What do y'all do at your free time? ( If your rc car is dead)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing like having a bunch of mustangs and bikes riding together for a trip to our local beach and just showing off our rides ..we have 11 mustangs and 14 bikes in our crew.we spend the mourning cleaning and waxing then go for a spin.trust me when I say you can hear us coming a mile away.sometimes we bring our rc cars and trucks and do some parking lot races..that's what we do here in Rhode island for fun😁🤟

LIfe....

I mentor at-risk men and youth (mostly young men) in/out of prison, so this takes a lot of time.... but the new home build has taken up all my time this year and part of next, I am sure.

RC hobby allows me a break to clear my mind even if it is just wrenching....!
AWESOME!!

LIfe....

I mentor at-risk men and youth (mostly young men) in/out of prison, so this takes a lot of time.... but the new home build has taken up all my time this year and part of next, I am sure.

RC hobby allows me a break to clear my mind even if it is just wrenching....!
That’s amazing. Bless you. And yeah, building a home is like a short term in hell. I hope it goes all well and wraps up for you soon.

Nothing like having a bunch of mustangs and bikes riding together for a trip to our local beach and just showing off our rides ..we have 11 mustangs and 14 bikes in our crew.we spend the mourning cleaning and waxing then go for a spin.trust me when I say you can hear us coming a mile away.sometimes we bring our rc cars and trucks and do some parking lot races..that's what we do here in Rhode island for fun😁🤟
Love fox bodies and I have yet to hear a car that sounds better than a 5 liter Ford with a simple set of flowmasters.

Love fox bodies and I have yet to hear a car that sounds better than a 5 liter Ford with a simple set of flowmasters.
I totally agree.there is no other car that sounds better.5.0 has a beautiful particular sound that only Ford has .if you hear a mustang driving in the distance you know it's a 5.0 without even seeing it..I remember about 20 years ago if you wanted one you could find one almost every where and people were selling them cheap..now I'm lucky to even find one and if I do and if it's for sale they want extremely alot.my freind this past summer bought 1991 cobra and he payed 14,000 that was a steel.mint condition.when we all drive to the local state parks or beaches for car shows the incredible sound of all our mustangs pulling up is breath taking.i get goose bumps every time.awesome feeling.

I totally agree.there is no other car that sounds better.5.0 has a beautiful particular sound that only Ford has .if you hear a mustang driving in the distance you know it's a 5.0 without even seeing it..I remember about 20 years ago if you wanted one you could find one almost every where and people were selling them cheap..now I'm lucky to even find one and if I do and if it's for sale they want extremely alot.my freind this past summer bought 1991 cobra and he payed 14,000 that was a steel.mint condition.when we all drive to the local state parks or beaches for car shows the incredible sound of all our mustangs pulling up is breath taking.i get goose bumps every time.awesome feeling.
I agree & their price will keep climbing. Since they were so cheap & cheap to mod, finding a good example is going to continue to be more difficult. This brings back memories of the old days of slapping on a Gt40 intake & heads, a full exhaust with an X-pipe and thinking you were unstoppable.

Our local Chevy and Dodge guys get to jelly..lol . besides the American muscle cars I do enjoy the sound of a good import coffee can exhaust sound.if it's tuned right.back in the 90s imports / low riders were huge.every one I knew wanted there's slammed to the floor with a huge high rise spoiler and 13" wheels with the lowest pro tire they could find..my first car was a Toyota Corolla GTS twin cam 2 door sports coupe.i payed 2,500 I was 19. I recently just got rid of it because my son started driving and I bought him a car and needed the space in our driveway for his .it was time for me to let her go.😭I had done so much to that car .double exhaust Y pipe with 5" bro speed chrome tips.i made a fiber glass hood scoop with ram air .I had double spoilers and it was dropped.painted it a dark raspberry with black pearl .in the shade it was literally black but when the sun hit it .it was a gourgeous dark deep raspberry burgundy color with flakes.it sat in my drive way for 10 years .just didn't use it and got involved with other things in life.work ,wife,kids,lol so she's gone now.the Toyota Corolla in Japan is not known as a corolla.they call it a tureno and some models come close like the Apex.these cars are rear wheel and are most popular in Japan for being used as the #1 drift body's.2nd most popular would be the Nissan 240sx then the Nissan 300zx.but the tureno will allways be the drift king of all cars.bottom line .if I had sold mine in Japan I would have made a killing .
Our local Chevy and Dodge guys get to jelly..lol . besides the American muscle cars I do enjoy the sound of a good import coffee can exhaust sound.if it's tuned right.back in the 90s imports / low riders were huge.every one I knew wanted there's slammed to the floor with a huge high rise spoiler and 13" wheels with the lowest pro tire they could find..my first car was a Toyota Corolla GTS twin cam 2 door sports coupe.i payed 2,500 I was 19. I recently just got rid of it because my son started driving and I bought him a car and needed the space in our driveway for his .it was time for me to let her go.😭I had done so much to that car .double exhaust Y pipe with 5" bro speed chrome tips.i made a fiber glass hood scoop with ram air .I had double spoilers and it was dropped.painted it a dark raspberry with black pearl .in the shade it was literally black but when the sun hit it .it was a gourgeous dark deep raspberry burgundy color with flakes.it sat in my drive way for 10 years .just didn't use it and got involved with other things in life.work ,wife,kids,lol so she's gone now.the Toyota Corolla in Japan is not known as a corolla.they call it a tureno and some models come close like the Apex.these cars are rear wheel and are most popular in Japan for being used as the #1 drift body's.2nd most popular would be the Nissan 240sx then the Nissan 300zx.but the tureno will allways be the drift king of all cars.bottom line .if I had sold mine in Japan I would have made a killing .
I think I have a few photos in my phone .I'll see if I can post one .but I actually loved that Toyota more than my stang.i reamember spray waxing it pretty much every day tire shine and drive around the parks and allways had a girl in it lol.ahhh the good ole days of being a teen .😁
Wow I actually had a few on my phone still.so after many years just sitting in my drive way she started to fall apart .the paint work around the hood scoop started bubbling up due to rust on the hood .bottom of my doors started rusting..roof started rusting and I did have a cover on it but that got dry and old and removed it then she just sat under the rain / snow and never washed it so it became a eye sore.after having it for 25 suttin years she's gone.good news is I know who has it now and is restoring it.😁I go over to the shop and see how's she's doing.
I agree & their price will keep climbing. Since they were so cheap & cheap to mod, finding a good example is going to continue to be more difficult. This brings back memories of the old days of slapping on a Gt40 intake & heads, a full exhaust with an X-pipe and thinking you were unstoppable.
Ik right.lol

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_132820002.jpg
    IMG_20211127_132820002.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20211127_132745247.jpg
    IMG_20211127_132745247.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20171012_142402.jpg
    20171012_142402.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20211127_132839919_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211127_132839919_HDR.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I wish I had a pic of the rear so you could see the bro speed exhaust tips .they sounded so good.before I put in the GTS twin cam motor in it .it had a sr5 dual carburetor and it had a nice rumble sound to it ..like a little muscle car.lol
You can see in the last picture that I just let it go and stopped caring for it.back in the day before I got married I wouldn't let even dust settle on it .now you can see a weight on the rear deck lid and leaves and dirt from again just not caring.due to life .a married life lol.my mustang is in the garage.i won't let the same thing happen to her ..she's waxed and relaxed

Thanks

Man you hit it on the head! Wow!
I’ve been a realtor/property manager for the last 28 years lol. Until last October that is, when I was rather forced injury retired. Now I’m a home maker and love it 😊

Play with my RC airplanes instead.

I think planes are cool.never owned one but I have a few drones.but I rarely ever use them .our local laws prohibits us from enjoying them.i live near a small air port and anyone within a 5 mile radius can not use any air rc.or a 500 dollar fine is giving.even if I go to a state park I still can't use them.glad your enjoying yours👍😁

Sir.....the sweeties sound ever. I grew up as a teenager/young adult in the 90's and my best friends had one... It's a sound that will never leave me as you stated well! My best friend in Dallas still has his '88 or '89 pony clean in the garage.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back