What do you think about Free USED items?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
So I've got a few items in mind for a giveaway that we need to start sooner rather than later, but @Mr.Duke has recently threw a wrench in my possible idea.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out his post about his battery charger setup.

The setup consists of an ISDT Q6 Plus 300w charger and a 900watt computer power supply. The entire setup is very reasonably priced and would charge nearly anything you'd want.

The only possible issue, and why I'd like to hear from you guys is the power supply is not brand new, but a used power supply. If we was to do a giveaway for a setup like what @Mr.Duke has built, would you guys have any issue receiving a USED item and not something that's brand new as we've normally always done in the past?

No issues here. I'm not going to complain about winning something LOL. If I win, I'm not going to refuse to take delivery on a 2012 Ferrari 458 Italia because it's used and if anyone complains about it being used or refurbished, have them send it to me or @Jerry-rigged!

I have spent over 3k getting ready to race and stuff, I don't care if anything is used if it will help me.

I spent 12 hours at the track yesterday and a bunch of pros help me setup my kraton for racing, will do youtube videos on my setups and I am going to a big race next weekend I will try to get kraton race footage.

I would be excited to win that setup! Call it new, used, refurbished, whatever. I call it awesome.

Free is free. If it's a raffle, still close to free.

Either way, probably just mention it when you list it.

I typically prefer used why I buy, but that's because I'm a cheap SOB when it comes to my hobby. lol!

This.

My Dad used to always say - With Electronics, either they die the first time you plug them in, or in the first 10 minutes. If they last to the one hour mark, chances are they will last almost forever.

That doesn't apply to electronics today.

With environmental regulations they have made electronics with a shelf life now.

Capacitors are now made with something more environmentally friendly and PCb boards too have changed.

Old electronics were bullet proof. Now they burn out over time.

I have an old receiver my mom bought in Japan before I was born and it's a beast. Over 32 years old still works. You will NOT buy a receiver today that will last the same you just can't

Used = recycle and avoid wastage. Save money.
New = business to our hobby industry to sustain and develop new and good product.

I am ok with used as far as it is in good quality and will also buy new.

I have spent over 3k getting ready to race and stuff, I don't care if anything is used if it will help me.

I spent 12 hours at the track yesterday and a bunch of pros help me setup my kraton for racing, will do youtube videos on my setups and I am going to a big race next weekend I will try to get kraton race footage.
Would like to see race footage if available?

So I've got a few items in mind for a giveaway that we need to start sooner rather than later, but @Mr.Duke has recently threw a wrench in my possible idea.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out his post about his battery charger setup.

The setup consists of an ISDT Q6 Plus 300w charger and a 900watt computer power supply. The entire setup is very reasonably priced and would charge nearly anything you'd want.

The only possible issue, and why I'd like to hear from you guys is the power supply is not brand new, but a used power supply. If we was to do a giveaway for a setup like what @Mr.Duke has built, would you guys have any issue receiving a USED item and not something that's brand new as we've normally always done in the past?
Not a problem we trust you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back