What else do we all do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers, took a while
I bet! When young I mean like 10 to 14 years old, my best buddy had a huge set up On four full-size plywood tables. We would spend hours on it and probably kept us out of some of the trouble we were always getting in 🤣 I know that he and his dad had several years into building it. It was extremely realistic but not at the level of yours is!

I bet! When young I mean like 10 to 14 years old, my best buddy had a huge set up On four full-size plywood tables. We would spend hours on it and probably kept us out of some of the trouble we were always getting in 🤣 I know that he and his dad had several years into building it. It was extremely realistic but not at the level of yours is!
Thanks it's taken about 9years on and off.

Whoa, dude. That’s like wizard level stuff right there. I don’t do trains, but can recognize some serious work. Right on man!
Thanks very much keeps me sane I think, but like rc cars which I only got into at the start of the first lock down its addictive

Always curious what all folks here do? I dig this hobby, but have some others and it's weird what doesn't mix. I'm a "carpet-walker" slacks and collared shirt dude during the day, but fairly blue-collar outside of the salaried hours in the week. Work acquaintances have no interest whatsoever in most anything I do: RC; camping (logging roads, WAY away from civilization); things that go bang; German cars, Toyota 4x4 cars, my 2500 Sierra, auto's and working on them in general, home improvement (renovation, light plumbing, electrical, computer home networking of which I'm terribly novice at but did wire the house last summer). Just recently got some ATV's for the kids.

This hobby is most dissimilar from anyone I know mostly because I spend WAY to much on it. That's my problem, makes for me nearly going into hiding to build up my rig and play with the thing in the shame of a ridiculous toy. It's not like my rig is pristine either, it's probably novice to mid-range in terms of relative build on our forum. Bottom line, I RC on my own. My neighbor is the only dude I know that has an RC, and he had to go get a TRAXXIS that he doesn't much bash at all - when he does it explodes.
What Traxxas does he have? I have to really try hard to break my beefed up Xmaxx. And I'm talking about 30ft plus jumps. My other hobby is fish tanks, expensive, but the RC thing has been WAY MORE expensive and addictive
My wife says that I'm a full blown addict. I have 15 rigs 🤣😅

Looks like we all have lots of the same interests.

I own and operate a Hvac business and have for the past 29 years.

Love fishing
Ice fishing
Boating
Smokin brisket on the yoder
Evening ranger rides
Arial drone pix
I built and live in a log home so always lots to do.
My friends have no interest in what I do.

I’ve been in the hobby since 1988.

Looks like we all have lots of the same interests.

I own and operate a Hvac business and have for the past 29 years.

Love fishing
Ice fishing
Boating
Smokin brisket on the yoder
Evening ranger rides
Arial drone pix
I built and live in a log home so always lots to do.
My friends have no interest in what I do.

I’ve been in the hobby since 1988.

It does seem that a lot of us have the same interest beside rc's. I am so glad I decided to jump in the conversation's after lurking for a while.

Probably, yes. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War/Black Ops 4, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Elder Scrolls Skyrim. A forthcoming HBO tv show and a few other tv shows and movies both here in the States and back in the UK. I'm not even remotely famous, though I am successful.
Probably, yes. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War/Black Ops 4, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Elder Scrolls Skyrim. A forthcoming HBO tv show and a few other tv shows and movies both here in the States and back in the UK. I'm not even remotely famous, though I am successful.
Im sure my son would know your voice then. Thats pretty cool. My son is autistic and those are like some of his top10 list. 😆

He probably would.

This is me. Warning, there's swearing in it, so don't play near anyone offended by that -
Wtf!! 😂😂🤣🤣 I know your voice myself. Ive "watched" more of that game...well listened intently while the boy plays. I suck I don't play. I piss my boy off 😆

Damn how long would it take to get all those line done??

I spent eight days in the studio in Burbank, and Culver City where Activision and Treyarch are based. Those eight days were spaced out over about two months or thereabouts.

I honestly don't know if all the lines I recorded are in-game, or if there's stuff they're keeping back for DLCs.

It was incredibly good fun and I honestly hope I get the opportunity to do more COD games. This is my second one now and I went up from a 'various voices' in Black Ops 4 to playing a lead role in Black Ops Cold War. I do appear to have somewhat of a fan base off the back of this. Not a huge one and i'm very far from being famous, but it's nice to get recognised every now and again.

Ill be 52 come April next year and my wife will be 51. I’ve been a licensed property manager and Realtor for 29 years, 20 in California and 9 in Texas. I don’t work much anymore due to built up injuries but still add to the pot. My wife works full-time remote IT for the VA. So she makes most of the money and I take care of the house and kid (I love it❤️). I’ve also raised a step daughter and a son in another life in CA. I helped raise my granddaughter for 6 years here in Texas before the Moms family kicked me out.

That old life is done and gone. I am Enjoying being remarried and helping raise her eight-year-old daughter. I was a cyclist my entire life, track bike racing and mountain bike racing were my greatest loves. It was my all encompassing Hobby but injury stopped that cold, so I discovered RC cars a couple years ago and hobby grade RCs mid 2020. Like many on here I enjoy working on the cars probably more than driving them.

My wife got hit with breast cancer early this year so that’s been our primary involved thing that we do, aside from fight a 5 years long custody battle for her daughter. She is now 2 weeks post surgery and cancer free. We also got full custody of her daughter less then a month ago. I can’t wait for life to be normal, routine and somewhat boring again.

I like good craft beer. Specifically Freetail brewery here in San Antonio. Everything else I do involves my wife, step daughter and family. We fish, play with our RC cars, explore outdoors and have fun. I really don’t have or want friends. My little family is my entire world and my wife and step daughter are my best buddies. My elderly parents, my wife, myself, my stepdaughter and our dog… we all live together and do our best to get by.
😆 u want boring?? U live with 3 women. Of 3 diff generations. All closely related to u. 😆 I bet it never gets boring
I spent eight days in the studio in Burbank, and Culver City where Activision and Treyarch are based. Those eight days were spaced out over about two months or thereabouts.

I honestly don't know if all the lines I recorded are in-game, or if there's stuff they're keeping back for DLCs.

It was incredibly good fun and I honestly hope I get the opportunity to do more COD games. This is my second one now and I went up from a 'various voices' in Black Ops 4 to playing a lead role in Black Ops Cold War. I do appear to have somewhat of a fan base off the back of this. Not a huge one and i'm very far from being famous, but it's nice to get recognised every now and again.
You def gonna score me some cool dad points. Lol. Thanks. 👍
Is that even F'n grass growing thru gravel along the tracks??? Thats DETAILS! How u grow them trees so small?? 😆 Bonsai?
I am the North American IT Technology manager for a company you all know if named it....you all wear a lot of our shoes and clothing you see the logo everywhere! 49, two girls age 24 and 22 out for the house since college...one crashes there every so often then leaves. So, just the wife and I. Covid-19 pushed me into this hobby in 2000 until then I spent my money on nothing. Wife is happy to see me enjoying the hobby I am a tech/engineer my nature.

Outside of this I spend time mentoring men in prison which I have done for years, young boys, outreach coaching and Christian counseling. I had a jail record and a hard way to make a life so it's important to me to show others who have a record or felony on them...it's possible to make it to Corp level or any level or own business, I beat the odds. But it takes hard ass work....it can be done.

Played tennis as youth won lots of junior championship also ran track and cross country all as a young adult. All I do today is tennis and jog. Still can run a 8min mile at 49 but not a 5min one when I was younger and I still run 5k each morning MWF during week.

Love chatting and learning from all you here. Thankful to have the time and money to play and a wife that is open to let me enjoy it 😉
I have to ask....i think I know that logo...have u met him??

Last edited:
so your that b!tch whos allways yelling at me to get down:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

u want boring?? U live with 3 women. Of 3 diff generations. All closely related to u. 😆 I bet it never gets boring
Oh I can handle them. But throw in a difficult child custody case, flying back and forth to Washington monthly, cancer, broke foot, nerve damage issues etc and it gets to be a bit much. I just want the ‘normal’ struggles for awhile.

Oh I can handle them. But throw in a difficult child custody case, flying back and forth to Washington monthly, cancer, broke foot, nerve damage issues etc and it gets to be a bit much. I just want the ‘normal’ struggles for awhile.
damn bro im sorry to hear that
if you need someone to vent to im here mate(y)

damn bro im sorry to hear that
if you need someone to vent to im here mate(y)
Thanks man! I’m good, we’ve got most things in control. Killed the cancer and she’s recovering from surgery well, just got custody of the kid, foots healing slowly…all is good 🙃

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back