. Your method makes sense lol.

So what your saying is what I thought was a problem is actually how they as suppose to operate and actually there isn't a problem there??

Perfect explanation exactly what I was trying to say. Your method makes sense lol.

So what your saying is what I thought was a problem is actually how they as suppose to operate and actually there isn't a problem there??

Yes, it is functioning correctly.

Kraton current 60/200/30k front/center/rear

Senton got 60/500/60k front/center/rear

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back