Granite What does everyone use to clean after a day of bashing in the dirt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
I just bought a new ARRMA Granite 4X4 and I just wanted to get some feedback on what everyone uses to clean up there trucks after a muddy bashing? Also, since this is my first ARRMA RC 4X4 Truck. what all maintenances should be done to it ?

Thanks,
FLSharkvictim

Bay Head Bash.jpg

I just bought a new ARRMA Granite 4X4 and I just wanted to get some feedback on what everyone uses to clean up there trucks after a muddy bashing? Also, since this is my first ARRMA RC 4X4 Truck. what all maintenances should be done to it ?

Thanks,
FLSharkvictim

View attachment 42055

As far as your starting maintainance goes.. Check out your owners manual.. It tells you what to do and when to do it..

I just tried to take off the wheel from the hex and put it back on but it's still riding the same!
I will have to take it into my LHS and see what they have to say! I will keep ya posted on what damage if any that I did to this amazing pcs of a machine!

I just tried to take off the wheel from the hex and put it back on but it's still riding the same!
I will have to take it into my LHS and see what they have to say! I will keep ya posted on what damage if any that I did to this amazing pcs of a machine!

If you took of the front left and didnt notice anything that wasnt obvious..
I think you should take of both front wheels.. And just compare both sides part by part..

Youll figure it out eventually that way.. Wrenching is part of the hobby.. Just try it.. Cant keep running back to your LHS with every problem right.. Get to know that truck..

You might even start to like the wrenching ;)

I need help i am planning to get the Granite Box 4x4 what will I need? Like a charger and a battery could I get a link or a part number of something thanks

Thanks,
FLSharkvictim

View attachment 42055

Water won't hurt. Just remove the battery and hose it down avoiding the ESC. Dry it with compressed air or at least allow it overnight time before you hook it up again.
edit: in South FL with sticky salt air I think it would be important to wash it regularly and keep your bearings+ oiled. You'll find lots of helpful info here. Stock screws will rust so worth even spraying down with WD40 after a cleaning. ?

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/my-new-cleaning-solution-that-works.9280/

Water won't hurt. Just remove the battery and hose it down avoiding the ESC. Dry it with compressed air or at least allow it overnight time before you hook it up again.
edit: in South FL with sticky salt air I think it would be important to wash it regularly and keep your bearings+ oiled. You'll find lots of helpful info here. Stock screws will rust so worth even spraying down with WD40 after a cleaning. ?

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/my-new-cleaning-solution-that-works.9280/

You are 100% correct with the Bearing which will be my first upgrade! I will be buying a set of nice Arrma Granite BLS Ceramic Rubber Sealed Bearing Kit from Team Fast Eddy. I added the link below incase other folks would like to do the upgrade. It's like comparing apples to Oranges with your stock bearing to the Fast Eddy ones (TRUST ME). My friend has a pair on his RC truck and WOW! This is the set I will be upgrading to for my Granite 4X4!!!!!

Fast Eddy Bearings for the Grainte

I use Little WD40, i spray all over this, then i just wash out with water.
All my Electric cars is Waterproof.

After i use little more WD40. quick spray, then i use Microfiber and wipe the Car dry.
I let everything dry 8-12h night time after this.
Newer any problems.
Clean nice cars, They shine like new and run well

I like WD40
i also clean my ATV/Quad with WD40
You can buy like me One Gallon cheap if you Search.
Then i just Fill and use manual cheap Supermarket spray bottle.

WD40 wash very good everything almost.
And also protect electric and other things .

I love it

Here is a short video I made at my local little skate park last week! I went to a local skate park that has a really cool bowl available that's a lot of fun to drive your #ARRMA in! Please bear with me since this was my first time at the skate park and my first video but it came out pretty decent in my opinion. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on the video below and make sure you subscribe to my new channel :)
I just ordered 2 sets of the Duratrax Banditos Street tires which should really hook up in this cement bowl.

You are 100% correct with the Bearing which will be my first upgrade! I will be buying a set of nice Arrma Granite BLS Ceramic Rubber Sealed Bearing Kit from Team Fast Eddy. I added the link below incase other folks would like to do the upgrade. It's like comparing apples to Oranges with your stock bearing to the Fast Eddy ones (TRUST ME). My friend has a pair on his RC truck and WOW! This is the set I will be upgrading to for my Granite 4X4!!!!!

Fast Eddy Bearings for the Grainte

View attachment 42174
A bit overkill lol

And the kit you linked is for the Granite 2wd not the 4wd you want this https://www.fasteddybearings.com/arrma-granite-mega-4x4-ceramic-sealed-bearing-kit/

Con on man it's that was my first vid and session!!! What were you expecting me jumping 15ft in the bowl and landing them? lol
The only reason why I posted b.c I could not find any videos of bowl riding.
Cheers from FL :)
No I meant the ceramic bearings, not really needed in a basher, but nice to have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back