Typhon What diff oils do I need for my Typhon v4 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys, hope everyone is well and safe during this Corona Virus thing going on. I haven't been able to use my Typhon for the past 4 months or so because of work, but now I have a chance to use it everyday! I'm wondering what Diff oils do I need to buy for it? Everything is stock, I just added the additional pinion arrma gives you for speed. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, hope everyone is well and safe during this Corona Virus thing going on. I haven't been able to use my Typhon for the past 4 months or so because of work, but now I have a chance to use it everyday! I'm wondering what Diff oils do I need to buy for it? Everything is stock, I just added the additional pinion arrma gives you for speed. Thanks in advance!
I would get some 20k, 100k, and 500k at minimum. You should be able to mix and match between these weights to get it dialed in the way you like. I’m still working on mine so I don’t have a firm answer on my personal setup yet. Where are you running yours and how do you want it to perform?

In a general sense the heavier the oil, the more of a locked feeling your going to feel when driving it. Lighter the oil the opposite the effect. Most will try and 'lock' the center 500k or heavier, as it transfers power more evenly to the front and rear. The front and rear diffs are very user specific. This lil chart will help with other info diff oil can help with or not.

1585759565190.png

I would get some 20k, 100k, and 500k at minimum. You should be able to mix and match between these weights to get it dialed in the way you like. I’m still working on mine so I don’t have a firm answer on my personal setup yet. Where are you running yours and how do you want it to perform?
Thanks for the reply! I was busy sorry I took long to reply. I mainly use it on road because it's hard to find off road around here in the city. I'll be using it on grass and dirt more often eventually! Also, what receiver and transmitter combo do you recommend me? I would like something that I can control how much power my Rig is running it at, but if not something better than the Spectrum. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! I was busy sorry I took long to reply. I mainly use it on road because it's hard to find off road around here in the city. I'll be using it on grass and dirt more often eventually! Also, what receiver and transmitter combo do you recommend me? I would like something that I can control how much power my Rig is running it at, but if not something better than the Spectrum. Thanks!
Just about any radio will be better than the STX2. A cheap Dumborc for $25 will be leaps better. You can spend as much as you want, but really, anything is better. The Flysky are also cheap and good. Futaba 3PV is a little more but works good.

In a general sense the heavier the oil, the more of a locked feeling your going to feel when driving it. Lighter the oil the opposite the effect. Most will try and 'lock' the center 500k or heavier, as it transfers power more evenly to the front and rear. The front and rear diffs are very user specific. This lil chart will help with other info diff oil can help with or not.

View attachment 72643
I didn't get a chance to thank you sir. I really appreciate this chart. I'll be sure to save it for future references. ?

Would 20k/500k/20k be something for typhon 6s fully shimmed diffs, mmx 2200, 46t 16pinion I mostly bash, but occasional street fun
? added stuff to my cart

Last edited:
I forget, what diff oils come stock with the V4 Typhon 6s?

Stock is 10k/100k/10k. 20k/500k/20k might be a good start. That’s quite thick in the center but give it a shot and see if it works for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back