What esc is better

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I'm going to buy a bigger esc tomorrow and wanted your opinions on which one is better,a hobbywing maxx 5 or castle xlx. Its going in the typhon that's modified and has a 1650 with a lot of gearing. I've blown capacitors in 3 of the maxx 6's so want something bigger that can handle it, any of you guys that have any of these your input would be helpful, thanks

Once you get them to fit, either of those ESC will power that 4985 1650kv motor real well! I think it would be down to cost and if you want more options with your ESC...

Castle will allow to pull data from it after runs to break down it if you want, while the Max5 allows some changes but won't talk back so to say!

If you're really trying to get some speed runs out the setup, I would recommend the castle brand, alot of members also it has better handling with higher amp output to the motor.

Good luck! ? ? ?

Once you get them to fit, either of those ESC will power that 4985 1650kv motor real well! I think it would be down to cost and if you want more options with your ESC...

Castle will allow to pull data from it after runs to break down it if you want, while the Max5 allows some changes but won't talk back so to say!

If you're really trying to get some speed runs out the setup, I would recommend the castle brand, alot of members also it has better handling with higher amp output to the motor.

Good luck! ? ? ?
Thank u

i can say I have had better results so far with hw max5 esc compared to the castle xlx.

3x max5 and tp 4070cm 2200k, 6s
1x max5 and leopard 4092 1730kv, 6s
1x max5 and leopard 5892 1340kv, 8s

1x castle xlx and tp 4050cm 3200kv, 6s ?

hoping the next xlx will be better ??

i can say I have had better results so far with hw max5 esc compared to the castle xlx.

Thank you, I know the new castle is coming this week, but don't know how it's going to be, I can make either one fit by moving stuff around, what connectors do u use

Also use external cap packs on all installs.
Yeah ,I guess I am going to also after blowing caps on 3 esc,s. Still going to run the talion with a blown cap,it seems to work okay,but the other 2 were not

3200kv on 6S ??

Is that kosher? ??‍♂️ 80k RPMs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back