Typhon What ESC will be Best for TP Power 4040CM can 3770KV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaFreek2022

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
So it may be to late cause I already ordered it but I ordered a TP3770kv motor and I'm getting my first Speed Run ESC, Mamba Monster 2. As I am just becoming aware of the Spektrum 90mph limit. Wondering if this will be sufficient or even a possible setup, the TP motor with the MM2.

After asking on here, it was suggested I purchase the Monster Mamba X 8s for better performance. My question is what type of speeds can I expect from the MM2 and TP and do I have anything to worry about. Thinking of running on 4s first as the numbers on the RC calculator look ridiculous on 6s.

The motor is rated up to 95,000 RPM so I'm sure it will be OK, wondering again about the ESC and batteries.

Thanks guys.

rcinfo.PNG

IMG_20220709_161315~2.jpg

You may want to consider selling the ESC if you have plans of going over 110mph?
I rarely see the MM2 take people beyond 115 mph unless it is the MM2 retro which does not have the amperage limiting.

I would expect you might reach around 110 mph with that motor and ESC combo. The motor is rated to 4200 watts.

That speed calculator/calculation is wildly inaccurate. For one, you can't specify the voltage of each cell. Secondly, you need to set the KV for about 80% as the given KV value of a motor is always without load, which you never encounter in the real world. Here's a better speed calculator that should help you get more realistic numbers. For the cell voltage, start around 3.6-3.7V per cell and like said, 80% of KV. For the diff value enter 3.307. For transmission and additional gear ratio enter 1. Don't worry about current draw or motor resistance.
https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back