What do y'all do at your free time? ( If your rc car is dead)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work...Snowboard🏂, golf🏌🏻‍♂️, dj🎉, produce music🎶, bowling🎳, movies🎦....I have a ps4 but never play it. Feel like sitting in front of video games all day makes me non-prodcutive and just...dumb.
Noticed you said you make 🎵🎶🎵🎶.that's cool.i was a DJ for 9 years and enjoyed traveling to other country's doing summer music festivals..I listen and produce E.D.M been to 4 country's and In 2005 I went to Portugal did a 3 day on the beach E.D.M festival.had the time of my life .I was single and had more girls that I could handle.lol produced most of my music in my friends studio .great times . stoped being a DJ when I met my wife and the club life had to go.
Great thing about having more than just one rc is when one goes down and while waiting for parts I just use one of my other ones. I enjoy my boats a lot so gives me a chance to use them .

Attachments

• IMG_20210731_015323303~2.jpg
    IMG_20210731_015323303~2.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Noticed you said you make 🎵🎶🎵🎶.that's cool.i was a DJ for 9 years and enjoyed traveling to other country's doing summer music festivals..I listen and produce E.D.M been to 4 country's and In 2005 I went to Portugal did a 3 day on the beach E.D.M festival.had the time of my life .I was single and had more girls that I could handle.lol produced most of my music in my friends studio .great times . stoped being a DJ when I met my wife and the club life had to go.
I've been doing it for about 25 years on and off. Started back in the late 90's when the rave scene was still awesome. Then in the early 2000's it merged with the jam festival scene. Toured around mostly the eastern part of the country. I used turntables for as long as I could until technology made it obsolete. My setup still replicates a turntable setup so I can have the freedom to "play around"...scratch, beat juggle..etc. I played a lot of house, then bass music for several years now back to house(never really stopped since it was my first passion). DJ weddings as well...easy money! Been using Ableton for several years just as a hobby for making beats. PM me...I could talk about this stuff for hours but don't want to bore people viewing this thread. lol

Last edited:
I've been doing it for about 25 years on and off. Started back in the late 90's when the rave scene was still awesome. Then in the early 2000's it merged with the jam festival scene. Toured around mostly the eastern part of the country. I used turntables for as long as I could until technology made it obsolete. My setup still replicates a turntable setup so I can have the freedom to "play around"...scratch, beat juggle..etc. I played a lot of house, then bass music for several years now back to house(never really stopped since it was my first passion). DJ weddings as well...easy money! Been using Ableton for several years just as a hobby for making beats. PM me...I could talk about this stuff for hours but don't want to bore people viewing this thread. lol

got this several years ago so its kinda faded..

View attachment 265315
That's awesome.your into the same kind of music.electro house was allways one of my favorites.turn tables wow..I had a set of techniques back in 1996 when I was a teenager and I used them at party's .lol I was into freestyle and rap and then faded to techno.then in 2000 techno faded and house .trance and rave took over .just like you enjoyed making xtra money doing school party's and house party's and a few wedding s. Then got older to where I could get into clubs here in the states.been to Avalon's in Boston and a few other clubs there and a few in New York .made money also by selling mix CDs at every function.those were the good ole days .crazy days I must say.funny how back in the day I had so much equipment to lug around and took me a while night before to set up.espeacially my lighting.now a days half that equipment isn't even needed any more .a simple lap top and mixer replaces alot .

That's awesome.your into the same kind of music.electro house was allways one of my favorites.turn tables wow..I had a set of techniques back in 1996 when I was a teenager and I used them at party's .lol I was into freestyle and rap and then faded to techno.then in 2000 techno faded and house .trance and rave took over .just like you enjoyed making xtra money doing school party's and house party's and a few wedding s. Then got older to where I could get into clubs here in the states.been to Avalon's in Boston and a few other clubs there and a few in New York .made money also by selling mix CDs at every function.those were the good ole days .crazy days I must say.funny how back in the day I had so much equipment to lug around and took me a while night before to set up.espeacially my lighting.now a days half that equipment isn't even needed any more .a simple lap top and mixer replaces alot .
My older setup

2314.JPEG

current setup...no needles.

Attachments

• 7112.JPEG
    7112.JPEG
    306.2 KB · Views: 34
My older setup

View attachment 265317

current setup...no needles.
Beautiful..I wish I could show you what I used but pretty much everything I had minus some laser lights I gave to my cousin many many years ago.he now uses 2 lap tops and that's it..does all his mixing on them .it's crazy how technology has got this far.glad your still in the scene.👍

Beautiful..I wish I could show you what I used but pretty much everything I had minus some laser lights I gave to my cousin many many years ago.he now uses 2 lap tops and that's it..does all his mixing on them .it's crazy how technology has got this far.glad your still in the scene.👍
I really miss going to record stores and finding hidden gems, flipping through crates and cases at gigs, getting visual stimulation from seeing a banger no one else has in your case. If i could play without a laptop I would. Been itching to make a house mix lately, Ill shoot you a link when I do. Got asked to headline a small club an hour away in February couple days ago. Don't think I could ever quit completely. But definitely needed some long breaks along the way.

I really miss going to record stores and finding hidden gems, flipping through crates and cases at gigs, getting visual stimulation from seeing a banger no one else has in your case. If i could play without a laptop I would. Been itching to make a house mix lately, Ill shoot you a link when I do. Got asked to headline a small club an hour away in February couple days ago. Don't think I could ever quit completely. But definitely needed some long breaks along the way.
Yeah send me a link I would love to listen to your mix.maybey others here would to.start a thread . probably more in here listen to our kind of music.i know there are a lot of old farts in here but I'm sure there are some that can relate.music has no age limits.🤟😁.I was thinking of making a vid of me doing some speed runs with some EDM in the back ground.but I'll have to wait for the spring time .to cold out now for speed runs fk that . already tryed and 4 minutes into it my trigger finger freezes hahahaha 🥶
I have to figure a way to make a vid with music in the background.some reason when I try to make a vid and try to use music it won't let me.unless the music is actually in the vid from back ground .any one here that knows how let me know plz thanks
Free time? What's that?
It's time that you don't have to pay for😁🤟
I need to buy a go pro camera.hard to do vids with my cheap ass android.almost impossible for me to hold a phone in one hand and a transmitter in the other.i need both hands on it .i tryed using a tri pod but it s not that helpful.i could ask my wife but last time I asked her to do a vid of me using one of my speed boats she was a little slow keeping up.but I was still thankfully she was there to capture the fun I had .

Last edited:
Playing with my RC's, that's my free time. Atm it's my main hobby. Never used to be but it is now. I do a bit of mtbing with my son but that's more his favourite hobby than mine. I am a bit of a green thumb too. Have quite a few indoors. Family and work steal most of my "free" time.

Playing with my RC's, that's my free time. Atm it's my main hobby. Never used to be but it is now. I do a bit of mtbing with my son but that's more his favourite hobby than mine. I am a bit of a green thumb too. Have quite a few indoors. Family and work steal most of my "free" time.
I hear ya.work takes a lot of time away from the things we love to do.

My Senton is dead rn. Motor said bye. So why not start a new thread 🤷🏻. I mostly play video games when my Senton is dead, what do y'all do?
Have you opened up the motor? Maybe it just needs a new set of BB's, if you are lucky. And the Armature is still ok.
BB's are cheaper and easier to source locally perhaps.
Maybe you know this already.:giggle:

I have seventeen or eighteen RC cars, so there is always something to do on one or more of them.
That would be a dream!!!
Have you opened up the motor? Maybe it just needs a new set of BB's, if you are lucky. And the Armature is still ok.
BB's are cheaper and easier to source locally perhaps.
Maybe you know this already.:giggle:
I've made a thread about that and you replied lol. Both bearings where stuck on. Case was damaged. Motor had a burning smell. You told me it's better off get a new motor. That's what I did. It's on the way. I need to wait a month tho.

Last edited:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AvDw5LJYyJAdVQSq9
Not sure if you can watch this vid .let me know if you guys can but my wife tryed lol.i tryed to splash her🤣🤣
Has any one watched my vid?
At the end of the vid I tryed to go full throttle and my lipos cut off .lol it went straight into a bunch of logs on the side.had to jump in and swim 30 feet out to get it .

Now that's unlucky. Is your boat fine tho?
Yeah it was perfectly fine .my lipos cut out because they were already low and it ended up drifting into a pile of logs on the water lol .if I had gone full speed into them then maybe it wouldn't be lol but I got lucky
Yeah it was perfectly fine .my lipos cut out because they were already low and it ended up drifting into a pile of logs on the water lol .if I had gone full speed into them then maybe it wouldn't be lol but I got lucky
Now I have a canoe 🛶 so I just use that to get it if anything happens..this particular kind of boat is self righting.it has a chamber inside the hull on one side that when it flips over it fills up with water and flips the boat over.and now I have lipo alarms that go off when my lipos are low so I have a warning and there is enough juice to bring it back.

Last edited:
That would be a dream!!!

I've made a thread about that and you replied lol. Both bearings where stuck on. Case was damaged. Motor had a burning smell. You told me it's better off get a new motor. That's what I did. It's on the way. I need to wait a month tho.
Got ya. I remember now.
She was toast. Got your moneys worth...(y):giggle:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back