What do we hope to see in V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
So it seems there is a V3 of the 1/8 line in the works -
Just got an email from tower. The current Talion is going to be discontinued and a new version is coming out. It's going to be "faster" and red. It also is going to cost $20 more and coupon codes will not be allowed on purchasing it. I wonder if all Arrmas are going to follow suit with not allowing coupon codes soon.

So for a Just for Fun topic - what do you expect to see in a V3 of the Typhon/Senton/Kraton/Talion. Will they include a V2 of the Outcast/Nero? What is your wishlist for Future Arrma?

My reply on that other thread -
I guess the V3's are coming out. Wonder what all they will change? Maybe BLX200 system for Kraton / Talion / Outcast, and the Outcast battery tray / chassis guards for all cars? What else will they change? Maybe a decent servo? The current AD15 was good when it was getting fed 7.4v from the BLX180, but with the newer ESC's only having a 6.0v BEC they are slow and weak.

I kind of wish they would make a 2s version of the Senton, with a good 3660 4 pole 4000kv motor, and give it a diet to get it closer to the SCTE / SCT410 weight. Oh, and 12mm hexes. :)
Edit - seeing as Arrma and Hobbywing seem to have an agreement - why not drop the Max10/4000kv/3660 combo in the Senton? The Max10 combo is about $60 cheaper than the Max8/BLX200 / similar to the EZrun150/BLX185. But to run the 2s combo, they would really need to lighten the truck up...

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of red but the V2 red accents had just the right amount. With that, if they put the BLX200 system in the V3, I hope that they change the color of it. I really love the look of the motor of the BLX185. The Outcast battery tray and chassis guards would be awesome as well. I would also be up for upgraded servo mounts and tower to tower braces from the factory. Servo mount I could see possibly happening but the tower to tower brace I see being a long shot.

I would like to see a 2s version of the Senton too, as long as they keep the current one alive as I prefer the 4s/6s systems and the 17mm hexes.

From Tower Hobbies -
**Additional Technical Info Will Be Added When It Becomes Available.**

This is the Arrma 2.4GHz Radio Controlled, Brushless Powered, 1/8 scale
Ready to Run Talion 6S BLX Speed Truggy with Red and Black Body.
**Newly Designed Features Include;**
Aggressive Low-Profile Body with Multi-Element High-Downforce Wing
Low-Profile Wing Mount
Low-Profile dBoots Katar Tires
Wheels Designed for On-Road Speed as well as Offroading
New Shocks with 4mm Shafts
Lower Shock Towers for Less Drag
Larger Radio Box
Shares Battery Tray, Battery Box and adlustable Body Mounts with
the Outcast 6S
Stronger Front Buggy Arms
Stronger Low Cost Front Hubs
Stronger Bulkheads
Stronger Front and Rear Braces
Stiffer Servo Mount
View attachment 11980

So now we know what the V3 will have. Some good looking updates there. 4mm shock shafts, stiffer servo mount bigger battery box + the Outcast parts! Very nice!

From Tower Hobbies -
**Additional Technical Info Will Be Added When It Becomes Available.**

This is the Arrma 2.4GHz Radio Controlled, Brushless Powered, 1/8 scale
Ready to Run Talion 6S BLX Speed Truggy with Red and Black Body.
**Newly Designed Features Include;**
Aggressive Low-Profile Body with Multi-Element High-Downforce Wing
Low-Profile Wing Mount
Low-Profile dBoots Katar Tires
Wheels Designed for On-Road Speed as well as Offroading
New Shocks with 4mm Shafts
Lower Shock Towers for Less Drag
Larger Radio Box
Shares Battery Tray, Battery Box and adlustable Body Mounts with
the Outcast 6S
Stronger Front Buggy Arms
Stronger Low Cost Front Hubs
Stronger Bulkheads
Stronger Front and Rear Braces
Stiffer Servo Mount
View attachment 11980

So now we know what the V3 will have. Some good looking updates there. 4mm shock shafts, stiffer servo mount bigger battery box + the Outcast parts! Very nice!

I also noticed the larger radio box. That will make some people happy on the forum that were complaining about the size of the receiver box. I believe I heard that the radio box was part of the Traxxas/Hobbico lawsuit. If it is, I wonder if the design of it will change at all or if they will keep the design and just make it larger?

Maybe the new 4mm shock shafts will create a cheaper alternative to upgrading the V1 & V2 shocks than the Tekno shocks.

In my opinion, I like the looks of the new Talion over the old one except for the wheels. I never liked the older Talions and I think it was mostly the body design and paint jobs that I didn't like.

It also is going to cost $20 more and coupon codes will not be allowed on purchasing it. I wonder if all Arrmas are going to follow suit with not allowing coupon codes soon.

Wow guys you better snap up these V2's before the new wave comes in. $75 is a BIG deal. THANK YOU TRAXXAS!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back