What dumb mistakes have you made working on RCs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot about this one

1670864548197.png

Years ago, running my gas 5T in a park, it suddenly disappeared from my eyes. Ran over to find a cover off a 8ft. deep sewer drain hole. Truck was sitting at bottom right side up and still running. Luckily no sewer in the drain. I also super glued fingers together as a test to see how long the part would need to cure...About 2 seconds!

Years ago, running my gas 5T in a park, it suddenly disappeared from my eyes. Ran over to find a cover off a 8ft. deep sewer drain hole. Truck was sitting at bottom right side up and still running. Luckily no sewer in the drain. I also super glued fingers together as a test to see how long the part would need to cure...About 2 seconds!
The first time I glued tires, I glued my pinky to my thumb.

Glad I'm not the only one!!😅 Actually watched @ARRMA-GET’M do a qs8 soldering tutorial vid where he forgot to put the cap thingy on too, really made me feel better about my "skills"😁
Oh my gawd that happens to me at least once every solder job lol!
The first time I glued tires, I glued my pinky to my thumb.
Yoooo…, I once got the ZAP (1second) glue directly on my eye ball! The rubber tire slipped from under my thumb and it splashed the ZAP glue onto my eye and my first instinct was to pull my eye lids wide open! But it was still on my eye and felt like sand paper! I was rushed to a near by clinic where they had COLD honey in their fridge and used a spoon to pour the cold honey directly onto my eye ball and then close my eye lids and the nurse massaged the honey all around my eye ball and it even went behind my eye and it felt really good considering the seriousness of the accident. We did the honey thing about 4 times, each time squeezing the honey out of my eye socket and repeating the sequence. It sounded like macaroni and it extracted the ZAP glue away..

My vision was foggy for 2-3 days. GUYS…… PLEAZE keep the teddy bear honey in your fridge and one in your tool/travel RC Taco box! It will save your eye!!!
Is that the 6mm loom?
Like JohnnyB in a similar way

Drove 1hr to a friend's house and left all the RC bodies at home in my garage!
He’ll nahhhh thats a long distance relationship if you ask me lol

Last edited:
Oh my gawd that happens to me at least once every solder job lol!

Yoooo…, I once got the ZAP (1second) glue directly on my eye ball! The rubber tire slipped from under my thumb and it splashed the ZAP glue onto my eye and my first instinct was to pull my eye lids wide open! But it was still on my eye and felt like sand paper! I was rushed to a near by clinic where they had COLD honey in their fridge and used a spoon to pour the cold honey directly onto my eye ball and then close my eye lids and the nurse massaged the honey all around my eye ball and it even went behind my eye and it felt really good considering the seriousness of the accident. We did the honey thing about 4 times, each time squeezing the honey out of my eye socket and repeating the sequence. It sounded like macaroni and it extracted the ZAP glue away..

My vision was foggy for 2-3 days. GUYS…… PLEAZE keep the teddy bear honey in your fridge and one in your tool/travel RC Taco box! It will save your eye!!!

Is that the 6mm loom?

He’ll nahhhh thats a long distance relationship if you ask me lol

It was listed as 1/4" which is a touch over 6mm.

OMG, that's no joke. Glad you're OK.

Although I almost stabbed my eyeball with a screw driver changing a bicycle tire. I ended up with just a scratch on my cheek (about 1" below my eye) and was totally OK with that. I'm glad I don't look like this. ;)

Last edited:
I don't make dumb mistakes while working on RCs....

I intuitively plot a string of well considered and thoughtlessly constructed happy accidents that simultaneously hide a deeper understanding while highlighting the oblivious nature of my plodding and prodding.

This leads to wondrous outings after I've toiled to get my vehicle ready for several days, zipping up and down the street once in either direction, only to watch as two of my wheels continue on their path as I hit the brakes having forgotten that I'd only been hand tightening the hex nuts the past couple of days and failing to go through my usual "pre-flight checks" before putting her down on the asphalt.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

I intuitively plot a string of well considered and thoughtlessly constructed happy accidents that simultaneously hide a deeper understanding while highlighting the oblivious nature of my plodding and prodding.

This leads to wondrous outings after I've toiled to get my vehicle ready for several days, zipping up and down the street once in either direction, only to watch as two of my wheels continue on their path as I hit the brakes having forgotten that I'd only been hand tightening the hex nuts the past couple of days and failing to go through my usual "pre-flight checks" before putting her down on the asphalt.
LOL, that's a classic.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals
😂😂😂

the Ftx Tracer is splashproof, but I put a piece of stockings to not let the snow in and the Vorteks is waterproof but dusty cover too.

I realised now, but I still leave my answer 🤦‍♂️
The waterproof was a joke, I think the mistake was with your Wife. :unsure:

I hope that turned out OK, they can be ... fussy sometimes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back