What else do we all do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Maintenance/Equipment Engineer at a commercial solar panel manufacturer and have almost no hobbies with a wife and 3 kids. Haha. Mostly just try to keep my head above water with all of the house projects and kids events. I would say my most consistent hobby is drinking craft beers. Cheers!

Sir remember those years....I am with ya in heart! That is busy..

Are you in anything we may have seen or heard? 🤔
Probably, yes. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War/Black Ops 4, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Elder Scrolls Skyrim. A forthcoming HBO tv show and a few other tv shows and movies both here in the States and back in the UK. I'm not even remotely famous, though I am successful.

That stout looks awesome. I gotta try more of those.
Ive never had this one. Its one of the limited releases that I stumbled upon. I think this bottle cost me $13 and is dated Mid 2018, so it's already aged.

Lol, i guess I won’t be getting to that particular one anytime at all. Looks interesting though. Stouts in general, I need to try more of them. There a a few here in the NW I’ve been told I need to try but I think I’m still in the novice IPA stage of beer connoisseur’ism. I like one or two good strong IPA’s at the end of a long week. Maybe I’ll look for a Stout this evening. Cheers!

Probably, yes. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War/Black Ops 4, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Elder Scrolls Skyrim. A forthcoming HBO tv show and a few other tv shows and movies both here in the States and back in the UK. I'm not even remotely famous, though I am successful.
Success beats fame always 🙃

Ill be 52 come April next year and my wife will be 51. I’ve been a licensed property manager and Realtor for 29 years, 20 in California and 9 in Texas. I don’t work much anymore due to built up injuries but still add to the pot. My wife works full-time remote IT for the VA. So she makes most of the money and I take care of the house and kid (I love it❤️). I’ve also raised a step daughter and a son in another life in CA. I helped raise my granddaughter for 6 years here in Texas before the Moms family kicked me out.

That old life is done and gone. I am Enjoying being remarried and helping raise her eight-year-old daughter. I was a cyclist my entire life, track bike racing and mountain bike racing were my greatest loves. It was my all encompassing Hobby but injury stopped that cold, so I discovered RC cars a couple years ago and hobby grade RCs mid 2020. Like many on here I enjoy working on the cars probably more than driving them.

My wife got hit with breast cancer early this year so that’s been our primary involved thing that we do, aside from fight a 5 years long custody battle for her daughter. She is now 2 weeks post surgery and cancer free. We also got full custody of her daughter less then a month ago. I can’t wait for life to be normal, routine and somewhat boring again.

I like good craft beer. Specifically Freetail brewery here in San Antonio. Everything else I do involves my wife, step daughter and family. We fish, play with our RC cars, explore outdoors and have fun. I really don’t have or want friends. My little family is my entire world and my wife and step daughter are my best buddies. My elderly parents, my wife, myself, my stepdaughter and our dog… we all live together and do our best to get by.

Cool! So we can spot you next time on the big screen....hold up a Kraton, Big Rock, Senton, or something as a prop :) Or better yet put an Arrma Forum logo on your hat or shirt (y)
Ill be 52 come April next year and my wife will be 51. I’ve been a licensed property manager and Realtor for 29 years, 20 in California and 9 in Texas. I don’t work much anymore due to built up injuries but still add to the pot. My wife works full-time remote IT for the VA. So she makes most of the money and I take care of the house and kid (I love it❤️). I’ve also raised a step daughter and a son in another life in CA. I helped raise my granddaughter for 6 years here in Texas before the Moms family kicked me out.

That old life is done and gone. I am Enjoying being remarried and helping raise her eight-year-old daughter. I was a cyclist my entire life, track bike racing and mountain bike racing were my greatest loves. It was my all encompassing Hobby but injury stopped that cold, so I discovered RC cars a couple years ago and hobby grade RCs mid 2020. Like many on here I enjoy working on the cars probably more than driving them.

My wife got hit with breast cancer early this year so that’s been our primary involved thing that we do, aside from fight a 5 years long custody battle for her daughter. She is now 2 weeks post surgery and cancer free. We also got full custody of her daughter less then a month ago. I can’t wait for life to be normal, routine and somewhat boring again.

I like good craft beer. Specifically Freetail brewery here in San Antonio. Everything else I do involves my wife, step daughter and family. We fish, play with our RC cars, explore outdoors and have fun. I really don’t have or want friends. My little family is my entire world and my wife and step daughter are my best buddies. My elderly parents, my wife, myself, my stepdaughter and our dog… we all live together and do our best to get by.

Happy you found your stride and peace. Happy for the wife cancer-free also. I tell everyone I refuse to die anytime soon. Spent 40yrs of my life young and dumb. Now at 49 my mind is right and my direction and focus are clear! So the next 40+ will be about wise and calculated decisions.

Good for you!

Last edited:
people look at them ass toys not a hobby so when you know thats what they thinking it can have a negative effect on you.
Told my friends about the hobby. They may have made a little fun of me but When I showed them my 97mph speed run vid they were shocked:LOL::LOL:

Told my friends about the hobby. They may have made a little fun of me but When I showed them my 97mph speed run vid they were shocked:LOL::LOL:

Yea my friends would be impressed with it they just would probably rather spend $ on beer.:rolleyes:
But at the park or wherever I can totally catch the "stop playing with toys" vibe from some people. But like I said I'm running out of F's to give. hahaha

Cool! So we can spot you next time on the big screen....hold up a Kraton, Big Rock, Senton, or something as a prop :) Or better yet put an Arrma Forum logo on your hat or shirt (y)

The HBO show is a period piece. I think they might object if I hold up an RC car! Damn it would be funny though! :ROFLMAO:

Always curious what all folks here do? I dig this hobby, but have some others and it's weird what doesn't mix. I'm a "carpet-walker" slacks and collared shirt dude during the day, but fairly blue-collar outside of the salaried hours in the week. Work acquaintances have no interest whatsoever in most anything I do: RC; camping (logging roads, WAY away from civilization); things that go bang; German cars, Toyota 4x4 cars, my 2500 Sierra, auto's and working on them in general, home improvement (renovation, light plumbing, electrical, computer home networking of which I'm terribly novice at but did wire the house last summer). Just recently got some ATV's for the kids.

This hobby is most dissimilar from anyone I know mostly because I spend WAY to much on it. That's my problem, makes for me nearly going into hiding to build up my rig and play with the thing in the shame of a ridiculous toy. It's not like my rig is pristine either, it's probably novice to mid-range in terms of relative build on our forum. Bottom line, I RC on my own. My neighbor is the only dude I know that has an RC, and he had to go get a TRAXXIS that he doesn't much bash at all - when he does it explodes.
I am retired (66 years old) to much things to. Woodworking ( semi scale car models) digital Marklin H0 Train, 10 RC Models, lot of DIY around the house.

33FA5637-9685-4188-B8AB-A1E2DFF67E07.jpeg

ADB04513-7E6B-4011-A36E-1AD4CC4C7084.jpeg

3794E190-8E97-4838-9C06-6D747DD236C6.jpeg

Yea my friends would be impressed with it they just would probably rather spend $ on beer.:rolleyes:
But at the park or wherever I can totally catch the "stop playing with toys" vibe from some people. But like I said I'm running out of F's to give. hahaha
We explore parks and I always have 1-4 cars with me. If I get weird looks from parents I don’t notice them. I’ve got my eight-year-old with me and that seems to be a free pass to be immature as I want (not that I need one).

Now most of the parents and kids at these parks know me and when we arrive, the kids wonder which cars did I bring out of the eight that I own. I’ve also had more than a few dads ask me the best way to get into the Hobby. So spreading the love of this hobby is nice and it gives me an excuse to send people over to my favorite hobby shop, Alamo City hobby shop.

I love chasing the kids around on the playground. The RC car is the ‘lava monster’ and the playground structures are the safe points that the lava monster can’t get to. My mt10 Is best for this. It’s lighter and more controllable at speed so I run into fewer kids and it hurts less when I do. My step daughter still reminds me of the time I accidentally hit her ankle with the Vorteks. That is not a good car to chase kids around the playground with 🤣
I tell everyone I refuse to die anytime soon
I love and live that attitude! Years ago In a group setting people were talking about they’re ‘super powers’, or what makes them special. When I was finally asked I simply said ‘I am very hard to kill. I’ve tried my best and so have others but still…here I am’ 🙃

The thing about being super ADHD or just plain wild crazy is if you can make it thru the first 40 years, you can have a nice comfortable life for whatever time you have left.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back