Kraton What do people say about your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trickelitrick

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I always get people asking questions when i take my kraton for a ride and there are some standarcomments / questions i always get
Men always ask: is it running on gasoline?(lol really what?)
Women always say: wow what a nice car how fast is it going? (Yea so now i know what all women like lol)

Anyone else getting similar reactions?

I look for places where I can't get bothered. I mostly don't want to run into anyone or stop what I'm doing to listen to some chooch. My time is so limited.

It's an escape..... a moment of zen.

I'll gladly talk to others that are 100% into it. My RC's always benefit from more knowledge or copying off someone else's found successes.

I do my duty by getting my boys into it and keeping them away from video games.

Hands on... use the tools, learn something about mechanical works of art. Get outside and off the video games.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I prefer running at an RC track - avoiding civilians... LOL But the skate park is soooo much fun. but there, I always draw a crowd of 10 year olds... I think they all ask pretty much the same questions above, plus after a few big air quarter pipe jumps - "How high can you jump it?"

I look for places where I can't get bothered. I mostly don't want to run into anyone or stop what I'm doing to listen to some chooch. My time is so limited.

I'll gladly talk to others that are 100% into it. My RC's always benefit from more knowledge or copying off someone else's found successes.

Hands on... use the tools, learn something about mechanical works of art. Get outside and off the video games.
I hear you about the video games! My Son is either on them or his Ipad. Bought him an electronic drum set, which lasted a month before he lost interest, now the R/C's. We'll see how long he stays interested when it warms up outside!!!

I get the "gas" thing a lot.
I always found that odd as it sounds unlike any gas engine. Ever.

I hear you about the video games! My Son is either on them or his Ipad. Bought him an electronic drum set, which lasted a month before he lost interest, now the R/C's. We'll see how long he stays interested when it warms up outside!!!
I've got the same issues with my boys, more so the 13 year old.
Common theme with kids these days.
Unless you're keeping them active or engaged, they default to the video game, ipads, etc.

RC's are great, they love them, kinda like a real life video game! Plus the added bonus of quality outdoor time with the boys and the mechanical side of things as you guys mentioned.

As for questions, pretty much all those already posted.

this is awesome.

Years ago I sold a Mugen Super Athlete to a guy at work.... I watched him instantly let someone try it out in our parking lot. Smashed it right into a car tire. I looked at him and said..... all you had to do was say no. But I'm glad it's your vehicle now.

Most people that aren't RC savvy really cant comprehend the size of a 1/8 scale RC until they see it in person, then it's a wow that's big, then you run it on 6S and it's a holy F#$@ moment. I once exercised some random dudes greyhound for 10 minutes with the Kraton, the owner though it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Most people that aren't RC savvy really cant comprehend the size of a 1/8 scale RC until they see it in person, then it's a wow that's big, then you run it on 6S and it's a holy F#$@ moment. I once exercised some random dudes greyhound for 10 minutes with the Kraton, the owner though it was the best thing since sliced bread.

That's funny stuff. I had my neighbors Bassett Hound chase my 1/10th buggy around. I had just set it on the ground and hit the throttle when they walked around the corner. The dog is so fat, his belly almost rubs the ground. He took off after the car, pulling the leash out of her hands. So as I am ziggin and zaggin, she's telling me not to let him catch it because he's out to kill that "rabbit". I don't think that dg has run that far in his entire life, but he would not stop. Finally, my battery hit low voltage mode, and the dog caught up. Then he proceeded to shake that "rabbit to death. Several new holes in the body later, and I got my car back. The Kraton would give that dog a heart attack, I have yet to introduce him to it.

That's funny stuff. I had my neighbors Bassett Hound chase my 1/10th buggy around. I had just set it on the ground and hit the throttle when they walked around the corner. The dog is so fat, his belly almost rubs the ground. He took off after the car, pulling the leash out of her hands. So as I am ziggin and zaggin, she's telling me not to let him catch it because he's out to kill that "rabbit". I don't think that dg has run that far in his entire life, but he would not stop. Finally, my battery hit low voltage mode, and the dog caught up. Then he proceeded to shake that "rabbit to death. Several new holes in the body later, and I got my car back. The Kraton would give that dog a heart attack, I have yet to introduce him to it.
that is hilarious. my boxer does the same thing... she is not gentle with my rc's at all. all though it is a lot of fun having her chase them. but if she catches them, she will shred the body and tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back