Kraton What do you do with your old parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
Interested to find out what others do with old parts that are no longer needed after being upgraded.

Personally, I’ve just packed them away in a box - As RC breakers are so cheap these days, it’s literally killed the second hand market so not sure it’s worth putting them on eBay.

What do you guys do?

Interested to find out what others do with old parts that are no longer needed after being upgraded.

Personally, I’ve just packed them away in a box - As RC breakers are so cheap these days, it’s literally killed the second hand market so not sure it’s worth putting them on eBay.

What do you guys do?
Keep them, unless they are high value like electronics then maybe I will sell.

If you keep all your stock parts you might be able to build another car in the future with some help from kit breakers.

I keep them as it is always nice to have backups just in case. But so far I've accumulated a 20 gallon Rubbermaid tote full and I started filling a box.

Keep them, unless they are high value like electronics then maybe I will sell.

If you keep all your stock parts you might be able to build another car in the future with some help from kit breakers.
That’s a really good idea. Might have a look to see if I can cobble together something

For electronics, I try to sell inexpensively or for just the cost to ship them. For other parts, if a forum member needs them, I send the parts to them for my cost to ship them.

I have like-new stock 3s shocks and stock diffs with Hot Racing aluminum yokes for a Typhon 3s available for a small price. For a Kraton 6s, I have stock steering block assemblies (blocks, bearings, CVD axles, but no pivot balls or pivot all nuts); complete stock rear axle carrier assemblies (carriers, bearings, and stub axles); stock front and rear chassis braces; Copperhead 2 tires and wheels (ran only twice); and more. PM me if you need something for either vehicle.

Common wear and tear items I’ll throw in the spare parts box that I take out with me into the field.

Parts I don’t like or know I won’t need, I’ll line ‘em up nicely for a photo and sell as a single lot.

B49320F8-C376-4FBD-9B85-AD2D3A3B15E4.jpeg

Common wear and tear items I’ll throw in the spare parts box that I take out with me into the field.

Parts I don’t like or know I won’t need, I’ll line ‘em up nicely for a photo and sell as a single lot.

View attachment 212532
The Steering Top plate, having several spares from JennysRC, I repurposed ( and De-anodized ) it as a rear chassis plate installed at the rear of my Stock V4 Kraton Chassis. On the inside. Under the rear Driveshaft. It has kept the chassis from folding ever since I did this. The Steering top plate is nice and thick. Keeps the chassis rear from flexing. Some food for thought, anyone considering this, having spares floating around.
About to do another contest. Though not old parts it's parts I don't need.
I'm also offering @SrC my old XXX-T for just the price of shipping but haven't heard from him yet...HINT HINT @SrC ;):p
PM sent.:cool:

Last edited:
The Steering Top plate, having several spares from JennysRC, I repurposed ( and De-anodized ) it as a rear chassis plate installed at the rear of my Stock V4 Kraton Chassis. On the inside. Under the rear Driveshaft. It has kept the chassis from folding ever since I did this. The Steering top plate is nice and thick. Keeps the chassis rear from flexing. Some food for thought, anyone considering this, having spares floating around.

PM sent.:cool:
Do you have a couple of pictures of how you do this with the top plate?
I’m saving stock/used 3s parts for building a swb typhon of sorts that I can run on the beach or on the wet without stressing. Sometimes I’ll give parts away to somebody in need. I’m just beginning to build up 6s parts.

:). I drilled and countersunk the screws.
Use all the holes in the St. top plate. This will make the stock chassis most rigid at the rear. I placed its position exactly where my other stock chassis' would normally fold/bend. I found this way I did it to be the best orientation. This only works on the V4 chassis. V5 chassis is stamped and fluted at the rear. Won't work with V5.
But it works here. ;) V4 Kraton.

20220418_093850.jpg

20220418_093731.jpg

20220418_095352.jpg

Last edited:
:). I drilled and countersunk the screws.
Use all the holes in the St. top plate. This will make the stock chassis most rigid at the rear. I placed its position exactly where my other stock chassis' would normally fold/bend. I found this way I did it to be the best orientation. This only works on the V4 chassis. V5 chassis is stamped and fluted at the rear. Won't work with V5.
But it works here. ;) V4 Kraton.

View attachment 212653

View attachment 212654

View attachment 212655
Your rear a arm is cracked.

Yeah i keep everything. Even the broken stuff--except for consumables and small parts (bearings, screws, etc). Sometimes it's fun to look back at all the pain and anguish I endured to repair everything. Sometimes, it's fun to look back and see how many of X part broke before I upgraded to part Y. Sometimes it's depressing.

On the rare occasion, i've use them to mend, replace in service parts. And sometimes just for reference about what broke where and how to prevent it in the future. But i don't think I have as long of a list of broken parts as some of the folks here yet.

I will take the plastic parts that I know I won't want to use again to Hobbytown and tell them give them to kids if they need them to repair their cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back