Kraton What do you all pack in your toolboxes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKPatriots

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
Happy Saturday everyone!! I'd like to start a discussion on what you all carry with you in your "repair toolbox" so that you have tools and spares for when things break during a bashing or racing session. I'm looking for ideas on what I need to get for toolbox I'm putting together.

Here's what I've got so far:
  • Good metric Allen Key set
  • Socket wrench with metric sockets
  • 4 in 1 screwdriver (large and small phillips + large and small flathead)
  • Spare tire for the vehicle I'll be using that day.
  • Spare Servo
  • Jennys RC screw set for your vehicle model(s).
  • Any adapters you need to get your batteries connected to your ESC
  • 4-8 AA batteries
  • Infrared temp gun

What other stuff do you all have in your repairs toolbox?

Wheel nuts!
General easy to replace spares too, like A arms and shock rodends, maybe a wingmount but actually you can drive without a wing lol.
I mean, these aren't always the first thing to break but you're not gonna be doing a diff rebuild in the field, are you? xD

Rigid makes a nice compartmentalized box that has worked well for me.

16144729847338071001132774207238.jpg

Rigid makes a nice compartmentalized box that has worked well for me.

View attachment 129076

That's beautiful!! Now I'm thinking I should go with something like that over a traditional toolbox since I'll want more things in compartments anyway. Can you fit 1/8 scale tires in there? Any idea what model that is? I'm gonna look at that style on HomeDepot.com now.

They make various box sizes - this one is narrow with a clear lid. They do make a roller though, that would store tires. They stack and latch nicely as well. Good luck!

Hex tools (for nuts and screws)
Like Engineer said above another car because who has time to fix stuff lmao
And extra AA batteries. My transmitters die sometimes because I don't take the batteries out when I store them since I'm lazy

I'm using an open toolbag, tools on the side, case of screws and room for batteries, remote, cones and other stuff.
No Allen wrenches, those are awful, I do have some just for those odd angles but hardly ever use them. MIPs stay at home, lost one recently in the field, chinese junk for on the road where I don't deal with threadlock stuff.

Something like this:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-16-in-Open-Tool-Tote/1002920700

I take two cars all tools shock rod ends spare wheels and tyres and hope for the best :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back