Talion What do you guys think I should go with SRC terrain crushers vs the pro line Badlands 3.8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talion newbie 248

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey guys just building up a tire collection for my talion and got my first set of street tires. I went with the SRC road crushers and I'm fairly impressed with them zipping down the streets and parking lots for speed runs but Im now looking for all terrain tires. SRC seems the way to go but I've been hearing good things about the Badlands 3.8s should I go with those or stick to the SRC terrain crushers.

Definitely the Badlands. The Terrain Crushers don't really have a sidewall, aren't meant for real off-road, and are heavier.

What they said ^

Keep the SRC for street and badlands or Backflip LP for off-road

What ever you do, DO NOT BUY THE BELTED TRENCHERS! They suck really bad. I just had mine out at the park and they were like ice skates in the grass. They spin freely on 4S on asphalt. I can do endless donuts on 4S. They are ridiculously sh!tty.

That said, I can say without a doubt that the ProLine Badlands are as good as you would hope. They are the polar opposite of the Trenchers. Tons of grip and cushion. I have the MX28 versions, but you’ll want the 3.8s instead. Just a note, the 3.8X versions are huge and made for the Xmaxx, so avoid that version.

Lastly, if I were buying tires today, I would be buying the Backflip LPs from the Outcast 4S. They have a great reputation here and will be for sure the next set I buy to replace these overpriced junk ass Belted Trenchers.

Guys at AMain tested a set of belted trenchers on an Arrma Kraton 6s

Powerhobby make a Belted version of the Badlands they call Scorpion. Video below of a guy testing them in an Outcast and he has videos of them on a Kraton.
Screenshot_20191003-135745_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
In the Amain video, did you see when he did the speed run on pavement the tank knocking the rear end was doing at just 49mph?

I went with the Badlands my man at the RC shop tried to steer me towards the terrain crushers but decided to go with prolines this time for my all terrain tire.
What they said ^

Keep the SRC for street and badlands or Backflip LP for off-road
That's what I went with the Badlands.

Those belted trenchers are not a good choice for the Talion. The Talion is supposed to be more of a drivers RC car than the Kraton, and those giant trenchers will most likely ruin the Talions driving characteristics. It needs relatively nimble tires. Badlands (NOT the MX badlands) are great and I run them most of the time but they are the heaviest I would probably go on the Talion. The stock Katars are actually really good, just don't last very long in my experience and once they lose some tread theyre not very grippy. The backflip LPs are probably the ideal all around Talion tire but the badlands have the best availability. It would be fantastic to have a set of katars, road crushers, and badlands/backflips. That would be pretty much all you need unless youre doing legitimate 110mph speed attempts.

Those belted trenchers are not a good choice for the Talion. The Talion is supposed to be more of a drivers RC car than the Kraton, and those giant trenchers will most likely ruin the Talions driving characteristics. It needs relatively nimble tires. Badlands (NOT the MX badlands) are great and I run them most of the time but they are the heaviest I would probably go on the Talion. The stock Katars are actually really good, just don't last very long in my experience and once they lose some tread theyre not very grippy. The backflip LPs are probably the ideal all around Talion tire but the badlands have the best availability. It would be fantastic to have a set of katars, road crushers, and badlands/backflips. That would be pretty much all you need unless youre doing legitimate 110mph speed attempts.

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_200236.jpg
    IMG_20191003_200236.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 71
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back