Infraction What does everyone think of the 3S Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Megas are 100% to Children. You can see by Body also.
NIHM cars are always for Children. Or Very new Beginners.

This new 3s will be a fun outside Drifter.
I will buy one when it comes at sale for 350.

Just install hard plastic drift wheels and 2s lipo. Drifting outside is fun.
This got the rigt size , it is like 1/9

real 1/8 is too big and heavy
real 1/10 is too light weight
i put this in the 1/9 skale. I believe it will be fun.
The Brown body looks good.

find adapters like these
https://www.amazon.com/DuraTrax-Aluminum-Wheel-Adapter-ARRMA/dp/B07G5KSH4B

and cheap drift wheels
https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Access...rds=drift+wheels&qid=1656610363&sr=8-151&th=1

then you can some days have stock wheels drive it 3s also bashing att smal parking alot

plastic little toy, i will buy it to 14year old relative if its cheap

this is nothing to grown up men.

6s Infraction is great for speed, and if you want a bulletproof rig you can have 6s infraction , drive it 4s, last forever
+1
I approve this message.:LOL:

Can you fit that body on a 6s infraction?

No

buy one clear infraction body and paint it how you like it.
Now they have release the DESTROYER Mustang Ken Block Mustang body

DESTROYER-Foto-Blocco-MusoFlat-1.jpg

DESTROYER-ARRMA-Foto-Blocco-Verniciatura-2.jpg

DESTROYER-ARRMA-Gallery-05-Lightbox.jpg

the Megas are 100% to Children. You can see by Body also.
NIHM cars are always for Children. Or Very new Beginners.

This new 3s will be a fun outside Drifter.
I will buy one when it comes at sale for 350.

Just install hard plastic drift wheels and 2s lipo. Drifting outside is fun.
This got the rigt size , it is like 1/9

real 1/8 is too big and heavy
real 1/10 is too light weight
i put this in the 1/9 skale. I believe it will be fun.
The Brown body looks good.

find adapters like these
https://www.amazon.com/DuraTrax-Aluminum-Wheel-Adapter-ARRMA/dp/B07G5KSH4B

and cheap drift wheels
https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Accessories-Smooth-Drift-Wheels/dp/B089ZP6ZYJ/ref=sr_1_151?keywords=drift+wheels&qid=1656610363&sr=8-151&th=1

then you can some days have stock wheels drive it 3s also bashing att smal parking alot
Agree. Just don't understand why many don't just get a LIM Roller at $400. Less with a discount code.:unsure: Those getting a Vendetta or the 3s Infr. are going to get or Change out the ESC and motor to a new one anyway. Just Get a Lim and the electrics of your choice. So much more bang for the buck. A way much better supported platform.
I think many are just buying because of the Body??? And have no clue what is really under the hood. A basic 4x4 platform with a few tweaks. And still BS 4x4 limited adjustability. The money (HH) making 4x4 platform has been whored out too many times into different models, that it is not really of any solid $Value$. Many can't get out of their 4x4 comfort zone. The many 4x4 models are just shoehorned. 6s not as much. With a different chassis for the Allroad 1/7 scale line.
Just my opinion. One of many here..

Last edited:
Where can I find one of these discount codes?
I think he meant when on sale. They were on sale a month or so ago for $299.99.

I think he meant when on sale. They were on sale a month or so ago for $299.99.
Yeah what I was referring to. Lim at $300. And even MSRP $400. now, is a no brainer.
Once you unbox a Lim, only then will your realize what U got....your moneys worth.

Pretty much...this is essentially just a RTR version of what everybody has been doing with the Infraction Mega since it was released. I think a solid 75% of Infraction Megas out there are probably even running Vendetta electronics.

They should have done it from the start IMO. The brushed Mega electronics are fine for a light-duty 2wd vehicle (Voltage), but the Infraction Mega burns through those stock 9t motors quickly, and though it's a little surprising how fast it is on 2s with a brushed system in in, the truck is just too heavy and grippy for that setup. I'm not sad about having my mega and converting it, as I've had it for the better part of a year, and though it's still just a 3s truck (4s capable, but I've never run 4s in it), it's got superior electronics to the new BLX release. Sure, it cost me more in the long run to build it, but at the time that was the option. I do like the body colors of the new 3s lineup though, I might pick up a body when they hit Jenny's.

*RANT ALERT*

As far as having its place compared to a 6s, they obviously do, and how arrogant, self-important, narrow-minded, and frankly just stupid it is to assume otherwise, or that it's only for children. This is just one example of MANY scenarios; ours gets driven in front of our house on the streets of our neighborhood by me and\or my daughter when we don't have the time or desire to break out the 6s rig and go to an appropriate open space to run it. I would never drive my 6s cars full bore through my neighborhood streets, for several reasons including respect for my neighbors, but the 3s cars really don't present much of a problem doing so, especially with the throttle dialed back so my daughter can handle it, and the smaller physical size of the car makes it more nimble to handle within that space. Then you factor in the fact that they cost $200 less, batteries are cheaper, they're easier for beginners to learn how to maintain, they take up less space to store and need less space to run, replacement parts are cheaper, and they're plenty fast enough for just hooning around...only a complete and utterly incompetent fool would presume 6s is the only option and that nothing else can be fun. My frustration might seem unwarranted or come across as an overreaction, but I'm so tired of people constantly telling new members, many of whom are completely new to the hobby, to just get rid of their Granite and buy a 6s car when they're asking about the 3s lineup...this same kind of s*** happens all the time in the 1:1 world, and it drives people away from the hobby, because it destroys the community mindset. You people who do that (I won't call you out by name, you know who you are) need to shut your mouths and open your ears every now and then and look beyond the end of your noses; realize that people with desires, needs, budgets, and skill levels aside from your own exist.
Fully agree with your rant. It’s a self centered elitist thing that makes me sick. The need to insult and downgrade others interests because they don’t ‘measure up’ to your own…I do not understand the need to do this nor want to.

Love it! There is a time when I want to drive 3s and nothing else. I think the 3s might even be more fun than the 6s. The 6s weight is a massive tire killer. 5 minutes of senseless fun spinning and racing with the 6s Infraction can seriously reduce tire life. Very expensive - the 6s - when you calculate cost per minute of driving without breaking anything. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

For all of you wanting an Infraction 3s roller, the Mega pretty much is that. At Tower it’s currently 179$, making it 220$ cheaper than the blx. For $220, since I already have a DX5C radio, I can get an esc and motor to meet or exceed that in the blx version. I was thinking of adding the Mamba X w/ 1512- 2650kv motor combo. I do like the new body colors, might keep those on my Christmas wishlist.
That’s the way to go!!

For all of you wanting an Infraction 3s roller, the Mega pretty much is that. At Tower it’s currently 179$, making it 220$ cheaper than the blx. For $220, since I already have a DX5C radio, I can get an esc and motor to meet or exceed that in the blx version. I was thinking of adding the Mamba X w/ 1512- 2650kv motor combo. I do like the new body colors, might keep those on my Christmas wishlist.

FWIW, the Mega comes with the SLT3/SLR300 receiver so you will need a DSMR compatible receiver to use your DX5C. Also, the motor plate on the Mega is plastic while it's aluminum on the 3S BLX version. So a couple of minor upgrades needed besides the motor/ESC.

Oh I’m in love 😍
ME TO

i need one now

Limitless is best buy. alot car for the money.
Combos you can find cheap at jennys or secondhand

Anyways i like to do some outside drifting too, and then the 1/7s are too heavy and wheels are too pricey.

Light weight 3s infraction will do the drifting well i think on 2s and hardplastic wheels, 1/10 are to smal and have not enough ground clearence outside with some smaller stones. This has also covered spurgear, this is important too

when they have this 3s infraction 350 at sale i pick one.
i don't pay 400 for this plastic toy

What do you all think of the new infraction 3s?

I feel like this should have been the original release not to have put a brushed system in it. I probably would have bought one of these a long time ago but I don't see these selling much better than the mega trucks. My local shops have had the same 2 sitting on the shevles for atleast 6+ months.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back