Typhon What do I need to build my own "3S Infraction/Felony"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon Mega
  5. Vorteks
I've been toying over the idea of building my RC that would act and perform like Infraction or Felony.

Option 1: Just buy the new Infraction Mega and put a brushless ESC/motor combo in it. It'll run me about $650 Canadian.

Option 2: I have a Typhon 3S and a Big Rock already, and I am thinking about keeping one as my offroad basher, and one as my on-road basher. I made a poll in an Arrma FB Group and the Typhon had the most votes by far to make it on-road only. So I guess I'll stick with that. It has the spoiler and would probably catch less air than the Big Rock.

What parts are needed to make this platform drive like an Infraction or a Felony? What is the proper motor and gearing needed? Do I need shocks and towers from a Limitless even though I'm not looking for top-speed? Sway bars? Obviously Hoons or equivalent.

I've been checking the builds here on the forum, but most point me to speed RCs, which isn't my goal.

GRP 1/8 tires (S3)
If you want the infraction body you will need Front Bumper (Has the body mounts), rear diffuser, Side nerf guards and then you can use the body posts from the Typhon. Keep in mind that you probably won't be able to get a body for quite some time. For shocks, I recommend checking some speedrun threads for some info. You may need the towers because the infraction body won't be able to clear the stock towers. Or you can just cut the body and have the towers poking out.

You said a few different things here so I am trying to read between the lines on what you are actually trying to accomplish.
Limitless parts and honestly most 6s parts do not fit the 3s line.

I believe what you want is to transform your existing 3s model to have on-road handling but not necessarily that infraction/felony body / model exactly?

If you want 50-70 mph on-road handling the 3s Typhon you have is the best option. I would recommend some GRP rubber tires. These come in different rubber compounds for high grip or long life. The S5-S7 tends to be longer life for road use.

Honestly you could start there and see how you like it. Most likely you will want to lower it down some. A cheap way to do this is opening the shocks and putting some fuel tubing over the shock shaft to limit the extension travel.

I believe what you want is to transform your existing 3s model to have on-road handling but not necessarily that infraction/felony body / model exactly?
Yes. I want to see if I can make an on-road basher out of an Arrma 3S platform. I find the larger 6S/8S RCs to be too quick and insane, especially when I have my kids around who drive their own RCs.

If you want 50-70 mph on-road handling the 3s Typhon you have is the best option. I would recommend some GRP rubber tires. These come in different rubber compounds for high grip or long life. The S5-S7 tends to be longer life for road use.
GRP... I'll look those up.

Honestly you could start there and see how you like it. Most likely you will want to lower it down some. A cheap way to do this is opening the shocks and putting some fuel tubing over the shock shaft to limit the extension travel.
I remember seeing the tube trick to lower it. I suppose that is a quicker and cheaper method before looking into new shocks and towers.

@Knightfall I would do it with the typhon as you are starting with 17 mm hex for the wheels. I did similar with one of our Sentons and put HR 17 mm adaptors and Hoons on it, and a ‘72 C10 body slammed to the chassis and a 22 th pinion and on 3 s on a 3200 kv motor it is for sure a mini Infraction type vehicle. It has since been changed back to a short course truck but I was considering going back to a street basher again soon.

I’ll see if I can find a photo on here of it, as I know Ive posted it here before.
Still looking for the C10 truck body pics with the hoons, but here is the same senton chassis with S5 tires and my version of a Cuda Felony LOL. I could have gotten it low if I did the shock shaft fuel line trick
1318A8D4-B3E5-40FB-95D8-013ABF245C81.jpeg

Last edited:
@Knightfall I would do it with the typhon as you are starting with 17 mm hex for the wheels. I did similar with one of our Sentons and put HR 17 mm adaptors and Hoons on it, and a ‘72 C10 body slammed to the chassis and a 22 th pinion and on 3 s on a 3200 kv motor it is for sure a mini Infraction type vehicle.
Adding a higher count pinion adds more top speed and less torque, correct? Is that a similar ratio for the Infraction? I'm not well versed with gearing yet.

Adding a higher count pinion adds more top speed and less torque, correct? Is that a similar ratio for the Infraction? I'm not well versed with gearing yet.
I went two teeth up from the stock 20 tooth on these Sentons. Your BR would have a stock 15 tooth due to the bigger diameter tires and Id have to look at Arrma’s parts pdf for your Typhon but Im assuming its somewhere between a 15 th and an 18 th with those factory buggy 1/8th scale tires.

By going to a 22 th on mine with street tread vs stock short course knobby tires and a 20 th, it barely changed the low end punch and torque if any. Im sure you already know but smaller dia tire equals larger pinion to go equal speed. If I was doing speed runs (im not into) I would do something like a 27 th on this senton chassis and motor/esc combo. As is, the 22 th with the DBoots Hoons is a great 1/10 scale infraction like basher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back