Typhon What does name Typhon mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slava1987

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Vorteks
Hello, comrades. I suppose there should be some introduction before I ask the question. I'm from Russia and there are a lot of Arrma owners. Most of us are really pleased by rc products of this brand. Some time before we had a quarrel about correct meaning of names of Arrma RC cars especially name "Typhon". We found out there are two main meanings of the word "Typhon". First one is equation to the word "Typhoon" and the second one is some of mythical serpent called "Typhon". It is obvious that after this revelation our community was splitted in a half. I personally sure that it must be equivalent of the word "Typhoon" because it's about rush, velocity and Arrma itself. Could you help us to know the real meaning of the name of Arrma Typhon.
Thank you in advance and sorry for my intricate story.

Hello, comrades. I suppose there should be some introduction before I ask the question. I'm from Russia and there are a lot of Arrma owners. Most of us are really pleased by rc products of this brand. Some time before we had a quarrel about correct meaning of names of Arrma RC cars especially name "Typhon". We found out there are two main meanings of the word "Typhon". First one is equation to the word "Typhoon" and the second one is some of mythical serpent called "Typhon". It is obvious that after this revelation our community was splitted in a half. I personally sure that it must be equivalent of the word "Typhoon" because it's about rush, velocity and Arrma itself. Could you help us to know the real meaning of the name of Arrma Typhon.
Thank you in advance and sorry for my intricate story.
I am guessing some reference to water and boats with the outcast (possible reference to a boat) kraton (kraken) and the typhon. tbh I do not know if they wanted a real word or a word they make up which reminds us of a real word (or two). Pokemon does the same thing with the pokemon names (for once my card collection seems a little more useful).

IMO geology theme is strong in Arrma naming: Kraton, Granite and Big Rock all follow it. No reason not to add a mythical Greek entity responsible for the volcanic activity to the list.

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe Typhon is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

ReliableDemandingIchneumonfly-max-1mb.gif

It surprises me that you, as a Russian, didn't think about the Typhoon (Akula) class submarines

Thank you all a lot. Despite my wrongness I'm very appreciate your responds.
It surprises me that you, as a Russian, didn't think about the Typhoon (Akula) class submarines
Really, there wasn't any shadow of the military during our discussion.

Aren't they being sold to be used for stuff like submarine-freight ships?
According to the Wiki there is nothing in common with freight... To be honest I'm not in this theme.

Last edited:
It's Greek for "slow Python"

:unsure: Jeez, I thought it was a portmanteau of "tampon" and "typo", because that just makes sense. 🤷‍♂️

Back