Infraction What does everyone think of the 3S Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exacta-mundo! I'm a SC durt track runner and basher. At the current time I am not interested in speed running 100mph.....so the 4s would be perfect for my situation. I'm 47 but act like I'm 17, so according to rccar4life this is perfect for me!! Thanks @rccar4life ... you da man for pointing out the age range for these! 👍 🤣✌️ And I'm a sensitive little guy with small girly hands, so not being a "man's man" this is perfect for me! 🤣😂:LOL::cool::p
Dude you couldn't even pickup a 6s with them girly hands!! Man up!! :ROFLMAO:

This hobby is about bringing out your inner child that's the beauty of it. You get to do it how you want to do it.
These are the same people who need a lifted F250 on 37s or the flashiest car. The 3s and 6s cars are two different animals. I love my Notorious but I don't really drive it much because its huge and most of the time im only driving in front of my suburban home. The 3s cars gets way more stick time if I'm doing street bashing in the neighborhood. My 3s rarely breaks anything if it stays on pavement so I think the 3s infraction will have no problem being mostly bulletproof.
Gatta compensate somehow!!! Need something big to counter balance the small :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 226750

😵‍💫…Lol… we’ll that ship has sailed for me🤣.. buys roller throws 6s system in it, new release drops..😂

I’ll take a shell tho👍
I really like the blue one, but I will say if I ever had the mega and now 3s I would need a splitter on the front, it looks empty without one I feel like

Dude you couldn't even pickup a 6s with them girly hands!! Man up!! :ROFLMAO:

This hobby is about bringing out your inner child that's the beauty of it. You get to do it how you want to do it.

Gatta compensate somehow!!! Need something big to counter balance the small :ROFLMAO:

I really like the blue one, but I will say if I ever had the mega and now 3s I would need a splitter on the front, it looks empty without one I feel like
Lol...right....gotta have my kids help me carry my Noto6s around! :ROFLMAO:

It was bound to happen. I just feel sorry for all the folks that bought megas with the purpose of converting them to brushless and then had to shell out more money to do so. Almost like it was a strategic plan by Horizon to dump a bunch of Infraction megas.
Meh, they did the same with the Granite. They Release the MEGA about a year before the BLX3s version. I was not offended at all, and had fun making my own brushless Granite.

My guess is they will keep the MEGA Infraction, just as an entry level price point RC. We (hard core hobbyists) are not the target market, so they don't care if we like it.

Meh, they did the same with the Granite. They Release the MEGA about a year before the BLX3s version. I was not offended at all, and had fun making my own brushless Granite.

My guess is they will keep the MEGA Infraction, just as an entry level price point RC. We (hard core hobbyists) are not the target market, so they don't care if we like it.
An entry-level car that has most everything except the motor and ESC is a good thing. That’s what got me into the hobby, a mega granite. It’s also what developed my love of wrenching. Well, that and the Voltage. Which is far more of a true ‘entry level’ RC.
I would need a splitter on the front, it looks empty without one I feel like
A 3D printed splitter is around 11 bucks on eBay. Unless you want a fillet knife style aluminum or carbon fiber one.

Isn't this just a Vendetta with a different body?

Pretty much...this is essentially just a RTR version of what everybody has been doing with the Infraction Mega since it was released. I think a solid 75% of Infraction Megas out there are probably even running Vendetta electronics.

They should have done it from the start IMO. The brushed Mega electronics are fine for a light-duty 2wd vehicle (Voltage), but the Infraction Mega burns through those stock 9t motors quickly, and though it's a little surprising how fast it is on 2s with a brushed system in in, the truck is just too heavy and grippy for that setup. I'm not sad about having my mega and converting it, as I've had it for the better part of a year, and though it's still just a 3s truck (4s capable, but I've never run 4s in it), it's got superior electronics to the new BLX release. Sure, it cost me more in the long run to build it, but at the time that was the option. I do like the body colors of the new 3s lineup though, I might pick up a body when they hit Jenny's.

*RANT ALERT*

As far as having its place compared to a 6s, they obviously do, and how arrogant, self-important, narrow-minded, and frankly just stupid it is to assume otherwise, or that it's only for children. This is just one example of MANY scenarios; ours gets driven in front of our house on the streets of our neighborhood by me and\or my daughter when we don't have the time or desire to break out the 6s rig and go to an appropriate open space to run it. I would never drive my 6s cars full bore through my neighborhood streets, for several reasons including respect for my neighbors, but the 3s cars really don't present much of a problem doing so, especially with the throttle dialed back so my daughter can handle it, and the smaller physical size of the car makes it more nimble to handle within that space. Then you factor in the fact that they cost $200 less, batteries are cheaper, they're easier for beginners to learn how to maintain, they take up less space to store and need less space to run, replacement parts are cheaper, and they're plenty fast enough for just hooning around...only a complete and utterly incompetent fool would presume 6s is the only option and that nothing else can be fun. My frustration might seem unwarranted or come across as an overreaction, but I'm so tired of people constantly telling new members, many of whom are completely new to the hobby, to just get rid of their Granite and buy a 6s car when they're asking about the 3s lineup...this same kind of s*** happens all the time in the 1:1 world, and it drives people away from the hobby, because it destroys the community mindset. You people who do that (I won't call you out by name, you know who you are) need to shut your mouths and open your ears every now and then and look beyond the end of your noses; realize that people with desires, needs, budgets, and skill levels aside from your own exist.

Pretty much...this is essentially just a RTR version of what everybody has been doing with the Infraction Mega since it was released. I think a solid 75% of Infraction Megas out there are probably even running Vendetta electronics.

They should have done it from the start IMO. The brushed Mega electronics are fine for a light-duty 2wd vehicle (Voltage), but the Infraction Mega burns through those stock 9t motors quickly, and though it's a little surprising how fast it is on 2s with a brushed system in in, the truck is just too heavy and grippy for that setup. I'm not sad about having my mega and converting it, as I've had it for the better part of a year, and though it's still just a 3s truck (4s capable, but I've never run 4s in it), it's got superior electronics to the new BLX release. Sure, it cost me more in the long run to build it, but at the time that was the option. I do like the body colors of the new 3s lineup though, I might pick up a body when they hit Jenny's.

*RANT ALERT*

As far as having its place compared to a 6s, they obviously do, and how arrogant, self-important, narrow-minded, and frankly just stupid it is to assume otherwise, or that it's only for children. This is just one example of MANY scenarios; ours gets driven in front of our house on the streets of our neighborhood by me and\or my daughter when we don't have the time or desire to break out the 6s rig and go to an appropriate open space to run it. I would never drive my 6s cars full bore through my neighborhood streets, for several reasons including respect for my neighbors, but the 3s cars really don't present much of a problem doing so, especially with the throttle dialed back so my daughter can handle it, and the smaller physical size of the car makes it more nimble to handle within that space. Then you factor in the fact that they cost $200 less, batteries are cheaper, they're easier for beginners to learn how to maintain, they take up less space to store and need less space to run, replacement parts are cheaper, and they're plenty fast enough for just hooning around...only a complete and utterly incompetent fool would presume 6s is the only option and that nothing else can be fun. My frustration might seem unwarranted or come across as an overreaction, but I'm so tired of people constantly telling new members, many of whom are completely new to the hobby, to just get rid of their Granite and buy a 6s car when they're asking about the 3s lineup...this same kind of s*** happens all the time in the 1:1 world, and it drives people away from the hobby, because it destroys the community mindset. You people who do that (I won't call you out by name, you know who you are) need to shut your mouths and open your ears every now and then and look beyond the end of your noses; realize that people with desires, needs, budgets, and skill levels aside from your own exist.

I resonate with the same saying from the 1:1 car world. "id rather drive a slow car, fast, than a fast car, slow."

i get more joy out of running my 3s car on 3s or even 2s in front of my house than trying to run my 6s car on 6s even turned down.
Id rather drive a miata to its limits than own a porsche for 100x costs and not be able to get 50% of the capability out of it.

*RANT ALERT*

I believe the person that said they are for children also just made a "hi I'm new" thread and posted that he bought half a dozen cars as a start in the hobby.

Unless it's dangerous I really don't care what other people do or have and have never understood why people need to make everything a peepee measuring contest.

The roof top tent argument in my business is similarly galvanizing. Just because someone doesn't like something they announce that it is a crap product and anyone that buys it is stupid.

People need to grow up and stop trash talking from behind their computer screens, it's a hobby, people will enjoy the same hobby differently, it's called being an individual.

I believe the person that said they are for children also just made a "hi I'm new" thread and posted that he bought half a dozen cars as a start in the hobby.

Unless it's dangerous I really don't care what other people do or have and have never understood why people need to make everything a peepee measuring contest.

The roof top tent argument in my business is similarly galvanizing. Just because someone doesn't like something they announce that it is a crap product and anyone that buys it is stupid.

People need to grow up and stop trash talking from behind their computer screens, it's a hobby, people will enjoy the same hobby differently, it's called being an individual.
It's really strange to me how prevalent it is everywhere. A growing trend, I'm going to say "in my area" but I kind of assume it's across the US at least if not the world, is for people to have 4wd trucks or SUV's with all sorts of goodies on them...lift kits, beadlocks, overland tents, light bars, onboard air, etc, and just from looking at the truck and talking to the individual, you can tell it's never so much as been down a dirt road or even to a State Park campground, yet it's kitted to trek across the harshest terrain. Some people just like the style and have no plans to actually adopt the lifestyle that goes along with it...and so what? But there are many guys in my local 1:1 circle who laugh at them, calling them posers, and generally just insulting them...I don't get why they care. They're spending their own money on something that they like that makes them happy...good for them. Just because I wouldn't do something or enjoy something myself, doesn't mean that it holds no value to someone else, and it doesn't mean that they're "wrong" or that I'm "right."

Don’t know if there is a thread yet, but I saw it and bought mine.
Pics

Attachments

• 813412A4-8D1D-4279-900A-633104CD5642.jpeg
    813412A4-8D1D-4279-900A-633104CD5642.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 56
  • B11D0F18-94B0-4EEF-81FD-DF504B16F667.jpeg
    B11D0F18-94B0-4EEF-81FD-DF504B16F667.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 68
Well on a positive note the body colors look nice. Overall for me it’s kinda meh. Same stuff new colors and if you are a spektrum electronics guy maybe it makes sense. Would have liked to see it in a roller setup as well giving people more options to custom tune to their liking. Had an upgraded mega and traded up to the 6s infraction after about 3-4 months. It is nice to see more new releases from Arrma.

You’re doing it wrong 🤣🤘🏻
I have broken enough things when I first got it to understand and stay within its limits. Haha. Needless to say, I don't jump it anymore unless its at TARCAR...and even then I still manage to pull shock lowers and axles.

Last edited:
Odds are that there will always be at least 4 threads about every new car.

Finally some bodies that don't look like they were painted by a 4 year old.

I bought a vendetta (what this exactly is lets face it)
and an infraction mega ( now 4s ) and a 6s infraction.
it’ll be nice to have a slower 70-80mph car once I build it to spektrum 4s.
has anyone else’s infraction mega speed builds been crazy unstable and snappy? Wondering.

For all of you wanting an Infraction 3s roller, the Mega pretty much is that. At Tower it’s currently 179$, making it 220$ cheaper than the blx. For $220, since I already have a DX5C radio, I can get an esc and motor to meet or exceed that in the blx version. I was thinking of adding the Mamba X w/ 1512- 2650kv motor combo. I do like the new body colors, might keep those on my Christmas wishlist.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back