Kraton What do you do with your old parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested to find out what others do with old parts that are no longer needed after being upgraded.

Personally, I’ve just packed them away in a box - As RC breakers are so cheap these days, it’s literally killed the second hand market so not sure it’s worth putting them on eBay.

What do you guys do?
Same

:). I drilled and countersunk the screws.
Use all the holes in the St. top plate. This will make the stock chassis most rigid at the rear. I placed its position exactly where my other stock chassis' would normally fold/bend. I found this way I did it to be the best orientation. This only works on the V4 chassis. V5 chassis is stamped and fluted at the rear. Won't work with V5.
But it works here. ;) V4 Kraton.

View attachment 212653

View attachment 212654

View attachment 212655
Looks like this would work on the earlier versions as well. Clever concept, nice detail too.👍
As for me old parts, yep mostly saved for standby unless it's entirely toast. I keep old fasteners unless the head was stripped, ground down, or bent. I have a few 3s wheels I use as coasters.

20220121_010122.jpg

Keep them, unless they are high value like electronics then maybe I will sell.

If you keep all your stock parts you might be able to build another car in the future with some help from kit breakers.
Same here

I started organizing and consolidating bins full of parts and ended up realizing I had the makings for another complete rig myself last year. Based on a Mojave chassis. Kraton arms. Ended up being a Fireteam less the body as Arrma did recently.
The Steering top plate/Steering assy, having extras from Jennys, the plate never bends or breaks. So I have many and used it as a brace for my Kraton chassis. I considered making a skid plate out of a Steering Top plate for the bottom of my Limitless at the rear.

For electronics, I try to sell inexpensively or for just the cost to ship them. For other parts, if a forum member needs them, I send the parts to them for my cost to ship them.

I have like-new stock 3s shocks and stock diffs with Hot Racing aluminum yokes for a Typhon 3s available for a small price. For a Kraton 6s, I have stock steering block assemblies (blocks, bearings, CVD axles, but no pivot balls or pivot all nuts); complete stock rear axle carrier assemblies (carriers, bearings, and stub axles); stock front and rear chassis braces; Copperhead 2 tires and wheels (ran only twice); and more. PM me if you need something for either vehicle.
How much you wanting for the typhon 3s diffs with the HR yokes?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back